X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The buildup is continuing.

Russian deputy foreign minister just put out a message

What will the likely false provocation be?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What will the likely false provocation be?
      One might be that the Russians would complain of the genocide of Russian in Ukraine,

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been hardening his rhetoric over the situation in Ukraine, saying the war in the country's east looks like genocide.

Russia's leader ramps up his rhetoric as the US and Ukrainian presidents discuss border tensions.

Another is some type of border provocation that the Russians would complain they needed to intervene. Russia also starting to complain that NATO is creating a provocation.

Comment

Putin in his press conference

We have nowhere further to retreat. Do they really think we'll sit widely as they created threats against us?
        The louder the Putin rhetoric, the harder it will be for him to step back unless Biden and the rest of NATO publically capitulate (which is a real probability).

Comment

Comment

Russia defense minister says military contractors with the help of U.S. military are building chemical weapons in Donbas.

Comment

Ukraine is not a NATO country. I do not believe the US or NATO will in anyway directly intervene with their troops, missiles or aircraft.

I think the US and others could very well step up arms sales etc. We are already providing some military equipment to Ukraine.

Comment

Ukraine is not a NATO country because NATO countries for years have not admitted them because of Russia. How many times has Ukraine asked for membership? It's more than once and NATO is afraid to confront Russia in any actual sense.

With that said, I don't think the US should really be involved and definitely should send Americans there. But I'd have no problem selling Ukraine most anything they wanted or needed to defend themselves and leave any helping them from a soldier standpoint to their neighbors in Europe.

Russia will continue bullying those around them as long as they're allowed to. I don't think Russia wants an all out war, but they have no problem eventually having some relatively small skirmishes with overmatched countries that can't really defend themselves and have no support from their neighbors and keep taking little bits of land as they wish. Still not sold that they'll do anything, at least not in the immediate future, but Putin likes to throw his weight around and everyone allows it.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Ukraine is not a NATO country. I do not believe the US or NATO will in anyway directly intervene with their troops, missiles or aircraft.
                  Biden and the UK have already categorically ruled out sending any of their country's troops. The only thing they are talking about is economic sanctions as a response. It will be hard for Europe to risk doing much of anything because they are beholden to Russia for gas.

The reality is the US would have very limited options anyway, the battle for Ukraine will be over in days if not hours. If they were going to surge equipment (e.g. Reforger type operation) then it would need to have already started.

I think the US and others could very well step up arms sales etc. We are already providing some military equipment to Ukraine.
                  Russia would see any major support to Ukraine as a provocation and would precipitate the decision for Russia to invade.

US support has been mainly small arms and ammo and combined training exercises. They have sent some javelins but are not considering any higher-tech weapons.

The US did send a team over to look at their air defense capabilities. Also, the US and UK are providing them cyberwarfare support as any move by Russia will likely be like in 2015 when Russia took down large parts of the Ukraine electric grid.

Comment

Some tension is being reduced. Supposed to talk after the New Year and 10,000 Russian troops are reported to be returning to their bases after "drills near Ukraine".

Comment

When Putin is confident that there is no NATO resolve to intervene, then the Ukraine is pretty much doomed. Have to admit we really don't know what is going on behind the scenes, however. If Putin wants them, I don't see how the Baltic states survive long term either even if they are NATO members...Belarus will act in Putin's interest and allow Russian troop passage through Belarus if not actually join in on the invasion itself. Remember the heady days back in the 1990's when we took away the Ukraine's nuclear weapons because we trusted Boris Yeltsin's Russia but not the Ukraine...
                      Last edited by N Crestway; December 26, 2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Ukraine is a diversion compared to the real threat to America:

Comment

John McCain was a fine man. However, I agree with Ben Domenech much more than I agreed with his late father in law.

Comment

Might be a buyer's market in the Ukrainian mail-order bride business...

Comment

Wonder if there are any kind and understanding Ukrainian brides available for old baby boomers who aren't worth a billion....
                              Last edited by N Crestway; January 4, 2022, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                                Wonder if there are any kind and understanding Ukrainian brides available for old baby boomers who aren't worth a billion....
                                Keep me posted...for a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X