No announcement yet.

Trump 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this author probably is on target regarding the Texas Supreme Court filing:

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...nsylvania.html

The difficulty for the Supreme Court is the remedy. If this involved an election to a minor local office, the Court would do its constitutional duty to set aside the election.

The Texas suit requests an injunction to stop certification and that the vote of the electors not be counted, or that electors be appointed in a constitutional manner.

But since the Court denied Kelly's request for an injunction, it appears that the Court does not want to decide who won the election.

The Court cannot just set aside the election in the four states — Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin — to resolve the issue of the proper electors for the presidential race because the elections involved many local races, state races, and House and Senate congressional races.

The Court will most likely rule that this is a political question that should be decided by the legislatures of Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin because the Constitution states that each state Legislature shall select the electors. The Court will pass the buck back to the politicians in the four states. This means that the Legislature of each state should investigate the election and make the decision.
    If this does, in fact, happen that would pretty much take the air out of Trump's election challenges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Wrong Again Clod
      Pfizer struck a separate agreement with the government with the US government agreeing to buy a certain number of doses without any guarantee that the vaccine would work. In return, Pfizer was guaranteed a large amount of money whether the vaccine worked or not.

We will see if the Pfizer Vaccine is fantastic or not. There were some Red Flags on day 1 in UK. But either way Pfizer is guaranteed Millions of dollars for those doses that the government has already purchased.
      But unlike AstraZeneca, which has also obtained funding from the U.S. government, Pfizer did not receive a contract for its earlier research and development efforts — only for the doses and their distribution.

By refusing funding up until now, Pfizer was able to avoid drawn-out contractual negotiations and get its vaccine to trials, company officials say.

“We didn’t accept the federal government funding solely for the reason that we wanted to be able to move as quickly as possible with our vaccine candidate into the clinic,” John Young, Pfizer’s chief business officer, said on Tuesday at a congressional hearing with executives from five vaccine manufacturers.

Comment

• https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...9-vaccine.html
        Read the article Clod,

this dosage agreement and the money for them, happened last July 22. It didn’t happen last month.

Comment

• Supreme Court rejects Texas bid to overturn election results in four states

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton alleged the states unlawfully changed their voting laws, leading to election irregularities.

That should pretty much shut down Trumps challenges to the Election unless he can somehow wave a magic wand and if he had a magic wand he would have already used it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Supreme Court rejects Texas bid to overturn election results in four states

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme...ction-lawsuit/

That should pretty much shut down Trumps challenges to the Election unless he can somehow wave a magic wand and if he had a magic wand he would have already used it.
            Paxton already waved that magic wand for him.

Now what I want to see is whether Trump pre-emptively pardons Paxton. And, of course, what happens to the Attorney General in my state (i.e. will he be indicted on state charges or federal charges). That last part is probably something most of the good people in Kansas aren't interested in.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Paxton already waved that magic wand for him.

Now what I want to see is whether Trump pre-emptively pardons Paxton. And, of course, what happens to the Attorney General in my state (i.e. will he be indicted on state charges or federal charges). That last part is probably something most of the good people in Kansas aren't interested in.
              Why would Trump have to pardon him? The federal court keeps dismissing the charges.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• This is not a legal problem, this is a moral problem.

They tried to steal the election, and if we don't stop them now, we will never stop them.

We are on the side of truth.

We, thanks to our lord and savior have already won.

But everyone listening who is prepared to die for the Republic... you have a very simple job for the next few days; you're gonna send a very clear message: If any state house in America dares to certify this fraudulent election, they will never, ever be elected. It is over. We have to make them quake in their Gucci loafers. We have to make them worry that the spirit of 1776 is alive and well.
                These words should frighten the hell out of anybody that calls themselves a U.S. patriot. It sounds like it could have come directly from the lips of the Ayatollah.

We are getting really close to the edge here folks.

Please unplug from your respective sources of Trump propaganda and let's move forward like Americans.

F/F to 12:47 ET time. There is a time banner on the actual video. The video clock is not right because it was still live at my time of posting this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

What makes him authoritarian? Especially compared to the moderate center of this country. Being selfish isn't authoritarian. Fleecing the government is corruption, but not authoritarian. I mean, he's being compared to Hitler FFS, there should be a list a mile long of his authoritarian exploits. What are they?
                  I used to laugh at the references to Hitler, but Trump is checking more and more boxes every day.

It's time for the madness to stop.

Eric Chenoweth argues that American voters must defeat both Donald Trump and the political party that accommodated him, as well as to confront the fundamental weaknesses in America’s constitutional democracy that brought us to such a perilous state.

