Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note about the vaccine from my perspective:

The Maderna and Pfizer vaccines are mRNA vaccines. The mRNA turns on the bodies immune system by telling it to create antibodies against the coronavirus without ever having to be infected. This is different from traditional vaccines where a harmless variant is injected into your body and the body attacks it, thereby creating the necessary antibodies to fight the actual virus.

When I was studying biochemistry 20+ years ago, this was hypothesized as a potential to revolutionize medicine. We were just finishing the coding of human DNA, and it was believed that if we could crack that code, we could do numerous “magical” things. Once we got that tech down, the new problem was that there was no way to get the mRNA into the cells where it could interact with the chromosomes. In 2007, along comes the idea of lipid nano-particles.

These LNPs coat the mRNA and allow for stable and safe passage into the cell nucleus where it can do its thing. This was literally science fiction ala Jurassic Park just two decades ago.

Pfizer and Moderna built the tech to mass produce the LNPs so the meds could be manufactured. Now that this is done, we have a penicillin-like revolution on our hands. mRNA tech is going to start curing some forms of cancer before 2030. Absolutely remarkable!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Is the median age of fatality from the China Virus here in America still 85 yrs?
      No, it's about 75.

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Is it true that less than 1000 people from the ages of 24 down have passed due to the virus?
      Yes.

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Jeez, what next, Liz Cheney never had an axe to grind?
      Who's Liz Cheney?
      Last edited by Kung Wu; May 14, 2021, 10:57 AM.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        A note about the vaccine from my perspective:

The Maderna and Pfizer vaccines are mRNA vaccines. The mRNA turns on the bodies immune system by telling it to create antibodies against the coronavirus without ever having to be infected. This is different from traditional vaccines where a harmless variant is injected into your body and the body attacks it, thereby creating the necessary antibodies to fight the actual virus.

When I was studying biochemistry 20+ years ago, this was hypothesized as a potential to revolutionize medicine. We were just finishing the coding of human DNA, and it was believed that if we could crack that code, we could do numerous “magical” things. Once we got that tech down, the new problem was that there was no way to get the mRNA into the cells where it could interact with the chromosomes. In 2007, along comes the idea of lipid nano-particles.

These LNPs coat the mRNA and allow for stable and safe passage into the cell nucleus where it can do its thing. This was literally science fiction ala Jurassic Park just two decades ago.

Pfizer and Moderna built the tech to mass produce the LNPs so the meds could be manufactured. Now that this is done, we have a penicillin-like revolution on our hands. mRNA tech is going to start curing some forms of cancer before 2030. Absolutely remarkable!
        Israel claims to have cured cancer already, as well as dementia, and has had some success at turning back brain damage, all using mRNA tech.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Israel claims to have cured cancer already, as well as dementia, and has had some success at turning back brain damage, all using mRNA tech.
          There ya go!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Everybody can choose what they want to do but at this point, it’s a no brainer to just get the thing. You really don’t wanna get the real deal. I’ve heard that from several people recently. They wish they had gotten the shot only after they were stuck up in the hospital for 8 days.
            I know several people also who chose not to get the vaccine, they are in the upper 60's and they just got Covid. Two out of the 3 went to the hospital. It doesn't make sense why they didn't get the vaccine, and it hard to feel sorry for them. Ultimately if you choose to get it or not, you have to be prepared to live with whatever your choice is.

I took an antibody test from my place of employment as they were conducting a study to see if the spike protein was still present in large numbers several months later. I still had it after 4 months. Same with people after 5 months. It’s doing exactly what it was designed to do. If you’re on the fence, just get it. You aren’t gonna change your DNA with the shot.
            I know a person who is getting tested every month for the antibodies to see how long they last. So far they have tested positive for 6 months, going on 7.

