Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You should open your eyes to the lies.

Fewer than 150 morons "stormed" the Capitol. Thousands outside protested peacefully. THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTEST I MIGHT ADD. 1 of these morons was killed. The damage to property is in the tens of thousands. They literally used the security areas and ropes to move about the Capitol. The entire "siege" lasted less than 6 hours. Hell, there was barely enough elapsed time in the entire "riot" to assemble a police response. Did the police kill even ONE SINGLE BLM rioter? Serious question. Within the first hour there was one dead at this incident.

100% condemn the actions of all involved. 150% even. Unacceptable. Embarrassing. Should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, every last one of them.

Comparing the 2 however is moronic. One was a blip, the other were planned, organized, destructive nationwide riots. There were literally thousands if not tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of criminals that were allowed to roam free and never were arrested much less prosecuted for stealing and destroying private property to the tune of BILLIONS nationwide, almost all privately, but some public damage as well.

Not surprisingly, AGAIN, the media, and the people that swallow their lies, are pushing their agenda and not the whole truth. To even hint there is a racial component to this would be comical if it weren't so sad.
    Your take is slightly biased I believe. The majority of the BLM protests were peaceful as well. Also, the siege on the capitol was based on the lie that the election was stolen; the BLM movement was based on a black dude that had his neck kneeled on.

I would be the first person to have taken a flame-thrower to the kids down in Portland, but you need to be fair about the majority of the protesters if you want to be "living in the light of truth and reality" like CB.

Comment

• The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project analyzed more than 7,750 BLM demonstrations in all 50 states and D.C.

The vast majority of Black Lives Matter protests—more than 93%—have been peaceful, according to a new report published Thursday by a nonprofit that researches political violence and protests across the world.

The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) analyzed more than 7,750 Black Lives Matter demonstrations in all 50 states and Washington D.C. that took place in the wake of George Floyd’s death between May 26 and August 22.

Their report states that more than 2,400 locations reported peaceful protests, while fewer than 220 reported “violent demonstrations.” The authors define violent demonstrations as including “acts targeting other individuals, property, businesses, other rioting groups or armed actors.” Their definition includes anything from “fighting back against police” to vandalism, property destruction looting, road-blocking using barricades, burning tires or other materials. In cities where protests did turn violent—these demonstrations are “largely confined to specific blocks,” the report says.
      Don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

• Hiden Joe...the un-uniter...

Comment

• I will say the company I work for found a boost in activity during the summer riots, which took place at a time when business was down due to governmental excesses. The boarding up, cleaning up and repairing of businesses all across the country may have helped bring employees back to full time. Things were looking pretty bleak for a while.

I don't think the DC incident is going to have the same positive impact for us though.

When it comes down to it, if you're justifying one over the other (BLM/Trumpers), you're wrong. I don't care what side you're on, you're wrong. People should absolutely protest the things government does and doesn't do and the continued infringements and uses of force against the people. However, that doesn't, or shouldn't, include destroying businesses that have nothing to do with anything.

The media is every bit as guilty in everything going on in this country as Trump, Biden, McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, whoever is. I tried watching some DC news when I first heard about it and couldn't find a station that would just report what was going on without them shaping everything to fit their narrative. They were insanely hostile and disgusting. Even the ones that tried to sound less attacking were horrible and I had to turn it off. Media doesn't report the news anymore. They shape it.

There are a few decent news people left, but for the most part, they're every bit as complicit in the divide and violence as anyone else that they blame or protect.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Your take is slightly biased I believe. The majority of the BLM protests were peaceful as well. Also, the siege on the capitol was based on the lie that the election was stolen; the BLM movement was based on a black dude that had his neck kneeled on.

I would be the first person to have taken a flame-thrower to the kids down in Portland, but you need to be fair about the majority of the protesters if you want to be "living in the light of truth and reality" like CB.
            Everything we do comes with bias. Of course I'm biased. You're biased. George Floyd's family is biased. You're not splitting the atom with that theory.

I didn't say the majority of BLM protests were not peaceful. I'm addressing the media BIAS which is a far greater concern than mine. Whom do you think has a bigger influence on bias among the citizens of this great country, in 2020? President Trump or the media? I think it's the media, and I think it's not that close. So who is right? Who can manipulate the masses?

