Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
    Can you imagine the clash of the Biden Admin puppet masters that is happening now. The internal battle over what the script will read next to be presented and the fear of what the unstable puppet may say once in front of the cameras. Currently scheduled for a 11:30 CT address, how late will old Joe be before his handlers feel safe to roll him out in front of the nation?
    Two delays so far. Climate group won't give in I expect. Just see todays comments from John Kerry.

Boris Johnson laid things down from Great Brittan. So now the Biden Admin has to make adjustments instead of taking the lead.

Comment

• Trump has got to be the biggest ****ing moron in the history of U.S. Presidents. Joe Biden could live to be 160 and would never match the stupidity uttered by that idiot over the last several days.

There's still a chance that Russia is bluffing and making token attacks in hopes of gaining backroom leverage. But if I were in charge, I would immediately bomb his frontline into oblivion. Then I would weep for all the innocent Russian troops who have no desire to be invading a peaceful nation. This is all on Putin.

And no, we don't want a bunch of random nations developing their own national defense, as those who invest massively in military, tend to eventually find a way to use it. America playing world police is not ideal, but it has mostly kept the peace for almost a century.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        And no, we don't want a bunch of random nations developing their own national defense, as those who invest massively in military, tend to eventually find a way to use it. America playing world police is not ideal, but it has mostly kept the peace for almost a century.
        Mostly kept the peace? The US has pretty much been involved in war of some kind for 70 years. That's a pretty shitty history of peace.

And most of these countries that would be responsible for their own national defense aren't going to become major military powers and cause chaos. It has more to do with keeping the peace. It would also save America trillions of dollars. Dollars that could be better spent elsewhere, or better yet, not taken from taxpayers to begin with.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

But if I were in charge, I would immediately bomb his frontline into oblivion.
          Do us all a solid and sit the next few election cycles out. Thank you!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Trump has got to be the biggest ****ing moron in the history of U.S. Presidents. Joe Biden could live to be 160 and would never match the stupidity uttered by that idiot over the last several days.

There's still a chance that Russia is bluffing and making token attacks in hopes of gaining backroom leverage. But if I were in charge, I would immediately bomb his frontline into oblivion. Then I would weep for all the innocent Russian troops who have no desire to be invading a peaceful nation. This is all on Putin.

lmao. The lifelong Republican has spoken. “I don’t speak politics.”

If Trump was running things, your plan would’ve been implemented already. Actually it wouldn’t have, because Russia would’ve never invaded Ukraine in the first place.

What a sim.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Mostly kept the peace? The US has pretty much been involved in war of some kind for 70 years. That's a pretty shitty history of peace.

And most of these countries that would be responsible for their own national defense aren't going to become major military powers and cause chaos. It has more to do with keeping the peace. It would also save America trillions of dollars. Dollars that could be better spent elsewhere, or better yet, not taken from taxpayers to begin with.
              That's correct. All minor skirmishes compared to WW1 and 2. Assuming that a bunch of random countries developing national defense-caliber militaries aren't going to cause "chaos" shows you have more faith in your fellow man than I. A pound of missiles, an ounce of economic despair (see Russia), and maybe a dash of religion/ideology is all that's necessary for an autocrat to start feelin' froggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Do us all a solid and sit the next few election cycles out. Thank you!
                I sat the last one out. I will definitely be voting in the midterms and 2024 Republican primaries. As for the 2024 presidential election... I hope I have someone to vote for. They will have to pass a significant intellectual + character filter.

Comment

• Have no idea how anyone can make the leap to Trump on this. This is Putin doing exactly what he wants. The only question is at what cost. That remains to be seen militarly from Ukraine, and then economically by the world. But even then, China will probably prop them up.

Trump is just stating facts. Putin played the world like a fiddle. The world has no teeth.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Trump has got to be the ....
                    Could you actually sit this one out? The grown-ups have actually been having a rational discussion of the event occurring in Ukraine. This is way over your head. If you really think you have something to add - try answering this question -- Why does the Ukraine matters?

BTW, I think I saw somebody in the covid thread with no mask on, better get back over there and get that place cleaned up.

Comment

I sat the last one out. I will definitely be voting in the midterms and 2024 Republican primaries. As for the 2024 presidential election... I hope I have someone to vote for. They will have to pass a significant intellectual + character filter.
                      Who will you utilize to make that evaluation?

Comment

• Comment

Trump has got to be the biggest ****ing moron in the history of U.S. Presidents. Joe Biden could live to be 160 and would never match the stupidity uttered by that idiot over the last several days.

That sounds like WW3 brinksmanship

Comment

• Getting bored with covid now Cold?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

That sounds like WW3 brinksmanship
                              Putin does not have the support of ordinary Russian people. This assertion was verified by my Ukrainian and Russian friends. They merely fear him. It's a calculated risk bombing him hard and fast that it doesn't develop and galvanize support - instead having the effect that a quick pop in the mouth has had on bullies since the beginning of time.

I'd also like to see the Ukrainian people reach out to the Russian people for help in a vast social media effort. Let the people solve what their corrupt leaders can't. Maybe the information age can have an effect on what is a very primitive behavior... war.

I'd look for protesting to spring up organically across Russia. *EDIT* Just Googled protests and it looks like Putin is attempting to preempt those efforts. They need to rise up in numbers so vast they can't be stopped. Then Putin may have just initialed the end of his days as a free man. Wouldn't that be an interesting Karmic twist?

Comment

I asked a Ukrainian immigrant friend of mine (who happens to have a hot Russian wife), what Putin was up to and this was his reply: "I have no idea, I haven't been following it."

It's likely just a bunch of talk. Or maybe a diversion.
                                Wrong.

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                Russia Says Some Troops Pulling Back From Ukraine Border as NATO Hopes for Diplomacy
                                Like I said...
                                Wrong.

It's all a ruse.
                                Wrong.

Putin wants his diplomats allowed back into the U.S.
                                Wrong.

He wants the election meddling sanctions dropped as well.
                                Wrong.

It would be like Texas invading Oklahoma.
                                Wrong.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X