2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

I suppose he should have picked his VP based on merit only just like every other president since the start of our great nation. Surely you don't believe we've never had a female with a higher merit ranking than any former VP.

I watched the speech last night and it was touching to see all of the females crying tears of joy seeing a female VP. Not to mention I have a strong willed wife and daughter who I feel saw it as a very powerful positive moment for our nation.
    I surely do not! In fact, I’m positive that there were many women much more deserving of POTUS and VP then many that have served.

I am neither proud nor ashamed should someone that looks like me wins election. I am very happy that your wife and daughter saw a VP for which they share an ideological commonality! Surely they would not have such a powerful reaction if all they shared were ovaries.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I surely do not! In fact, I’m positive that there were many women much more deserving of POTUS and VP then many that have served.

I am neither proud nor ashamed should someone that looks like me wins election. I am very happy that your wife and daughter saw a VP for which they share an ideological commonality! Surely they would not have such a powerful reaction if all they shared were ovaries.
      I’m not sure if you don’t understand or are just unwilling to acknowledge that humans experience life differently based on things like their skin color, gender, etc. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’m not sure if you don’t understand or are just unwilling to acknowledge that humans experience life differently based on things like their skin color, gender, etc. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes and all that.
        Thats ideological oppression you’re spewing. You could never understand me because you’re not me.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Thats ideological oppression you’re spewing. You could never understand me because you’re not me.
          Just unwilling. Got it.

Comment

Just unwilling. Got it.
            I’m just not racist, that’s all.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Do you think white males get prejudiced in this country nowadays? Or again, is that just not possible?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do you think white males get prejudiced in this country nowadays? Or again, is that just not possible?
                They benefit from the oppression of others. Complicit as well.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I want to see a black, female presidential nominee say that she would probably look to add a white male to the ticket, in order to appeal to white males.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    I want to see a black, female presidential nominee say that she would probably look to add a white male to the ticket, in order to appeal to white males.
                    No thank you.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do I think that white males are sometimes unfairly and generically demonized by many people in online discourse? Yeah, I think there is some truth to that.

As a white male do I ever feel I’ve “gotten prejudiced” in my life? Not really. I consider myself pretty lucky to have been born the way that I am in the country that I am.

Is it possible? Sure, it’s possible.

I don’t understand why Joe Biden wanting to nominate a female minority is such an affront to white males in America. It’s not like we haven’t had our opportunities and won’t continue to in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        I don’t understand why Joe Biden wanting to nominate a female minority is such an affront to white males in America. It’s not like we haven’t had our opportunities and won’t continue to in the future.
                        It’s not an affront to white males. It’s an affront to meritocracy and is sexist to rule out half the population prior to vetting.

Why would you identify with white males that accomplished things that you never did? You didn’t do those things.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• I don’t understand why some women think Harris potentially being VP is a great thing. Sends the message that, if you are willing to further your career by being Willie Brown’s side piece, you can go far!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m just not racist, that’s all.
                            I'd say racist and too much kool-aid. Step back from the ledge. It will be OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              I don’t understand why some women think Harris potentially being VP is a great thing. Sends the message that, if you are willing to further your career by being Willie Brown’s side piece, you can go far!
                              I don't understand why seemingly normal, well-educated people buy into all the conspiracy theories of Q-Anon. If having Harris as a VP is bothering you that much, just tune it out. That's what I do to all the Q-Anon folks. If they have become mentally defective, that's their business, but I don't have to listen to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Glad we can agree on this point at least.

Since these women were somehow bypassed time after time, I don't have a problem with Joe making it a point to appoint a female as his VP this time around.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X