Comment

• Speaking of mRNA, this is a great article for anyone interested in the history of it - The story of mRNA: How a once-dismissed idea became a leading technology in the Covid vaccine race - https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/...-vaccine-race/

I ran across it awhile back while doing due diligence on the stocks of the main players - BioNTech and Moderna - but have shared it recently with a lot of people who are hesitant to get the covid vaccine shots because they think mRNA is a brand new thing, which the article shows it's not. The millions and billions the companies are receiving from vaccine orders should help fund other things in their pipelines. The BioNTech and Moderna stocks have worked out well, as has CureVac. another mRNA company mentioned. Their stocks took a hit when Biden talked about covid vaccines not having patent protection, but it was a good buying opportunity and they bounced back after Congress said they wouldn't back such a thing. Another company mentioned in the article, Translate BIo, is still in the teens price wise and it'll be interesting to see what happens with it. Their vaccine isn't on the market yet, but they've been working on something for cystic fibrosis, although they haven't had success in their clinical trials, so that's hurt their stock price. Hopefully all four companies and other mRNA ones can use everything they're learning lately to cure a lot of things in the future.
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• The Babylon Bee @TheBabylonBee
                White House Reminds Nation That Permission Slips To Eat A Hot Dog On The 4th Of July Are Due By Friday

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Everybody can choose what they want to do but at this point, it’s a no brainer to just get the thing. YoU ReAllY DoN’t WaNNa GeT ThE ReaL DeaL. I’ve heard that from several people recently. They wish they had gotten the shot only after they were stuck up in the hospital for 8 days.

Awakenings! LMAO! How utterly childlike.

Exhibit A) why a civilization will always need strong and competent leadership. The vast majority of the populace require guidance and rules to literally save them from themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    That said, everyone should weigh their options and make a choice. The vaccine is safe and effective.
                    Just drop the feigned MuH LiBeRtY act already lol.

If you don't get the vaccine at this point, considering all we know about its safety and efficacy, you are borderline criminal. We require children to get vaccinated before enrolling in school, we should do exactly the same to adults who want to play retard. Get your Covid vaccination card or expect consequences for your ignorant/selfish/malicious behavior.

Biden is stopping short of pushing for regulations, but I hope he gets the American business community at-large to create their own network of restrictions for dumb humans. Keep them separate from the rest of us who live in reality.

Comment

• No, you aren’t anywhere NEAR criminal. In fact, if you advocate making laws to punish those that don’t, you are infinitely closer to being criminal than those that choose not to get it.

That’s an insanely poor take my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Exhibit A) why a civilization will always need strong and competent leadership. The vast majority of the populace require guidance and rules to literally save them from themselves.
                        Showing your true colors; not that we didn't know that already anway, but... Get lost with that played out anti-capitalist BS...

2024 cold...

Shockernet.jpg

Comment

Just drop the feigned MuH LiBeRtY act already lol.

If you don't get the vaccine at this point, considering all we know about its safety and efficacy, you are borderline criminal. We require children to get vaccinated before enrolling in school, we should do exactly the same to adults who want to play retard. Get your Covid vaccination card or expect consequences for your ignorant/selfish/malicious behavior.

Biden is stopping short of pushing for regulations, but I hope he gets the American business community at-large to create their own network of restrictions for dumb humans. Keep them separate from the rest of us who live in reality.
                          Lol.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Awakenings! LMAO! How utterly childlike.

Please show me a post of mine where I said "the virus isn't real".

I'll wait.

Is it a fear mongering world eradicator that is worth spending hours a day worrying about? Nope.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              No, you aren’t anywhere NEAR criminal. In fact, if you advocate making laws to punish those that don’t, you are infinitely closer to being criminal than those that choose not to get it.

That’s an insanely poor take my friend.
                              K. Give your local school principal the next time they ask for your child's immunization card and let me know what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Showing your true colors; not that we didn't know that already anway, but... Get lost with that played out anti-capitalist BS...

2024 cold...

Shockernet.jpg
                                Anti-capitalist.

You don't know the first thing about how a free market works. It starts with rights. Some may also call them rules. If you want to live in the jungle, move to Africa.

Comment

Working...
                                X