Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Nice response BOBB. NOT!

I'm happy to be part of very significant policy and administrative changes, some of which will stand for years or decades. He blew it all up Nov 4 +

I'm proud to be part of a Presidential administrative transition. That is pretty cool, actually.
    Sorry, man, but this was a slow moving train wreck that most saw coming. I can see where you might have had enough to go on early in, but at some point you had to notice things were going off the rails well before Nov 4. Whatever policy/ judiciary gains were made can't be worth the damage done.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Sorry, man, but this was a slow moving train wreck that most saw coming. I can see where you might have had enough to go on early in, but at some point you had to notice things were going off the rails well before Nov 4. Whatever policy/ judiciary gains were made can't be worth the damage done.
      What damage?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The way Trump supporters are being blacklisted, you might want to scrub your social media. BOBB May turn you in to the new “gestapo” for lack of a better name.
        Lol. There's danger in the radical left to be sure, but that is a problem for future BOBB. Right now the biggest threat are right wing cranks that think freedom means doing whatever the **** they want and backing it up with a gun. Outside of I-5 and I-95 I feel pretty safe from the Khmer Rouge USA.

Comment

Lol. There's danger in the radical left to be sure, but that is a problem for future BOBB. Right now the biggest threat are right wing cranks that think freedom means doing whatever the **** they want and backing it up with a gun. Outside of I-5 and I-95 I feel pretty safe from the Khmer Rouge USA.
          This is okay...BOBB sees more of an immediate threat from the right wing whackaloons. I see more of a threat from the left wing whachaloons. They’re both a problem, and people are sheltering in their comfort zone in hopes the bigger threat will go away.
          Livin the dream

Comment

I was actually being sarcastic, but the problem is that the extreme left aren't the ones doing the blacklisting and retribution toward Trump administration workers. Forbes Magazine or maybe it was a news person advocated it, and Lincoln Project people (who imo are probably really democrats) are outing spokesmen/women which is kind of humorous because Kelly Conway is one of the communications people they cited (George Conway's own wife). That marriage will be interesting to watch.

Comment

• There are still ongoing mysteries on how this occurred. It was a relatively small group of rioters (some that have been identified inside the Capitol building say they were just going to the Cap. and became caught up in it but they had no violence in mind which is believable even though they should 't have done that) in the low thousands imo, but still not a huge number of people who descended on the Capitol. How could this have happened without the National Guard called up? Why didn't the Cap. Police have plain clothes officers in the crowd to gauge the problem? We know from the bombs the police found by the Republican and Democrat headquarters that people came there to commit violence before hand (Trump didn't incite those who brought bombs). There were definitely people who had their own agenda at the Capitol that day, and also some of the 75 Million Trump supporters who just came to hear him speak. The police also knew things were coming because they picked up the leader of the Proud Boys and arrested him a day or two before the protest. So they had to know that some people were there to cause problems. Why, then were the Capitol Police so ill prepared? Again, Why weren't there barriers, set up, why weren't the National Guard in the background, ready to assist and provide a presence that a mob would have seen and acquiesced. It boggles the mind and I'm not even mentioning those government police who monitor social media had to have known that some violence could be a result. They knew the Proud Boys were coming.

Comment

• Law enforcement and the military probing whether members took part in Capitol riot (nbcnews.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What damage?
                  Not sure if serious

Comment

be

You're still ignoring what happened to get a non-politician to win over 15 or so other Republicans (I was actually for one of the 15) and then be elected President (I did vote for him over Hillary). There are a lot of normal right of center Americans who believe that the Democrats, the media, and Biden will collude to ruin our country. I still do. 75 Million voted for Trump (almost equal to Biden's number), and liked Trump partially because he didn't always back down like Republicans are expected to do by the media, and left of Center politicians. However, almost all of the 75 Million aren't people who are willing to commit violence, even with the Russian hoax of the first 3 years. Almost all of the 75 Million believed in the agenda of the last 4 years and that the election wasn't fair. However, I wish he would have given up the fight before Christmas.

Most of those 75 Million still think that the Resistance to Trump (by the FBI, and O Bama) that started from before he was elected, was illegal too. It continued all 4 years, during some of the most prosperous times in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      The internet is a scary thing. I have never met ABC or communicated with them (outside of perhaps on this forum) and yet...

