Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    The President Biden/Ukraine President Zelensky call has become a ****-show.

Biden tells Zelensky that Russian invasion is imminent and they are going to "sack" him. Zelensky told Biden "If you look at the satellites, you will see the increase in troops. You can't assess whether this is a threat, an attack, or simple rotation". He went further to say he is knows the details better there.

Zelensky asked the U.S. to put sanctions on Russia now. Biden declined. Zelensky told Biden to "calm down" on the rhetoric.

Zelensky also said Putin invited him to Sochi and he said he asked why? "Do you want me to ski there?". He countered with Odessa instead and offered up swimming in the sea.

Pentagon/Sec D are having a briefing at 1pm EST today to discuss.
    Ukraine source is saying the meeting "did not go well". Biden team disputes the Ukraine account of the meeting and warns that the anonymous sources are "leaking falsehoods". The Ukraine government has said they were the "anonymous source" leaking parts of the meeting because they didn't think it went well.

Comment

• I sleep soundly knowing Biden is in charge of the "big button"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I sleep soundly knowing Biden is in charge of the "big button"...
        I honestly do not believe that Joe Bye-Done is in charge of anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

What I said was ALL about jobs, so I wouldn't call you naive. Your job or economic well being may be secure forever. Perhaps you may be economically naive, or perhaps you do not care about friends/family/other Americans being economically prosperous around you.
          I think we should bring those activities that are in China, out of China. Then it wouldn’t matter economically.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Ukraine probably want their money back from the Bidens.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think we should bring those activities that are in China, out of China. Then it wouldn’t matter economically.
              That would help a lot, as long as businesses can compete by exporting those goods. There are a lot more countries besides China involved. And you didn’t speak about the natural resources that are developed in other countries.

Isolationism is one of the major causes of WW2. America only got involved in WW2 when New England, and the Atlantic coastline was threatened by Germany, and Japanese Empire attacked Pearl Harbor. Russia, China (N..Korea/perhaps S. Korea), Iran, and (I think long term, Germany), and perhaps Germany will be future American/Western foes. The fighting weapons will happen online in addition to nuclear weapons. It all depends on which countries that are now Democracies become authoritarian.

Comment

• There's an area between isolationism and being in everybody's business.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  There's an area between isolationism and being in everybody's business.
                  I totally agree. NATO may be a losing cause. Germany probably isn’t a member that can be counted on, and Russia isn’t our main adversary, unless they become closer to China, which is our greatest adversary as we move ahead. In addition to China becoming more of a power in the Eastern hemisphere, they are really becoming a stronger adversary in the Western Hemisphere. UK, Australia, Japan, South Korea, and Canada probably can be counted on, to defend the West. I’m not sure about the rest of the West. Young democracies like Poland, Ukraine, and other fledgling USSR satellites are searching for leadership from democracies to latch onto, but Germany and maybe others seem to be moving away from them. Meanwhile, China is gaining influence into our backyard with Haiti, Latin America, South America, and even as close as Mexico.

We probably need need to look at how we can combat China’s spread of influence both in the East (S. Korea, Japan, and Australia, Indo China, Philippines, etc. and in the Western Hemisphere in Mexico, Latin America, and North S. America with diplomacy and trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I totally agree. NATO may be a losing cause. Germany probably isn’t a member that can be counted on, and Russia isn’t our main adversary, unless they become closer to China, which is our greatest adversary as we move ahead. In addition to China becoming more of a power in the Eastern hemisphere, they are really becoming a stronger adversary in the Western Hemisphere. UK, Australia, Japan, South Korea, and Canada probably can be counted on, to defend the West. I’m not sure about the rest of the West. Young democracies like Poland, Ukraine, and other fledgling USSR satellites are searching for leadership from democracies to latch onto, but Germany and maybe others seem to be moving away from them. Meanwhile, China is gaining influence into our backyard with Haiti, Latin America, South America, and even as close as Mexico.

We probably need need to look at how we can combat China’s spread of influence both in the East (S. Korea, Japan, and Australia, Indo China, Philippines, etc. and in the Western Hemisphere in Mexico, Latin America, and North S. America with diplomacy and trade.
                    I don’t know why you are talking about adversaries. There is prosperity or poverty, security or vulnerability, freedom or tyranny. Adversaries are just the other guy our elite blame for their failures.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Hafta wonder if Putin's troops are worried about the prospect of facing off against tiny battery-powered American tanks driven by transgender soldiers......

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Hafta wonder if Putin's troops are worried about the prospect of facing off against tiny battery-powered American tanks driven by transgender soldiers......
                        We're going to need to install wind turbines to have somewhere to plug in our tanks. Does Ukraine have much wind? Do they make wind turbines in camo?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I don’t know why you are talking about adversaries. There is prosperity or poverty, security or vulnerability, freedom or tyranny. Adversaries are just the other guy our elite blame for their failures.
                          Our adversaries are generally totalitarian states. No matter how hard you might rationalize, the US can not be put into that category.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Our adversaries are generally totalitarian states. No matter how hard you might rationalize, the US can not be put into that category.
                            Okay?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• The Ukrainians are still sticking to "nothing to see here." They say the US is the only country trying to make something of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                                The Ukrainians are still sticking to "nothing to see here." They say the US is the only country trying to make something of this.
                                Jen Psaki also made a point of showing that Fox news happened to not be talking about Russia/Ukraine at the time of an interview.

It is quite interesting to hear the Ukrainians saying, "meh" and the U.S. raising holy hell. Who knows what is going on.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X