Pfizer Covid Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pfizer Covid Vaccine

I put this in the political forum because there are people who have politicized it, and have refused to use it because Trump is the one who has spent money on it and used it to end the China Virus. If they doubt it, I say they're welcome to not use it.

So it sounds like this vaccine is almost complete. 90 percent successful is a high threshold.

My question to Wufan who works for Pfizer is
    1. Will the McPherson plant make this vaccine or at least some of it?
    2. What do you think about the 90 percent claim?
    3. Do you know what the side effects will be?
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthca...e-what-to-know

Can we also discuss the timing of the news release?

Kinda falls in line with all of those conspiracy theories that have been thrown around for months.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Surprised that they waited a full 7 days after the election. I believe most of the media said the President was lying when he said the vaccine was close and that it was patently unsafe to be discussing a useful vaccine, that we had to "follow the science".

Lo and behold, the President was right, and the media (most of it) and the left were wrong, and lied to the American people, in a BLATENT attempt to fear monger and interfere with the election and get their guy elected. All but celebratory dancing on the sets of CNN this morning regarding the vaccine. And while I applaud the efforts of (in this case) Pfizer and their employees for a job ****ing well done, it doesn't get done without the efforts and ideas of President Trump. Thank you Mr. President. This country, ALL of this country owes you a huge debt of gratitude.

And if your opinion of my above comment on election interference is too strong or hyperbole, well, you're simply wrong.

Could we also get clarification from wufan ….I believe Warp Speed was designed to have the doses ready essentially now, is that not the case? That the companies would go ahead and make the doses ahead of time and be paid (protected) by the government in the event that it turned out the vaccine was either ineffective or even harmful. Is that somewhat correct?

Comment

Imagine how different the reaction from MSM and dems if this was announced last Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Surprised that they waited a full 7 days after the election. I believe most of the media said the President was lying when he said the vaccine was close and that it was patently unsafe to be discussing a useful vaccine, that we had to "follow the science".

Lo and behold, the President was right, and the media (most of it) and the left were wrong, and lied to the American people, in a BLATENT attempt to fear monger and interfere with the election and get their guy elected. All but celebratory dancing on the sets of CNN this morning regarding the vaccine. And while I applaud the efforts of (in this case) Pfizer and their employees for a job ****ing well done, it doesn't get done without the efforts and ideas of President Trump. Thank you Mr. President. This country, ALL of this country owes you a huge debt of gratitude.

And if your opinion of my above comment on election interference is too strong or hyperbole, well, you're simply wrong.

Could we also get clarification from wufan ….I believe Warp Speed was designed to have the doses ready essentially now, is that not the case? That the companies would go ahead and make the doses ahead of time and be paid (protected) by the government in the event that it turned out the vaccine was either ineffective or even harmful. Is that somewhat correct?
          Thank you President Trump for your role in getting to this point with the development of the vaccine.

People didn’t ding Trump because he didn’t try hard enough to get a vaccine. It was obvious he wanted one quickly (as we all do) and seemed to hang all of his hopes on it being ready before the election. Surely you aren’t blaming “tHe mEdIA” that the vaccine wasn’t ready by the election? I mean the article posted is from Fox News. They’re in on the ridiculous conspiracy too?

And while this is incredibly exciting news and we should all be excited, it’s not going to be widely available until next year according to the article. We’ve heard plenty of positive news stories regarding vaccines, very similar to this one, over the past 6 months and yet a vaccine is still not available.

Comment

I guess Fox News was sitting on this until the election was over because ???. Has nothing to do with, I don’t know, the timeline of Pfizer’s vaccine study.

Again, great news and I would trade a Biden win for a vaccine to end this crap 100/100. Lucky for me, we get both.

Comment

FOX News isn’t what it once was. Their is a reason Newsmax and OANN amongst others are starting to steal some of their viewership.
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Thank you President Trump for your role in getting to this point with the development of the vaccine.

People didn’t ding Trump because he didn’t try hard enough to get a vaccine. It was obvious he wanted one quickly (as we all do) and seemed to hang all of his hopes on it being ready before the election. Surely you aren’t blaming “tHe mEdIA” that the vaccine wasn’t ready by the election? I mean the article posted is from Fox News. They’re in on the ridiculous conspiracy too?

