Trump 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

This is fair. I’ve been pretty loose with my call outs. That said, “Lefty/leftist” and “woke” are not insults. These are ideologies embraced by the American left, including some members of the democrat party.

Even a lefty liberal like Piers Morgan doesn't agree with you that "woke" isn't an insult. People who are woke often are making the ability to see what the other is saying impossible.

Piers Morgan

@piersmorgan
    ·
    Jan 20
    No mate, 'woke' means being constantly, self-righteously certain that your ultra-liberal, virtue-signalling opinion is not only always right but anyone who disagrees is an idiot. You know the type...

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

And where may we find the proof of your claims?
      I didn’t make any claims. I made suppositions and laid out how it works in some scenarios and how it could work for Biden, and why tax refunds are not a good source to demonstrate no political corruption.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Even a lefty liberal like Piers Morgan doesn't agree with you that "woke" isn't an insult. People who are woke often are making the ability to see what the other is saying impossible.

Piers Morgan

@piersmorgan
        ·
        Jan 20
        No mate, 'woke' means being constantly, self-righteously certain that your ultra-liberal, virtue-signalling opinion is not only always right but anyone who disagrees is an idiot. You know the type...
        Piers is not a lefty liberal. He’s an anti-2A moderate Democrat that rejects wine culture.

The woke even have awards for being woke.

ESSENCE Magazine's 'Woke 100' list honors the spectrum of Black women's brilliance—from politics and entertainment, to academia and film.
        Livin the dream

Comment

...I find him to be a crony.

The way cronyism works is not captured on tax returns. What happens is that some outfit that is moderately pro-Biden pays him $100K for a speech. They then use that payment as an opportunity to influence policy.
          How is this not a claim?

Comment

Buzzfeed:

According to a staffer at the Philadelphia city commissioners office, the situation depicted in the video really did happen, but there's more to it than what's shown.

"It was an honest mistake," spokesperson Kevin Feeley said in a phone call.

The poll watcher had a different ward than what was at on his certificate, Feeley said, and the worker misinterpreted the law and didn't allow him in. An older version of the law said that watchers must be assigned to specific wards.

According to Feeley, after the error was realized, it was corrected. “This person was allowed to enter and is there now,” he said.

A spokesperson for the district attorney's office also said, “Our Election Task Force has not received any complaints that fit what is being described or alleged in that tweet.”

USA Today:

A spokesperson for the Philadelphia City Commissioners' office stated the act was "an honest mistake." Kevin Feely said during a phone call with BuzzFeed News that the man had a different ward than what was written on his certificate. An older version of the law pertaining to poll watchers maintained such individuals must be assigned to specific wards, which was why the poll worker mistakenly turned the man away.

Once the error was realized, the man was permitted back.

"This person was allowed to enter and is there now,” Feely said.

The city's district attorney's office also denied any other complaints of a poll watcher being denied entrance.

“Our Election Task Force has not received any complaints that fit what is being described or alleged in that tweet," said spokeswoman Jane Roh to BuzzFeed News.
            You took snippets where the two articles overlapped. I’ve already acknowledged that the buzzfeed article, along with three other sources, were credited at the end of the USA Today article.

Your claim was “all of the facts were from buzzfeed”
            which I’ve already shown you is false.

Comment

How is this not a claim?
              I suspect him, without evidence, to be a crony. I suspect all politicians to be crony’s, as stated previously. This isn’t special attention I’m giving to Biden.
              Livin the dream

Comment

You took snippets where the two articles overlapped. I’ve already acknowledged that the buzzfeed article, along with three other sources, were credited at the end of the USA Today article.

Your claim was “all of the facts were from buzzfeed”
                which I’ve already shown you is false.
                No, you haven’t. You’ve just denied it. What were the other sources? I found twitter, YouTube, and a PSA that were laying out the claim, followed by the buzzfeed story to say it was false.

Those weren’t snippets. They were the articles. The only thing I left out from ISA Today was the part where they said, “here’s what other people are saying”

Stop with the gaslighting.
                Livin the dream

Comment

No, you haven’t. You’ve just denied it. What were the other sources? I found twitter, YouTube, and a PSA that were laying out the claim, followed by the buzzfeed story to say it was false.