Comparing Trump’s presidency with past fascist regimes, and particularly that of Hitler’s Germany, is generally seen as partisan hyperbole. Past warnings of a Nazi-like leader taking hold in America — like Sinclair Lewis’s ironically titled It Can’t Happen Here — were belied by history. America’s constitutional system can withstand even Trump. Can’t it?

The Trump presidency is certainly not the emergent Third Reich. Adolf Hitler, once handed power, acted swiftly to supplant the existing constitution by emergency decree, directed widespread repression against political opponents, purged Jews from state institutions, and held elections and referenda under conditions of mass intimidation to cement Nazi rule. By contrast, America saw three years of generally unhindered political opposition, media criticism, and free (if flawed) elections in which an opposition party made serious gains.

Yet events keep giving resonance to the warnings about Donald Trump’s rise to power. In response to national protests and unrest over brutal police violence against African Americans, Trump had peaceful demonstrators in front of the White House attacked and ordered the military to “expand the battlespace” to U.S. soil. What is happening here?

Several recent histories of Weimar Germany and Hitler’s rise to power make analogies to that of Donald Trump more credible — even acute.1 Considering the prospect of a Trump re-election, their insights point to an alarming level of danger that too many dismiss.2

Comparisons do jump out: Trump’s reliance on myths of national betrayal and decline to pursue political power; his use of existing and new forms of media to dominate news and politics; the holding of mass rallies to build a political movement; the subordination of a national party to a dominant leader asserting sole capacity to save the nation. It is striking how many similarities one can identify. While these aspects of Trump’s political playbook are usually defined as generic populism, it is their specific similarity to Germany’s actual example that resound.
                  In his diaries, Joseph Goebbels had repeated entries where he wrote “The main thing is, they’re talking about us.” “They” referred to media and society generally, but also to political and business leaders and, sometimes specifically, to leaders in less extreme nationalist parties who shared a negative view of the Weimar Republic. “Us” meant not just the Nazi Party, but also its embodiment in Adolf Hitler, a megalomaniac claiming to be the savior of a German nation threatened by Jews, Bolsheviks and globalism. It was Goebbels’s task to force “them” — those whose acceptance was necessary to achieve power — to talk about “us” as partners.

The new histories remind us how much Hitler and the Nazi Party, even with its seemingly indomitable force, needed such acceptance. “They” considered Hitler to be a clown and his followers to be ruffians. Mein Kampf was seen as the rambling of the leader of a pitiful “beer hall putsch.” Even as the Nazi Party seized on conditions of economic crisis and increased its vote from 3 percent in the 1928 parliamentary elections to 37 percent in July 1932, no other party would join a parliamentary coalition with Hitler as Chancellor. He could gain power only through a presidentially appointed cabinet. After initially vowing never to name the “lowly private” chancellor, President Paul von Hindenburg acceded when a significant part of the German nationalist and military establishment agreed to Hitler’s demand for the leading government post in order to form an anti-Weimar cabinet and mistakenly believing they could control Hitler.

Trump, too, was broadly seen as a political clown, unfit to wield power (still a common view that disregards his will to use it). He also built a base of political support on a racist conspiracy theory (“birtherism”). He increased his support using additional racist themes, promoting an anti-immigrant and anti-globalist nationalist platform under the banner of Make America Great Again. His politics were dismissed as fringe by the leading political competitors for the Republican Party nomination.

Trump required first tolerance and then acceptance of an extremist platform, attracting fanatical support by the political party whose presidential nomination he sought. Using broadcast and social media, staged rallies, provocative statements, and encouragement of violence, Trump practiced the Goebbels tactic of getting “them” to talk about “us.” It gained him saturation coverage of his campaign. That led “them” (media, elites, and leading figures within the Republican Party) to legitimize Trump’s “populist” brand of politics, even as he grew more extreme. One by one, fellow candidates conceded to Trump’s seemingly unstoppable momentum. No effort was made to coalesce behind a remaining candidate with less extreme views — despite others performing better in national polls against the opposing party’s likely candidate.

As in Germany, there was nothing inevitable about the nomination of Donald Trump, nor the full consolidation of an entire political party around an egomaniacal and extremist candidate. Yet, Republican Party leaders at national, state and local levels, seeking to regain national power for the party after eight years, tolerated his extremism and alarming behavior. The candidate once considered anathema became, as some claimed, “exactly the right leader for our times.”
                  Interesting read. Let's not not jump straight to Ad Hominem shall we?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I used to laugh at the references to Hitler, but Trump is checking more and more boxes every day.

