Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    You can't vote Trump.

So who's the next up and coming "Non-Left" star?

Do we have a mid-to-late-40's hot female Hispanic/Black politician/businessperson someplace? I also emphasize "non-left" because I don't think we're going to ever elect another out-spoken religious person like a Pence or Cruz. This country has just gotten too moderate.

If we want to have a chance we must avoid white males unless they are celebrities like an Arnold Schwarzenegger (who can't run).

We need a free-marketer who believes in the individual, but has compassion and doesn't traffic in irrational thinking. Our candidate must be able to draw from across party lines similar to Trump.
    Gawd, I hope so. Based on Cruz's backing of Trump's groundless claims (i.e. unprovable, he's only gained a couple of small victories and was thrown out of most of the courts he was in) and since he is in Texas, he better start looking back over his shoulder. A bigger, better Beto may come along in 4 years and then he will be out of a job.

The way our metro areas are moving, and since Cruz is not a real likeable politician anyway, I'd be very concerned if I were him. Every election in the last 6 or so years, every metro area in Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio have been trending blue. The only holdout in the group was Ft. Worth, who finally crossed over in this election, but the trend has been blue in DFW in general for the last 6 years.

Here's another note.....straight-ticket voting was all hunky-dory as long as the Republicans controlled Harris County and Dallas County. Until 2 years ago (4 in the case of Dallas), when they lost EVERY elected office in the county. The Republican legislature made straight-ticket voting illegal in the last session (they meet bi-annually).

I guess the lesson here is that rules are rules until you lose, then you change them. Is this what the party is doing on a national basis now?

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Gawd, I hope so. Based on Cruz's backing of Trump's groundless claims (i.e. unprovable, he's only gained a couple of small victories and was thrown out of most of the courts he was in) and since he is in Texas, he better start looking back over his shoulder. A bigger, better Beto may come along in 4 years and then he will be out of a job.

The way our metro areas are moving, and since Cruz is not a real likeable politician anyway, I'd be very concerned if I were him. Every election in the last 6 or so years, every metro area in Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio have been trending blue. The only holdout in the group was Ft. Worth, who finally crossed over in this election, but the trend has been blue in DFW in general for the last 6 years.

Here's another note.....straight-ticket voting was all hunky-dory as long as the Republicans controlled Harris County and Dallas County. Until 2 years ago (4 in the case of Dallas), when they lost EVERY elected office in the county. The Republican legislature made straight-ticket voting illegal in the last session (they meet bi-annually).

I guess the lesson here is that rules are rules until you lose, then you change them. Is this what the party is doing on a national basis now?
      Wow. Now you're talking to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Wow. Now you're talking to yourself.
        I don't think Cruz is your senator, so I don't really care.

Comment

BETO?! Talk about empty suit.
          The Assman

Comment

Nikki Haley POTUS, Tim Scott VP.

I think people like Dana Loesch and Candace Owens - while I like some of what they have to say - have already put too many harsh, polarizing comments out there. The Trump experiment is over. I do think they could win a House seat in the right districts.

Comment

So if Biden and Harris won the 2020 election and Biden stepped down after taking office, as the post hypothesizes, Harris would become president and then nominate a new vice president. And Congress would have the final say on confirming that nominee.

Comment

Trump 2024! Take back America.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Trump 2024! Take back America.
                  Yeah! Because America only belongs to you and those you support!

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sounds like the ”progessive” libs to me.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Biden's America: Leftists Compile Massive Enemies List

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Nikki Haley POTUS, Tim Scott VP.
                        Either one would be fine, but not together, same geography

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Sounds like the ”progessive” libs to me.
                          C'mon. Pie is "woke". He knows what's best better than others. Give him a break.

Comment

Would you rather go with your ideal right-wing talk radio host / NRA spokesperson or try and reach out to independent/moderate voters? Some of these names are ridiculous. Not sure if my meter needs calibration.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                              Would you rather go with your ideal right-wing talk radio host / NRA spokesperson or try and reach out to independent/moderate voters? Some of these names are ridiculous. Not sure if my meter needs calibration.
                              Which ones are ridiculous? Which ones do you like?

Comment

I imagine Nicki Haley is the frontrunner at this point

Comment

Working...
                                X