Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I want a candidate to be white and male. Gee I hope that's ok
    It’s not okay. We don’t select people based on hair color or eye color or skin color. Those are all non-factor.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s not okay. We don’t select people based on hair color or eye color or skin color. Those are all non-factor.
      Maybe to you they are a non-factor. Others may wish to see more minorities and females in positions of power.

Obviously they should be qualified. I don’t get the impression anyone wants to elect or hire unqualified people. But there are plenty, plenty, of qualified people of all different shapes, sizes and colors.

Plus, once it happens the first time then it’s not as big of a deal going forward. It’s normalized.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Maybe to you they are a non-factor. Others may wish to see more minorities and females in positions of power.
        Correct I’m not a racist and I don’t like racist ideologies that privileged positions of power based intersectional oppression. I find the entire concept to be an authoritarian dystopia.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Correct I’m not a racist and I don’t like racist ideologies that privileged positions of power based intersectional oppression. I find the entire concept to be an authoritarian dystopia.
          If the people wish to see more women and minorities in positions of power they will speak with their vote. I think we see that happening all around the country. It’s not a bad thing.

There have been plenty of qualified people in those groups throughout history who never got a chance because of factors outside their control. It’s good that we are moving further away from that as time passes.

Comment

If the people wish to see more women and minorities in positions of power they will speak with their vote. I think we see that happening all around the country. It’s not a bad thing.

There have been plenty of qualified people in those groups throughout history who never got a chance because of factors outside their control. It’s good that we are moving further away from that as time passes.
            It's a bad thing when a candidate says that he will only accept a running mate of a particular sex and/or a particular skin tone.

Comment

It is a horrific thing. It is appalling that sexists and racists are still alive and well in this country. It is not illegal, it is not something for which they should lose their job or go to prison. It is just the most evil ideology I can imagine.
              Livin the dream

Comment

It's a bad thing when a candidate says that he will only accept a running mate of a particular sex and/or a particular skin tone.
                He said he would prefer a running mate who was a minority or woman. There is a difference.

And again, assuming the person’s qualifications were also considered which in this case I believe they were. Why is it bad to choose a minority and/or woman? Plenty of women and minorities helped get Joe Biden elected president. Does it not make sense that someone who shares many of their unique life experiences represent them?

Comment

“The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination.”
                  Livin the dream

Comment

NM
                    Livin the dream

Comment

He said he would prefer a running mate who was a minority or woman. There is a difference.

And again, assuming the person’s qualifications were also considered which in this case I believe they were. Why is it bad to choose a minority and/or woman? Plenty of women and minorities helped get Joe Biden elected president. Does it not make sense that someone who shares many of their unique life experiences represent them?
                      that's not what he said, it's just not

Comment

According to this article Biden committed to a woman back in May.

What do you think Pie? Is it fake news or are you gaslighting again?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I’ll admit I’ve not heard every word Joe Biden has ever spoke. But I looked and all I could find him quoted as saying was that it was his preference.

You may be right.

Comment

According to this article Biden committed to a woman back in May.

What do you think Pie? Is it fake news or are you gaslighting again?
                            I stand corrected.

In the first one-on-one Democratic primary debate Sunday, former Vice President Joe Biden vowed to pick a woman Vice President.

That being said I have zero problem with him making this commitment and am glad he followed through on it.

Comment

I stand corrected.

In the first one-on-one Democratic primary debate Sunday, former Vice President Joe Biden vowed to pick a woman Vice President.

That being said I have zero problem with him making this commitment and am glad he followed through on it.
                              Thank goodness he pandered to the woke progressives! They were leaning Trump before that bold move.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Thank goodness he pandered to the woke progressives! They were leaning Trump before that bold move.
                                I suppose he should have picked his VP based on merit only just like every other president since the start of our great nation. Surely you don't believe we've never had a female with a higher merit ranking than any former VP.

I watched the speech last night and it was touching to see all of the females crying tears of joy seeing a female VP. Not to mention I have a strong willed wife and daughter who I feel saw it as a very powerful positive moment for our nation.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X