Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

True. It's been 150 years since we had open warfare on our soil. Here's to another 150.

225 since a foreign power landed in England, though they got bombed to hell.
    We have also had multiple attacks…Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Jan 6, etc.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

speech................less

Comment

• Courious. I know there are history buffs on here. I'm not one.

Are there any parallels the Germany and WW2 to what's happening now with Putin? Other than having nukes, that is.

It's hard, as a father, to watch what is happening to kids and families in Ukraine. We are so damn lucky to be living in the good old USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Courious. I know there are history buffs on here. I'm not one.

Are there any parallels the Germany and WW2 to what's happening now with Putin? Other than having nukes, that is.

It's hard, as a father, to watch what is happening to kids and families in Ukraine. We are so damn lucky to be living in the good old USA.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Courious. I know there are history buffs on here. I'm not one.

You’d have more parallels to the wars of the Russian Tsars. It was pretty common for them to expand this way and that to capture border countries.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Thanks, KW.

So, if we had the chance to stop Hitler today, should we?

Not advocating for or against, just tossing out thoughts going threw my pea sized brain.

Comment

• Holy crap!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Pearl Harbor and 9/11 weren't sustained. 1/6 was probably on par with the Gunpowder Plot. Definitely not rising to the level of the Whiskey Rebellion.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I mean, the trauma I went through watching January 6th is probably a lot like what the Ukrainians are going through. All of America, in fact.

CNN, MSNBC, and the Democrats told me so.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "I don't think Russia could ever control Ukraine," Colin Smith (an expert on the Russian military at the RAND Corp) .said. "That was never their intent. I think they just honestly want Ukraine to be a buffer. Regardless of what government goes back into Ukraine, Ukraine has been left so decapitated it can’t field a viable military. It's not going to join NATO, or NATO decides against even considering it. You've created a wasteland buffer."

Comment

• "Maybe Putin is just bluffing and wants to negotiate with NATO."
                        "Maybe Putin is just trying to get NATO to dissolve."
                        "Putin only wants a small piece of the Ukraine because they speak Russian."
                        "Putin wants a wasteland buffer."

If Kung Wu was dictator of Russia, why would he attack Ukraine?

I'd simply want all of the poorly protected natural resources that Ukraine is sitting on: Coal, Oil, Natural Gas, Iron, Manganese, Titanium, Uranium, Mercury and on and on and on. Whoever owns all of those resources is sitting on trillions of dollars of future revenue.

You are telling me I can march into Ukraine with 200,000 troops and I get all of that, and no other country will try and stop me? Hell yeah, lets roll!

And for that matter, what other countries have easily plucked super valuable resources that I can have, and nobody will defend them? Let's march there next.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Holy crap!

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status...fiNw2Zi6Q&s=19
                          if it had been a professional ambush they would have been dead.

Comment

• Despite the ongoing war with Russia, homes in Ukraine are getting booked up faster than a seaside town at spring break.

Hundreds of people are booking Airbnb rentals in Ukraine — here’s why

This article will take care of any dry eye issues.

For years, the political scientist has claimed that Putin’s aggression toward Ukraine is caused by Western intervention. Have recent events changed his mind?

Why John Mearsheimer Blames the U.S. for the Crisis in Ukraine

For years, the political scientist has claimed that Putin’s aggression toward Ukraine is caused by Western intervention. Have recent events changed his mind?

Mearsheimer is a proponent of great-power politics—a school of realist international relations that assumes that, in a self-interested attempt to preserve national security, states will preëmptively act in anticipation of adversaries. For years, Mearsheimer has argued that the U.S., in pushing to expand nato eastward and establishing friendly relations with Ukraine, has increased the likelihood of war between nuclear-armed powers and laid the groundwork for Vladimir Putin’s aggressive position toward Ukraine. Indeed, in 2014, after Russia annexed Crimea, Mearsheimer wrote that “the United States and its European allies share most of the responsibility for this crisis.”
                            A thought-provoking article devoid of any American ethnocentrism.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I mean, the trauma I went through watching January 6th is probably a lot like what the Ukrainians are going through. All of America, in fact.

CNN, MSNBC, and the Democrats told me so.
                              A rather unclever attempt to minimize the actions of an evil man, leaning on the backs of simple-minded Americans, to piss all over the U.S. Constitution in order to feed his insatiable ego.

Populist authoritarian regimes "are mobilizational regimes in which a strong, charismatic, manipulative leader rules through a coalition involving key lower-class groups.
                              You're a little early on the revisionist history propaganda cycle. That will start in the summer and fall leading up to midterms. ****er/Hannity et al. will be delivering your talking points then.

I, as well as millions of other Moderates/Independents will be looking to vote out anybody resembling the "Trump Horde".

Covidiocy and Jan. 6th made things crystal clear. Our 'Grand Old Party' has a brain drain(ed) problem.

Comment

• Putin is saying the sanction the world is taking against Russia constitutes an act of war. Therefore they are contemplating responding with Cyber Attacks on the West.

So my question would be this - if Russia decided to conduct cyber attacks against our electric grid this next week when a pretty large polar vortex may impact a large portion of the United States. There could be some stress put on the power grid just by the polar vortex (especially in Texas), combine that with a cyber attack it could cause cascading failure to occur.

How should the U.S. respond if there is a substantial cyber attack that takes down critical infrastructure?

Comment

Working...
                                X