Those weren’t snippets. They were the articles. The only thing I left out from ISA Today was the part where they said, “here’s what other people are saying”

Stop with the gaslighting.
                  This is literally one of the dumbest discussions to ever take place on Shockernet. It’s like the scene in Billy Madison. We are all dumber for having had this discussion, we should be awarded no points and may god have mercy on our souls.

That being said, I’ll post this again because you accused me of gaslighting.

Facts in USA Today article not found in buzzfeed article:

-Name of person who shot the video (Will Chamberlain)
                  -Occupation of person who shot the video (Editor of conservative magazine Human Events)
                  -polling station man was initially turned away from (Point Breeze neighborhood)

You said, and you can go back and look at your posts to verify I’m not making this up in an attempt to make you doubt yourself, “all of the facts were from buzzfeed.”

If you’d said all of the quotes or most of the information that would have been more accurate.

Comment

This is literally one of the dumbest discussions to ever take place on Shockernet. It’s like the scene in Billy Madison. We are all dumber for having had this discussion, we should be awarded no points and may god have mercy on our souls.
                    Correct. We are all dumber for having to listen to you gaslight us. Bottom line. Buzzfeed is your reputable news source and we should all bow down.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Correct. We are all dumber for having to listen to you gaslight us. Bottom line. Buzzfeed is your reputable news source and we should all bow down.
                      In this case Buzzfeed did exactly what we should expect from journalism. They investigated a claim then reported the facts and context they obtained. They did a good job and I applaud them.

Comment

In this case Buzzfeed did exactly what we should expect from journalism. They investigated a claim then reported the facts and context they obtained. They did a good job and I applaud them.
                        We all applaud buzzfeed! They are what everyone should strive to be.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Piers is not a lefty liberal. He’s an anti-2A moderate Democrat that rejects wine culture.

The woke even have awards for being woke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ess...woke-100-2019/
                          He called himself a liberal in the interview I saw. I don’t mean that he is way out there but that was his claim. It was during an interview where he was siting concerns for the “woke” crowd as a mob. He brought up instances where the woke mob used social media to get a liberal college professor at Evergreen College fired. Well not fired but the college asked him and wife to leave even because the professor didn’t agree with a college policy to give all black students the day off so they could understand how privileged white people felt. The students went berserk and protested, shouted, and refused the professor to continue. He also brougt up JK Rowling (another liberal) being hounded by the “woke” Mob. The program showed the danger of mob wokeness and how it was increasing. Anyway, he didn’t consider wokeness a virtue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He called himself a liberal in the interview I saw. I don’t mean that he is way out there but that was his claim. It was during an interview where he was siting concerns for the “woke” crowd as a mob. He brought up instances where the woke mob used social media to get a liberal college professor at Evergreen College fired. Well not fired but the college asked him and wife to leave even because the professor didn’t agree with a college policy to give all black students the day off so they could understand how privileged white people felt. The students went berserk and protested, shouted, and refused the professor to continue. He also brougt up JK Rowling (another liberal) being hounded by the “woke” Mob. The program showed the danger of mob wokeness and how it was increasing. Anyway, he didn’t consider wokeness a virtue.
                            Liberal in Britain means something different than in the US. Brits mean it as classical liberal; freedom to do as one pleases, absence of authority.

pie n eye, do you consider being woke as a good thing or a bad thing?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Liberal in Britain means something different than in the US. Brits mean it as classical liberal; freedom to do as one pleases, absence of authority.

pie n eye, do you consider being woke as a good thing or a bad thing?
                              Webster’s dictionary defines woke as “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”. In that sense I suppose it’s a good thing.

Practically, I don’t have much use for the term. In fact I find there is a strong correlation between how often a person uses the word and how much they irritate me.

Comment

Webster’s dictionary defines woke as “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”. In that sense I suppose it’s a good thing.

Practically, I don’t have much use for the term. In fact I find there is a strong correlation between how often a person uses the word and how much they irritate me.
                                There you go Shockm. It’s not a bad thing to be woke.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X