Here's my point I guess. Much like Lindsay Graham. I disagree with many of the courts rulings. I think a minimal number of people, in limited areas, changed laws to further their political desires under the guise of elections? Do I think there was fraud? If by that I mean ballots were turned in that were NOT filled out by the person on the ballot then yes. Enough to change the outcome? I don't know, nobody knows. Probably not, but nobody knows because many of these states didn't have things in place to properly and securely handle that type of election.

And I know everyone has a right to vote. That also means everyone has a right to not vote. And I believe that is an important distinction. I know my life experiences have allowed me to deal with more average Americans than you'll likely ever dream of doing, and even more so when it comes to the bottom tier of society. We should have a way for people to vote without showing up at the polls. But we should not be trying to engage everyone. That's their freedom, one way or the other. That's my belief. Yours may differ and that's fine too. We should decide these things as a people and not allow a few politicians to decide things for us at the last minute and allow all hell to break loose.

Prosperity requires action. It doesn't seem too much to ask to require a smidge of action to be engaged in the voting process.

Sadly, this is exactly how this country is deciding elections now, and NOT on the merits of the candidates. Really sad.

And if my viewpoint allows me to conclude that the election was in fact "stolen" (and I would use a different word) then that's where I am. But I believe in the law and will always obey that law, but fight for what I believe my rights are as well. I absolutely do NOT think or want to see another election like the one we just had.

If laws were not changed by politicians, I don't believe we would ever see a President Biden. I might be wrong and we'll never know.

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/6570528002/

'Double standard': Biden, Black lawmakers and activists decry police response to attack on US Capitol

Whelp! Not the best unifying first step... but I am going to give Uncle Joe the benefit of the doubt for a while. He's a Democrat which means he has to put the spotlight on social injustice at least half of the time. And maybe he's right. I haven't analyzed the police response closely between the two situations. I have read several reports that the capitol police were particularly lenient. I'm not going to start cleaning the rifles over a little virtue-signaling. It's a fact that the majority of blacks in America felt like Trump was not their president. Some of that was programmed into them and some of that was because of Trump's own mouth. So maybe this is Biden being the unifier by calming the nerves of a large segment of the population that has felt particularly maligned since George Floyd.

I got my eyes on you Joe! Now don't **** up your chance to prove to the R's that you aren't a flaming Libtard who cares nothing about substance and everything about worthless platitudes.
              How many BLM protesters were killed by police over 5 months of peaceful protests?

How many Trump protesters were killed in 1 day this week?

Unifying for sure. He’s not even sworn in yet and he’s already a lying sack of ****.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Well, awesome. The swamp is back. Biden promises in the first week he'll ask Congress to cancel 10K of student loan debt. To hell with anyone who chose not to waste their money on a Gender Studies Doctorate or any hard working person that already paid off their loans. Make sure we make that political payoff to the 18-30 years that have sacrificed so much for their country already.

So let's see...the 1st Amendment is under attack (and you're blind if you don't think the 2nd is next), we've eliminated the problems of discrimination by eliminating mother and father and pronouns from Federal government wording, Education, which has increased in cost faster than healthcare since the turn of the century (only because of easy money) is getting a further boost from the taxpayer.

I told everyone here the next big problem was student loan debt, worse than the housing crisis because there's zero value tied to these loans. Now those of us paying the bills get to pay that one too. I might as well have just donated to the DNC.

Boy I can't wait to see what is next ….. they've already fixed so many troubling issues. Stupid ****s.

Comment

Well, awesome. The swamp is back. Biden promises in the first week he'll ask Congress to cancel 10K of student loan debt. To hell with anyone who chose not to waste their money on a Gender Studies Doctorate or any hard working person that already paid off their loans. Make sure we make that political payoff to the 18-30 years that have sacrificed so much for their country already.

So let's see...the 1st Amendment is under attack (and you're blind if you don't think the 2nd is next), we've eliminated the problems of discrimination by eliminating mother and father and pronouns from Federal government wording, Education, which has increased in cost faster than healthcare since the turn of the century (only because of easy money) is getting a further boost from the taxpayer.

I told everyone here the next big problem was student loan debt, worse than the housing crisis because there's zero value tied to these loans. Now those of us paying the bills get to pay that one too. I might as well have just donated to the DNC.

Boy I can't wait to see what is next ….. they've already fixed so many troubling issues. Stupid ****s.
                  What on earth has got you all up in arms today sir? Sunday morning FOX News program or did the pastor get political?

1) 10k student loan reduction is a token political gesture. Remember the Left ran on wiping all of student debt away and making college free for all.

