No announcement yet.

Pfizer Covid Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...nited%20States.

This information is interesting to compare the 1918 pandemic to the Carona virus pandemic. Young children and other younger aged people were at risk much more than the current pandemic. Also 650,000 Americans perished in the 1918 pandemic. We may reach that number but we are a little more than half that at this time. Additionally, if you compare apples to apples, those 650,000 people who died came from a population that was much more rural, spread out, and from a total population of approximately 106 Million people nationwide in 1918. Today we have approximately 330 Million people in our country. The ratio of people who perished in 1918 was astounding compared with today.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I read the article and it looks like the government is listing released and ready doses on Tuesday for orders the next week, whereas the projected doses ready for distribution the following week are being left off of the ordering list.

One interesting side note: they are “baffled” that they can sometimes get 7 doses out of a 5 dose bottle. This is super common. No one should be baffled. The requirement is, “not less than” the full volume. It’s normal to have more. For instance, we track out controlled drug standard amounts to the mg. They are distributed by the government in bottles containing 200 mg. The actual amount is between 220 and 280 mg.

Dumb.
      Thank you wufan . I realize that we're fortunate to have your front line insight and knowledge but damn it why can't we get this information from "news"? The first time I heard this, I said to myself, this does not make sense, I'm sure there's a reason, why can't someone find out what it is? It just doesn't seem to be information that is that difficult to find out.....no offense intended, because I sincerely appreciate every nugget you bring to the table. I'm not insinuating it's all easy and simple.

We just should get easy answers when those are available. It seems in this case they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Thank you wufan . I realize that we're fortunate to have your front line insight and knowledge but damn it why can't we get this information from "news"? The first time I heard this, I said to myself, this does not make sense, I'm sure there's a reason, why can't someone find out what it is? It just doesn't seem to be information that is that difficult to find out.....no offense intended, because I sincerely appreciate every nugget you bring to the table. I'm not insinuating it's all easy and simple.

We just should get easy answers when those are available. It seems in this case they were.
        Well, this happens to be a field in which I have some level of expertise. I can’t imagine what **** is reported that I eat up as “reality” when I have no background knowledge.
        Livin the dream

Comment

In order to instill trust we should disappear people we disagree with and add regulations to stop those people from speaking.

Not interested in your authoritarian dystopia.
          Oversimplified/False Dilemma.

Having consequences for disseminating misleading and harmful health information in the middle of the worst pandemic in over a hundred years is a far cry from your hyperbole. Regulations are necessary to protect man from themselves - particularly when small powerful groups (political propagandizers) can inflict heavy costs on powerless, large groups (the unvaccinated public). I don't think you want to segue into the argument you're unwittingly beginning to construct here.

Comment

• You call the populous of this nation, “powerless”. That is why you are authoritarian. You think some citizens are “lesser” and must therefore be protected. That is the root of all that is evil done in the name of compassion.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

There really isn't a need for "special knowledge and insight" (not that there's any to be found on this board outside of... ummm...) on the very few allergic reactions that have occurred. The general media has done a good job reporting the facts. If you feel overly concerned, then it may be due to the fact you've been "inadvertently" getting your pandemic news from the propagandists. They are attempting to subtly infuse politicism into the vaccination equation just as I predicted.

If you have severe allergies, and you'll already know it if you do, then you also should have a plan in place in case of an acute reaction. You would want to take your vaccine in close proximity to epinephrine and hang out for 10 mins. after the shot to make sure you don't have the following symptoms:
              • Skin reactions, including hives and itching and flushed or pale skin.
              • Low blood pressure (hypotension)
              • Constriction of your airways and a swollen tongue or throat, which can cause wheezing and trouble breathing.
              • A weak and rapid pulse.
              • Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
              • Dizziness or fainting.

A health care worker who experienced an allergic reaction after receiving a Moderna Covid-19 vaccine at Boston Medical Center on Christmas Eve tells CNN he has a history of allergies.

The rare severe allergic reactions that have been reported after people took the coronavirus vaccine could be tied to a chemical found in both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, according to the Food…

At this point my recommendation would be to avoid any and all Conservative news outlets for your pandemic-related information.

P.S. They're focusing in on polyethylene glycol as the potential culprit in these few cases of anaphylactic shock. It's found in other drugs which have also triggered the rare allergy emergency.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There really isn't a need for "special knowledge and insight" (not that there's any to be found on this board outside of... ummm...) on the very few allergic reactions that have occurred. The general media has done a good job reporting the facts. If you feel overly concerned, then it may be due to the fact you've been "inadvertently" getting your pandemic news from the propagandists. They are attempting to subtly infuse politicism into the vaccination equation just as I predicted.

If you have severe allergies, and you'll already know it if you do, then you also should have a plan in place in case of an acute reaction. You would want to take your vaccine in close proximity to epinephrine and hang out for 10 mins. after the shot to make sure you don't have the following symptoms:
                • Skin reactions, including hives and itching and flushed or pale skin.
                • Low blood pressure (hypotension)
                • Constriction of your airways and a swollen tongue or throat, which can cause wheezing and trouble breathing.
                • A weak and rapid pulse.
                • Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
                • Dizziness or fainting.

A health care worker who experienced an allergic reaction after receiving a Moderna Covid-19 vaccine at Boston Medical Center on Christmas Eve tells CNN he has a history of allergies.

The rare severe allergic reactions that have been reported after people took the coronavirus vaccine could be tied to a chemical found in both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, according to the Food…

At this point my recommendation would be to avoid any and all Conservative news outlets for your pandemic-related information.