It's time for the madness to stop.

Eric Chenoweth argues that American voters must defeat both Donald Trump and the political party that accommodated him, as well as to confront the fundamental weaknesses in America’s constitutional democracy that brought us to such a perilous state.

Interesting read. Let's not not jump straight to Ad Hominem shall we?
                    When I read an article like that, I think that the author believes that the reader is stupid.

What happened is that he knows that his side comparing Trump to Hitler is ridiculous, but instead of calling out those that claim it, he does his own party unity thing and makes an attempt to justify outlandish claims by his party. (Kinda like Nazis).

If you are comparing anyone to Hitler and you aren't using similarities in genocidal actions, murder, war mongering and complete authoritarian rule, you are out over your skis, and should be laughed off the stage and ridiculed.

If you entertain the theory and try to sell others on it to, well....

I dunno if you are just a former debate student trying to take a side and win on points or just a troll.

Trump is checking lots of boxes like Hitler.

Likes his country.
                    Demands party loyalty (unlike democrats who allow all sorts of views)
                    Racist (like everyone who is not a democrat)
                    And called in cops to stop a peaceful protest burning down a church.

Well. Im convinced. Trump is a Nazi.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

When I read an article like that, I think that the author believes that the reader is stupid.

What happened is that he knows that his side comparing Trump to Hitler is ridiculous, but instead of calling out those that claim it, he does his own party unity thing and makes an attempt to justify outlandish claims by his party. (Kinda like Nazis).

If you are comparing anyone to Hitler and you aren't using similarities in genocidal actions, murder, war mongering and complete authoritarian rule, you are out over your skis, and should be laughed off the stage and ridiculed.

If you entertain the theory and try to sell others on it to, well....

I dunno if you are just a former debate student trying to take a side and win on points or just a troll.

Trump is checking lots of boxes like Hitler.

Likes his country.
                      Demands party loyalty (unlike democrats who allow all sorts of views)
                      Racist (like everyone who is not a democrat)
                      And called in cops to stop a peaceful protest burning down a church.

Well. Im convinced. Trump is a Nazi.
                      I thought you weren't a Trump fan? Why are you willing to shed so much blood for him then? The points in the article are nuanced. To say that Trump has to be committing acts of genocide in order to show similar patterns to tyrants of the past is to miss the entire point by a country mile. Intellectual conversations are rarely black and white. You're showing up at knitting convention with a machete and a blow torch. Hyperbolic reactionary strategies only serve to confuse the easily confused.

Trump is trying to overturn an election by any legal means available. And his surrogates are telling his followers to start intimidating state electors. Are you a serious person or not?

And yes I like to debate. It's how I discover new truths. Theories tested by fire.

P.S. This article was written before the Great Election Contest of 2022.

Comment

I thought you weren't a Trump fan? Why are you willing to shed so much blood for him then? The points in the article are nuanced. To say that Trump has to be committing acts of genocide in order to show similar patterns to tyrants of the past is to miss the entire point by a country mile. Intellectual conversations are rarely black and white. You're showing up at knitting convention with a machete and a blow torch. Hyperbolic reactionary strategies only serve to confuse the easily confused.

Trump is trying to overturn an election by any legal means available. And his surrogates are telling his followers to start intimidating state electors. Are you a serious person or not?

And yes I like to debate. It's how I discover new truths. Theories tested by fire.

P.S. This article was written before the Great Election Contest of 2022.
                        What makes Hitler Hitler? What made him evil? What defined HItler? Was it the way he rose to power? Or was it his concentration camps, starting WWII, invading his neighbors and death? You ask someone on the street what Hitler represents and you aren't going to get "Oh, yeah, he bedazzled with his speeches". You are going to get, he tried to exterminate the Jews.

If you want to compare someone to Hitler, have the guts to paint them with the Hitler brush. Don't beat around the bush and nuance it. You know damn well what Hitler was. You know what saying someone is like Hitler means. There are numerous people throughout history that rose to power in countries through national pride. You only use Hitler when you want to scare people into thinking that someone is a genocidal murderer.

That's the point. If you compare Trump to Hitler and aren't prepared to back up that claim with examples of Trump murdering a race of people, you lose.

BTW, I'm pretty much exactly like Patrick Mahomes.

I live in KC, love the town, call it my home and I have a white significant other.

See how that works?
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

What makes Hitler Hitler? What made him evil? What defined HItler? Was it the way he rose to power? Or was it his concentration camps, starting WWII, invading his neighbors and death? You ask someone on the street what Hitler represents and you aren't going to get "Oh, yeah, he bedazzled with his speeches". You are going to get, he tried to exterminate the Jews.