2) If by attacking the 1st Amendment you mean technology companies stifling Trump cult members, their leader, and their terroristic chatter I say... God Bless America!

3) Gender pronouns? Really? After all we've been through? That's so 2018.

If Joseph R. Biden becomes the token president for all, you and I will have just received the gift of the ages. Rejoice and be hopeful. Don't be a rabble rouser. Cut the strings from your puppeteers. Always remind yourself that the moment you get triggered, you are playing into their hands (and harming your health in the process). Take it one day at a time and view the political landscape from far, far, away. The details are meaningless. Be rational and calm when you talk politics with others. We need people from the Left and the Right to join together if we're ever going to change things - and that starts w/ a reduction in extremism and hyperbole.

Signed,

A man on a mission to break the propaganda cycle.

Comment

Well, awesome. The swamp is back. Biden promises in the first week he'll ask Congress to cancel 10K of student loan debt. To hell with anyone who chose not to waste their money on a Gender Studies Doctorate or any hard working person that already paid off their loans. Make sure we make that political payoff to the 18-30 years that have sacrificed so much for their country already.

Clod is still paying off his college bills so he’s ALL IN on government welfare from taxpayers.

Comment

What on earth has got you all up in arms today sir? Sunday morning FOX News program or did the pastor get political?

1) 10k student loan reduction is a token political gesture. Remember the Left ran on wiping all of student debt away and making college free for all.

2) If by attacking the 1st Amendment you mean technology companies stifling Trump cult members, their leader, and their terroristic chatter I say... God Bless America!

If Joseph R. Biden becomes the token president for all, you and I will have just received the gift of the ages. Rejoice and be hopeful. Don't be a rabble rouser. Cut the strings from your puppeteers. Always remind yourself that the moment you get triggered, you are playing into their hands (and harming your health in the process). Take it one day at a time and view the political landscape from far, far, away. The details are meaningless. Be rational and calm when you talk politics with others. We need people from the Left and the Right to join together if we're ever going to change things - and that starts w/ a reduction in extremism and hyperbole.

Signed,

A man on a mission to break the propaganda cycle.
                      I just couldn’t believe all the Twitter posts and accounts that were deleted over the summer that called for violence and murder of people/the president. Definitely no double standard going on.

Youre honestly more extreme left than your are center left. And I don’t care if you never will admit it cuz you’re a denier.

Denier.
                      Denier.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This is Biden and a Pelosi. He was a Resister from before Day 1, while Pelosi was a hater. He claims to be a United but They both seem to be dividers

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...e-constitution

i will add that Turkey is a Democrat but he is a sane Democrat. There doesn’t seem to be many of those these days.

Comment

1. is a redistributive policy. It’s anti capitalist and anti conservative. This is traditional left right arguing in America and if passed a pretty good indication that conservatism has lost. So be it.

2. The first amendment is sacred. It is liberty itself. Your failure to admit this (I’m sure you recognize it) is demonstrable of your unwillingness to think critically.

3. This had nothing to do with WuDrWu post, but since you brought it up, here is the problem: If biological fact is outside of the Overton window, then we can all be easily controlled by the state. If forced speech, “use my pronouns” is allowed, then we have already begun to oppress the citizens.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

1. is a redistributive policy. It’s anti capitalist and anti conservative. This is traditional left right arguing in America and if passed a pretty good indication that conservatism has lost. So be it.

2. The first amendment is sacred. It is liberty itself. Your failure to admit this (I’m sure you recognize it) is demonstrable of your unwillingness to think critically.

3. This had nothing to do with WuDrWu post, but since you brought it up, here is the problem: If biological fact is outside of the Overton window, then we can all be easily controlled by the state. If forced speech, “use my pronouns” is allowed, then we have already begun to oppress the citizens.
                            If you'll indulge me for a moment, I'd like to tell you a story. This isn't aimed at you specifically but I had the choice of attaching it to ScRatChY's post or the other Denier; you seemed the most emotionally stable (sober?) at the time, so congratulations!

Once upon a time, there was a liberal NYC RE developer who decided to run for president. He ran an unconventional campaign and won. Once in office he gave to his chosen party nearly everything they could ever dream of (and then some). Over that period, the opposing party's cries were so shrill they could be heard from sea to shining sea. The Trump Party membership (me included) said, "STFU Snowflakes and take your medicine. You had 8 years of 'Bum and now it's our turn. We don't riot when we don't get our way, we simply put our heads down, go to work, and pay our taxes - AND YOUR WELFARE!