P.S. They're focusing in on polyethylene glycol as the potential culprit in these few cases of anaphylactic shock. It's found in other drugs which have also triggered the rare allergy emergency.
                Polyethylene glycol is fairly ubiquitous. Don’t know anything about it as far as an allergen, but allergies tend to pop up out of know where.
                Livin the dream

Comment

You call the populous of this nation, “powerless”. That is why you are authoritarian. You think some citizens are “lesser” and must therefore be protected. That is the root of all that is evil done in the name of compassion.
                  It appears you can't help yourself. Unfortunately I don't have time now to engage in an exposition on the fundamental nature of man and how ever-increasing governmental intervention is directly proportional to the reduction in average altruistic behavior. This artificial action is necessary for the maintenance of basic human rights and the orderly function of free markets. It's no different than how a pacemaker or implantable defibrillator acts as an aid to support a critical physiological process that has become comprised. Without intervention, homeostasis is in jeopardy.

That sounded fancy didn't it? A good discussion to have over a beer...

Comment

It appears you can't help yourself. Unfortunately I don't have time now to engage in an exposition on the fundamental nature of man and how ever-increasing governmental intervention is directly proportional to the reduction in average altruistic behavior. This artificial action is necessary for the maintenance of basic human rights and the orderly function of free markets. It's no different than how a pacemaker or implantable defibrillator acts as an aid to support a critical physiological process that has become comprised. Without intervention, homeostasis is in jeopardy.

That sounded fancy didn't it? A good discussion to have over a beer...
                    You have it backwards. The reduction in altruistic behavior is in response to government intervention. As you delve into this deeper, you will find that what most think of as altruism is actually either cronyism or societal virtue signaling.

Er all know you are an elitist authoritarian. There are certainly benefits to that style of government. Just lean into it.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

The reduction in altruistic behavior is in response to government intervention.
                      "Government intervention can cause a reduction in altruistic behavior."

I can agree with this ^^^ statement, but not your all-encompassing one.

I do not have the time to find the quote by an economist that aptly describes my view of Capitalism and freedom.

It goes something like this: The success or not of capitalism will be determined by the inherent virtue of the people.

Essentially it means that in order for capitalism to work, your average person has got to be better than a 2-bit swindler. Because in a capitalistic system, there is ample freedom to deceive. As the average person's capacity/appetite for dishonesty and deception increases, so does the necessity for growth in regulation to keep the game fair. I chose this perspective as the basis of my economical worldview because it aligns perfectly with logic and human behavior. This construct is demonstrated everywhere; from the EPA, to the SEC, and on down to your local city ordinances. As people choose to be less than good stewards of their freedom, more and more must be taken away from them otherwise the game will break and opportunity will be only in the hands of the few.

Now what I have just laid out has nothing to do with one person's ideology and effort to "make the world a better place", although it could originate from one individual. Any changes to the rules of the game must pass through incredible testing and debate before it ever becomes implemented. Our government was designed to be inefficient for this very purpose. Slow changes. This is also a reason why we fail in pandemics.

Comment

"Government intervention can cause a reduction in altruistic behavior."

I can agree with this ^^^ statement, but not your all-encompassing one.

I do not have the time to find the quote by an economist that aptly describes my view of Capitalism and freedom.

It goes something like this: The success or not of capitalism will be determined by the inherent virtue of the people.

Essentially it means that in order for capitalism to work, your average person has got to be better than a 2-bit swindler. Because in a capitalistic system, there is ample freedom to deceive. As the average person's capacity/appetite for dishonesty and deception increases, so does the necessity for growth in regulation to keep the game fair. I chose this perspective as the basis of my economical worldview because it aligns perfectly with logic and human behavior. This construct is demonstrated everywhere; from the EPA, to the SEC, and on down to your local city ordinances. As people choose to be less than good stewards of their freedom, more and more must be taken away from them otherwise the game will break and opportunity will be only in the hands of the few.

Now what I have just laid out has nothing to do with one person's ideology and effort to "make the world a better place", although it could originate from one individual. Any changes to the rules of the game must pass through incredible testing and debate before it ever becomes implemented. Our government was designed to be inefficient for this very purpose. Slow changes. This is also a reason why we fail in pandemics.
                        Well said. I don’t disagree with any of your premises, just your conclusions (as reasonable as they may be). With more freedom comes more risk. The evil will lurk in the shadows whether regulated or not, and since evil is out there, why put power in the hands of flawed men? They will use regulation to cheat and steal and do it all under the guise of love and legality.

At least with freedom it is apparent who are the swindlers.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Well said. I don’t disagree with any of your premises, just your conclusions (as reasonable as they may be). With more freedom comes more risk. The evil will lurk in the shadows whether regulated or not, and since evil is out there, why put power in the hands of flawed men? They will use regulation to cheat and steal and do it all under the guise of love and legality.

Comment

• Scheduled to get my first dose tomorrow.

But what are the expectations of it preventing the new ultra contagious mutation? Is it even worth it now?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• nm

Comment

Back to business...

We put power in the hands of flawed men in order to protect the interests of other flawed men. Hopefully those in power are the best and the brightest or the incentives for their positions are out of balance (don't get me started on gubament jobs).

I am arguing for the necessity of "some measure" of regulation. The swindlers only become apparent after they're caught or harm is done. When this becomes magnified you start to see societal imbalance/decay. You agree with stop signs correct? Well if so, it isn't a matter of whether or not you agree with government regulation, it's a matter of how much. And that, my friend, is the crux of the issue. And as long as it remains the crux among the populace and leadership, and people continue to vote rationally in order to protect their own personal interests, we will be fine.

P.S. We should be very wary of billionaires who aim to alter elections with their wealth, even when it serves our own interests. It's no different than a budding theocracy that just happens to align with your religious beliefs. You win for a while, but eventually you will lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X