If you want to compare someone to Hitler, have the guts to paint them with the Hitler brush. Don't beat around the bush and nuance it. You know damn well what Hitler was. You know what saying someone is like Hitler means. There are numerous people throughout history that rose to power in countries through national pride. You only use Hitler when you want to scare people into thinking that someone is a genocidal murderer.

That's the point. If you compare Trump to Hitler and aren't prepared to back up that claim with examples of Trump murdering a race of people, you lose.

BTW, I'm pretty much exactly like Patrick Mahomes.

I live in KC, love the town, call it my home and I have a white significant other.

See how that works?
                          Better, but still too much hyperbole.

Do you not see severe personality and psychological defects in Trump? Do you not see symptoms of dictatorial tendency? Stop confusing yourself with the article. Just answer the following question: do you believe his behavior post-election is that of a person in-love with America or someone merely concerned with staying in power?

Comment

Better, but still too much hyperbole.

Do you not see severe personality and psychological defects in Trump? Do you not see symptoms of dictatorial tendency? Stop confusing yourself with the article. Just answer the following question: do you believe his behavior post-election is that of a person in-love with America or someone merely concerned with staying in power?
                            You think I am too hyperbolic? You're willing to entertain comparisons of Trump to Hitler. You win the hyperbolic prize there.

Why did you post the article as your basis for the comparison, then when it gets nuked you want to move away from it? You talk in circles and gaslight language, and it won't work with me.

Trump is a person in love with himself, and he does love this country (more than Biden/Harris anyway, not more than himself). He is taking every LEGAL action he can to stay in power partly because there is a lot of appearances of shenanigans in several places, and wants to shine a light on it. The legal system is working. His attempts will fail. There is not enough evidence to overturn the election. Are the dems cheaters? Absolutely. Is it fun watching the squirm regardless? Absolutely. Does it make Trump Hitler? LOL NO! Will Biden be inaugurated in January? Yes.

Trump's action could be 100% the result of psychological defects and solely due to the love of himself. That still doesn't make him Hitler.

Again, if you want to go along with the Trump/Hitler comparison, come with something better.

Nuance is the fallback position of people who get called on their hyperbolic comparisons.

Comment

• ShockerPrez is on a role tonight! @coldblooded will be pulling in a legion of straw men in 3, 2, 1...
                              Livin the dream

Comment

You think I am too hyperbolic? You're willing to entertain comparisons of Trump to Hitler. You win the hyperbolic prize there.

Why did you post the article as your basis for the comparison, then when it gets nuked you want to move away from it? You talk in circles and gaslight language, and it won't work with me.

Trump is a person in love with himself, and he does love this country (more than Biden/Harris anyway, not more than himself). He is taking every LEGAL action he can to stay in power partly because there is a lot of appearances of shenanigans in several places, and wants to shine a light on it. The legal system is working. His attempts will fail. There is not enough evidence to overturn the election. Are the dems cheaters? Absolutely. Is it fun watching the squirm regardless? Absolutely. Does it make Trump Hitler? LOL NO! Will Biden be inaugurated in January? Yes.

Trump's action could be 100% the result of psychological defects and solely due to the love of himself. That still doesn't make him Hitler.

Again, if you want to go along with the Trump/Hitler comparison, come with something better.

Nuance is the fallback position of people who get called on their hyperbolic comparisons.
                                I never said Trump was Hitler and neither did the article. In fact the article said exactly the opposite in the preamble. We both allude to some very suspicious and unsavory characteristics shared by past dictators, particularly in their early years. I added the attempt to overturn the election as another "coincidence". He clearly shares more personality traits of Hitler than he doesn't. I'm still not convinced he isn't a textbook sociopath. I thought that even as a Trumper. It always concerned me.

You still kind of skirted the question though. Let me ask you again: do you believe his behavior post-election is that of a person in-love with America or someone merely concerned with staying in power? It's an easy question to answer unless you're hiding a bias. And if you have a bias it could be a real difficult question. Of course the correct answer is he's doing it merely to stay in power.

Also, his efforts to stifle Biden's transition team falls somewhere between juvenile and criminal. But you know I already think he should be charged after leaving office for his mismanagement of the pandemic. Perhaps a class-action civil suit from all the families who lost love ones. He needs to answer for his actions under oath.

And nuance is the language of the evolved mind as it allows for the acknowledgement of complex realities.

Comment

Working...
                                X