But yes, they can back up what they have claimed.
                      That sounded kinda threatening. If you were attempting to provide a courtesy surely you would have contacted him privately. Somethin' on your mind partner?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        There are still ongoing mysteries on how this occurred. It was a relatively small group of rioters (some that have been identified inside the Capitol building say they were just going to the Cap. and became caught up in it but they had no violence in mind which is believable even though they should 't have done that) in the low thousands imo, but still not a huge number of people who descended on the Capitol. How could this have happened without the National Guard called up? Why didn't the Cap. Police have plain clothes officers in the crowd to gauge the problem? We know from the bombs the police found by the Republican and Democrat headquarters that people came there to commit violence before hand (Trump didn't incite those who brought bombs). There were definitely people who had their own agenda at the Capitol that day, and also some of the 75 Million Trump supporters who just came to hear him speak. The police also knew things were coming because they picked up the leader of the Proud Boys and arrested him a day or two before the protest. So they had to know that some people were there to cause problems. Why, then were the Capitol Police so ill prepared? Again, Why weren't there barriers, set up, why weren't the National Guard in the background, ready to assist and provide a presence that a mob would have seen and acquiesced. It boggles the mind and I'm not even mentioning those government police who monitor social media had to have known that some violence could be a result. They knew the Proud Boys were coming.
                        The National Guard wasn't called because the president didn't call them.

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/g...itol-1.9436865

Trump Initially 'Delighted' and 'Excited' to Hear His Supporters Stormed the Capitol, Says GOP Senator

Sasse also told Hugh Hewitt that he heard directly from senior White House officials that Trump was "delighted" and "excited" by the news of his supporters storming the U.S. Capitol after a rally in which he and others close to the president urged them to "fight".

“As this was unfolding on television, Donald Trump was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as you had rioters pushing against Capitol Police trying to get into the building,” Sasse told conservative talk show host Friday. “That was happening. He was delighted.”
                        I'm not shocked really. He's made so many direct and indirect threats since deciding to run for office that I have lost count. Embarrassingly, I discounted them all until last June. Now free and clear of Trump's influence, I see an incredible pattern of irresponsible behavior. Remember this "Fake News" scandal?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cond-amendment

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the second amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know. But I’ll tell you what, that will be a horrible day.”
                        I laughed that off at the time. I look back at all the things he has said, but now through a different lens, and I just shudder.

Comment

• “We’re very lucky that the vice-president isn’t a maniac,” said Joe Grogan, Trump’s domestic policy advisor until last year.
                          To Trump, one advisor said, the vice-president had entered ‘Sessions territory’, referring to Jeff Sessions, the attorney-general who was tortured by the president before being fired

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That sounded kinda threatening. If you were attempting to provide a courtesy surely you would have contacted him privately. Somethin' on your mind partner?
                            I have contacted them privately to explain. My statement wasn't intended to be threatening, but to be honest the amount of personnel information available over the web about most of is a more than a little concerning. Not just because of internet sleuths trying to figure out for themselves if a person's incredulous statement is true, but because of big tech and the like. Personally, I was freaked out about how easily the statement was to verify and how much extra information came with and if it reads poorly it is probably because of the growing horror I felt while writing it.

Comment

• A
                              Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The National Guard wasn't called because the president didn't call them.
                              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29G0H3

You are wrong and failed to learn about the 3 branches of Government in your Civics classes.

The President isn’t in charge of Capitol Police and Capitol Security. The CP is under a joint board of Senate and House members. The Senate and House are in charge of the CP board. The Executive branch has zero to do with the Capitol.

Learn how oversight ensures that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Capitol Complex

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What damage?
                                5 dead at the Capitol.

Messiah of Q Cult that makes Scientologists look like Lutherans.

Rejection of science at every opportunity.

Huge deficits that will only matter when Dems are in control.

Numerous fraudulent claims shaking confidence in electoral system.

Supporting strongman regimes while shatting on our traditional allies.

His positives:
                                Improved posture with China though he pissed away opportunities to include our traditional trading partners.

Leveraged Arab Sunni hatred of Iran to rapprochement with Israel.

Didn't start or escalate any wars though we'll see what an emboldened Israel and Saudi Arabia can cook up with Iran.

Comment

Working...
                                X