2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

FIFY. If you are going to post things, please post facts......

I'm center left. AOC doesn't speak for me. She might speak for the polar opposite of Trump's America (bananna-republic wannabe's heavily populate both camps). I also think Nancy Pelosi ought to do all of us a favor and step aside. From what I saw where I live, the republicans pretty successfully tied the democratic candidates in my area to her, and all who were not incumbents lost. We need someone a little more moderate. Someone a little younger. I like the way she has run the house the last couple of years in the face of Trump, but she is a polarizing figure. She should do what Hillary did before someone has to lead her out of the office by the hand.

I'd like to see Biden bring this country together. Getting Pelosi to step aside as speaker might be a step in the right direction.
    Why are you changing headlines and then claiming to have “fixed it” for someone?
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Who had claimed “sole ownership of this country”? You seem to be referring to me. Go ahead and offer proof that I think I OWN this country to the exclusion of other Americans.
      You said, “Trump 2024. Take back America.” Sure sounds like you’re implying that America now somehow belongs to an undeserving other or and needs to be taken back by its rightful owner. The people who elected Biden and Biden himself have just as much claim to this country as you and Donald Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You said, “Trump 2024. Take back America.” Sure sounds like you’re implying that America now somehow belongs to an undeserving other or and needs to be taken back by its rightful owner. The people who elected Biden and Biden himself have just as much claim to this country as you and Donald Trump.
        That was a joke and a joke slogan. If you made up some wild back story about my intentions, then shame on you. Move along you authoritarian lefty.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Weird.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Weird.
            I agree it was pretty weird thing of him to say. We are all Americans after all despite our differences. Glad he was able to clear it up that it was just a joke.

Comment

Really hoping anyone wanting Trump to run in 2024 is just joking. I'm with Coldblooded that the candidate has to be a minority candidate to have a chance. Several potential options posted already. It's disappointing John James didn't win in Michigan.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                Really hoping anyone wanting Trump to run in 2024 is just joking. I'm with Coldblooded that the candidate has to be a minority candidate to have a chance. Several potential options posted already. It's disappointing John James didn't win in Michigan.
                Why must a candidate be of a certain race or sex? Doesn’t anyone care about merit?
                Livin the dream

Comment

Why must a candidate be of a certain race or sex? Doesn’t anyone care about merit?
                  It's about expanding the base and bettering chances of winning an election. Fortunately there are some superb candidates that on their own merits have the potential to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

It's about expanding the base and bettering chances of winning an election. Fortunately there are some superb candidates that on their own merits have the potential to do this.
                    Absolutely there are. So why make it a prerequisite?

Edit: why don’t people think that a black man can resonate with a white man or vice versa? Same with male/female/trans/straight/gay? This idea that someone has to “look” like you to be looked up to is hogwash.
                    Last edited by wufan; November 8, 2020, 11:52 AM.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Absolutely there are. So why make it a prerequisite?

Edit: why don’t people think that a black man can resonate with a white man or vice versa? Same with male/female/trans/straight/gay? This idea that someone has to “look” like you to be looked up to is hogwash.
                      Where did I say it was a prerequisite? I just look at it as a plus in expanding the base. The reality is there are middle of the road voters who do look for checkboxes. Sorry while I agree with a lot of Pence's policies, he's not going to reach moderate voters. You can back him if you like but don't ***** when he loses. An old white establishment candidate is a losing proposition (at least for the Republicans). I like picking a candidate who is most likely to win.
                      Last edited by BostonWu; November 8, 2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Where did I say it was a prerequisite? I just look at it as a plus in expanding the base. The reality is there are middle of the road voters who do look for checkboxes. Sorry while I agree with a lot of Pence's policies, he's not going to reach moderate voters. You can back him if you like but don't ***** when he loses. An old white establishment candidate is a losing proposition (at least for the Republicans). I like picking a candidate who is most likely to win.
                        You didn’t say that. TaTown did.

I don’t give a flying **** what race a candidate happens to be, and quite honestly, if a party feels that a specific race or sex is needed to “win”, I’m not interested in voting for that party.

One more thing: if the republicans picked a black man to run for president in 2024, the leftists would just call him an Uncle Tom or worse. It’s not about race to those racists; it’s about a dogmatic ideology of othering.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

You didn’t say that. TaTown did.

I don’t give a flying **** what race a candidate happens to be, and quite honestly, if a party feels that a specific race or sex is needed to “win”, I’m not interested in voting for that party.

One more thing: if the republicans picked a black man to run for president in 2024, the leftists would just call him an Uncle Tom or worse. It’s not about race to those racists; it’s about a dogmatic ideology of othering.
                          I agree in theory with your first paragraph. However, times are changing and CB recognizes it as well. It's not a hard prequisite in my mind, just what will be needed to compete. Many top companies are now putting quotas on minorities in leadership similar to the way they are putting forth goals regarding climate change. Regardless of whether you and I agree with it, it's the direction of the future.

As far as your second paragraph, I'm so tired of the response to every argument put forth on this board being it doesn't matter bc the MSM or extremists will reject it.
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

I agree in theory with your first paragraph. However, times are changing and CB recognizes it as well. It's not a hard prequisite in my mind, just what will be needed to compete. Many top companies are now putting quotas on minorities in leadership similar to the way they are putting forth goals regarding climate change. Regardless of whether you and I agree with it, it's the direction of the future.

As far as your second paragraph, I'm so tired of the response to every argument put forth on this board being it doesn't matter bc the MSM or extremists will reject it.
                            It is the direction of the future, and it needs to be fought back against...HARD! It leads to an authoritarian dystopia.

As to your being sick of that. I’m sick of it too, but it doesn’t make it any less true. There are numerous authors posting that the black people that voted conservative aren’t really black, and that Cubans, like Asians, are more white than minority. These are real intellectual ideas that are being brought in by elected Democrats.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Merit always matters - first and foremost. But the reality is, that the white population in this world is not sufficiently replicating itself and they are a shrinking demographic. That fact, and the fact that the liberals make race a defining issue means, we must respond. We respond because we need to be an inclusive party, and we respond because mirroring the Dims diversity effectively removes their advantage and brings the discussion back to fundamental ideals and principles and away from shallow identify politics.

So we neutralize their efforts by playing their game. We move our pawn to meet their pawn. I'm fine with them calling our black candidates Uncle Tom's. We'll see how far that gets them.

It's the exact same strategy Trump should have followed with the pandemic. Had he been consistent and serious from day one, he would have removed it as a weapon to be used against him later. But he made too many ridiculous remarks on masks, Fauci, etc. to survive the fallout. He forged the very sword that was used to execute him.

Comment

I want a candidate to be white and male. Gee I hope that's ok

Comment

Working...
                                X