And while this is incredibly exciting news and we should all be excited, it’s not going to be widely available until next year according to the article. We’ve heard plenty of positive news stories regarding vaccines, very similar to this one, over the past 6 months and yet a vaccine is still not available.
                C'mon... a good conspiracy is good for the soul every once in a while! My recent favs have been the one about a Russian dossier, and then that thing that might have happened amongst drunk college students 35 years ago.

I get the giggles when someone from the left uses "conspiracy" as a pejorative towards those on the right. Like the past four years of CNN, MSNBC, and twitterverse never happened.

I do wonder if piehole will blame $4/gal gas in a couple of years on "big oil", instead of nanny state restrictions on domestic energy production? Would that in itself qualify as a conspiracy?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

C'mon... a good conspiracy is good for the soul every once in a while! My recent favs have been the one about a Russian dossier, and then that thing that might have happened amongst drunk college students 35 years ago.
                  That’s the response you’re going to roll with?

I get the giggles when someone from the left uses "conspiracy" as a pejorative towards those on the right. Like the past four years of CNN, MSNBC, and twitterverse never happened.
                  Ok, so what would you call the idea put forth by a few people on this board that Pfizer and Fox News got together and decided to withhold this new vaccine news until after the election?

I do wonder if piehole will blame $4/gal gas in a couple of years on "big oil", instead of nanny state restrictions on domestic energy production? Would that in itself qualify as a conspiracy?
                  I do wonder what this has to do with what we are talking about.

Comment

I guess Fox News was sitting on this until the election was over because ???. Has nothing to do with, I don’t know, the timeline of Pfizer’s vaccine study.

Again, great news and I would trade a Biden win for a vaccine to end this crap 100/100. Lucky for me, we get both.
                    Haven't you heard? Ever since calling Arizona for Biden early (which is trending towards being correct), Fox News is now one of the most liberal networks out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      FOX News isn’t what it once was. Their is a reason Newsmax and OANN amongst others are starting to steal some of their viewership.
                      So did Newsmax and OANN report this story weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I put this in the political forum because there are people who have politicized it, and have refused to use it because Trump is the one who has spent money on it and used it to end the China Virus. If they doubt it, I say they're welcome to not use it.

So it sounds like this vaccine is almost complete. 90 percent successful is a high threshold.

My question to Wufan who works for Pfizer is
                        1. Will the McPherson plant make this vaccine or at least some of it?
                        2. What do you think about the 90 percent claim?
                        3. Do you know what the side effects will be?
                        https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthca...e-what-to-know
                        Sorry to break this to some of the people on here, but Pfizer did not take any money from "Operation Warp Speed", so anything posted here that states Trump is responsible for this is repeating fake news.

But count me very happy that the vaccine is getting close to being available. We will soon see if the potential supply chain issues I called out occur.

Comment

A very reasonable post. Thank you.

Everybody else goes right for the 3 standard deviation outlier conspiracy theory.

We really don't have a chance for peace in this country do we?

Can we as Republicans be the grownups in the room and forgive the Dems for the Russia investigation? Can we admit to ourselves that Trump kinda brings the negative attention on himself most of the time? Can we extend an olive branch and listen to the other side without screaming in their faces? Can we at least compromise?

We've got to do something about talk radio. We've got to do something about political opinion television news channels. We need to send all the Americans who binge on Fox News and MSNBC/CNN into a propaganda rehab of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Trump lost because of his mouth and how he handled Covid.

America was never projected to have full vaccine distribution until several months into 2021 at the earliest. And even then there's a lag until everybody (who takes the shot - and that won't be everybody) has an immune response.

The best estimates are life returning somewhat to normal by summer 2021. I believe this is the most accurate estimate to date. Fauci has said the end of 2021, but I think we start to turn the corner a little earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

We've got to do something about talk radio. We've got to do something about political opinion television news channels. We need to send all the Americans who binge on Fox News and MSNBC/CNN into a propaganda rehab of sorts.
                              TV/radio might be the worst possible way to consume news, in my opinion. I watched TV news for the first time in years this week while following the election and it was awful (save for John King who I think is a national treasure). Talking head based shows, whether on TV or radio, regardless of political leaning are poisonous.

Print media is superior, in my opinion, because it’s much more measured across all outlets, it’s easier to spot opinion vs reporting and it allows the reader to fact check things that don’t pass the smell test.

Comment

Working...
                              X