After a few years of Conservative pwnage, the amateur politician from NYC came up against a unique challenge he couldn't easily dismiss. He ultimately didn't have the political skills to deal with said problem so it eventually cost him his job. Now there's a new politician in command and he's a member of the opposing party. This politician has two choices: he can either attempt to give his followers everything they ever hoped for, or he can try to give them some. If his choice is the latter, then he is a far fairer leader than his predecessor. So far there is still a chance he is the latter. Meanwhile, the anti-Snowflake Trump party scales the walls of the People's House because they didn't like the results of the election instantly losing all credibility and becoming the hypocrites of the century.

Now, to address your comments specifically:

1) The entire function of government is to be redistributive, assistive, protective... they redistribute tax monies for infrastructure, national defense, social programs, education, etc. They assist in execution of justice, obtainment of raw materials, technology and research, etc. They protect the civil/property rights of the populace by establishing laws and courts so that disagreements can find solutions. It's fun to be black and white on a message board because those hard edges are more likely to breed conflict, arguments, and otherwise discussion. But thinking man to thinking man, you must believe that there is more nuance to the reality you are attempting to paint.

2) Can I go into the street right now and scream "I plan to kill the president!"? And the first amendment is not sacred. One shouldn't use religious words to describe what was supposed to be an agnostic country open to all religions. Yes, attempting to regulate "free speech" is a slippery slope. But there has been limitations on speech in this country since the day it was founded.

Freedom of speech—the right to express opinions without government restraint—is a democratic ideal that dates back to ancient Greece. In the United States, the First Amendment guarantees free speech, though the United States, like all modern democracies, places limits on this freedom.

Not all speech is protected under the First Amendment.

Forms of speech that aren’t protected include:
                            • Obscene material such as child pornography
                            • Plagiarism of copyrighted material
                            • Defamation (libel and slander)
                            • True threats

Speech inciting illegal actions or soliciting others to commit crimes aren’t protected under the First Amendment, either.

The Supreme Court decided a series of cases in 1919 that helped to define the limitations of free speech. Congress passed the Espionage Act of 1917, shortly after the United States entered into World War I. The law prohibited interference in military operations or recruitment.

Socialist Party activist Charles Schenck was arrested under the Espionage Act after he distributed fliers urging young men to dodge the draft. The Supreme Court upheld his conviction by creating the “clear and present danger” standard, explaining when the government is allowed to limit free speech. In this case, they viewed draft resistant as dangerous to national security.
                            So our government has been altering the definition throughout history. It's clear that there is a "harmful" speech that wasn't intended to be free.

Google, Twitter, and Facebook attempting to stifle the terroristic chatter of a fringe group and their wannabe fascistic leader isn't a violation of free speech for the simple reason that those are corporations and not governments. I understand their stranglehold on information flow, but nobody on those 3 platforms would be banned if they were acting in accordance w/ the law. And I understand that there are liberals saying things that deserve banning and I remember reading about liberals who were banned. As far as the random person that says "**** Trump! I wish he was dead!", it's clearly a managerial decision to hammer the nails that stick up the furthest. It would take an army of moderators to watch each and every mom and pop who utters something illegal. Once they get enough followers they'll be weeded out too.

3) I responded to comments about changing the pronoun wording in federal documents. That should only bother you if you're anti-gay, anti-transgender, or whatever. Are you still fighting to put gays back in the closet? If you are of the opinion "live and let live", then the federal government changing their documents to be sexually agnostic shouldn't concern you one bit. I have no idea if homosexuality is nurture or nature, or what benefit or harm it causes to society, but the general public now believes in equal rights between homos and heteros. That ship has sailed. Same with abortion. NOW, the issue of allowing transgender men to compete w/ females is absolutely ludicrous. And forcing taxpayers to fund abortions when it may be against their religious beliefs is a debate worth having.

Let's unplug from our sources of outrage. Let's analyze WHAT ACTUALLY GETS PASSED or submitted for debate and stop reacting to Rush Limbaugh or Ted Cruz's forecast of doom. Our party was treated very well for 4 years. It's only fair that the Dims get a few W's too. This is how our government works. The slower the better.

Comment

• "Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild."
                              -----— President-elect Biden

Racial discrimination, plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                "Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild."
                                -----— President-elect Biden

Racial discrimination, plain and simple.
                                I've been thinking about you the last couple days pin. How is your recovery going? 100%?

Comment

Working...
                                X