Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    If the crowd was booing, I thought it was when the Texans were taking the field. Like most opposing teams that take the field in a road stadium experience.

I could be wrong, but that's what I thought happened.
    That's exactly what I thought... the friggin' media just loves to promote hate.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Not sure that’s true... probably just more “fake” news. Can’t imagine anyone actually booing players and coaches showing unity.

I don't know what the crowd did. What I do believe, however, is that when you promote something, you need to be smart with it and how you go about reaching people.

You have basically 4 groups of people:

1) There are those who already understood.
      2) There are those you thought didn't understand, but did.
      3) There are those you did reach and now understand.
      4) There are those who you will never reach for whatever their own reasons.

The art is not overplaying your hand. You are never going to get the people in #4, which I personally believe is a very small number in this case. However, knowing where the saturation point is with the other 3 groups is very important.

There are those in group #1 that understood, but believe you can go too far by over use, do things they believe is detrimental to the cause, and some of them may start to "distance" themselves from you.

There are those in group #2, that can also feel like those in group #1. However, it can get worse. You begin to "piss them off" because you continually tell them them don't understand and/or you have over saturated that group to where they become tone deaf.

There are those in group #3 that can begin to feel like those in #1 and #2.

Honestly, I feel I am part of group #2. I cannot empathize. That will not change as I can not walk in those shoes. I can surely sympathize and want to see changes. However, black America should distance themselves as far away as possible from groups like Antifa. If you are Black and agree with what groups like Antifa are doing in our streets, then I no longer look at you as Black, but as one of Antifa. Race has nothing to do with it.

I love sports. Some of my biggest sport heroes are Black, not just because of what they did in their sport, but also who they are/were as a person. That said, I no longer care what they wear on their uniforms. If you want to take a knee, fine, do it. I get it. But let's be real. It is all symbolic by now. It's what is in your mind and heart that matters. Nevertheless, if you want to boycott, fine do it. Do it for as long as you want. Frankly, I believe I can live without professional or college sports. Never thought I would have said that, but it's the way I feel now.

I also don't care about what Hollywood types say. I haven't gone to a movie in years and don't watch many on TV. I've gotten to where I don't even watch first run TV shows. Most of it I don't even want to watch any longer. I very seldom care what an entertainer says about politics, but more about who they are as a person. That means I don't care about many Hollywood types.

Comment

• Only the tip of the iceberg...

Comment

Only the tip of the iceberg...

Wow. Just wow.

Comment

• SMH! This is a snapshot of Hiden's America.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Pretty good take by Whitlock, definitely worth the read. It sounded like booing from my tv audio.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Pretty good take by Whitlock, definitely worth the read. It sounded like booing from my tv audio.
                Could be piped in sound like the NBA... maybe the sound guy pushed the wrong button?

Comment

Only the tip of the iceberg...

Saturday Night Live in its hay day couldn't have done a funnier skit. Actually feel sorry for the other blacks on the plane as she's doing NO ONE a favor by those actions.

Comment

• 2 takeaways from the Pittsburgh game last night. Alejandro Villanueva is a hero and patriot and should be a person that we all look up to. He covered his mandated Antwon Rose patch with the name Alwyn Cashe, a Silver Star Awarded serviceman who, after his Bradley fighting vehicle hit a roadside bomb in Iraq, he wasn't initially hurt, but when he tried to rescue those that were trapped in the vehicle he suffered 3rd degree burns over more than half his body and he died 3 weeks later. He ran INTO the fire. Hero.

Now, Antwon Rose. I've heard a lot about him. Wrote poetry. Great kid. Innocent. Shot in the back 3 times by a racist cop. I dug a little.

Police were dispatched to the area on a report of a shooting. The officer pulled over this car because it matched the description of the report. Rose and another backseat passenger exited the vehicle on foot and fled in opposite directions. The office followed Rose and shot him dead.

The officer was later charged with murder. He was found not guilty. I read the driver of the car was "jittery" and was let go. I read the officer was eventually fired, he claimed for a different reason, but I couldn't find a good enough source to confirm this, one way or the other.

I later found that the other backseat passenger, that initially got away, was found, and pleaded guilty to multiple offenses. He was remorseful in court for his actions and hopes to help other kids make better decisions when he gets out (6-22 years as this was his 3rd felony involving guns). So yes, he did the drive by. Also, an empty clip was found on Mr. Rose.

Draw your own conclusions.

Now, that doesn't mean he deserved to die. There are problems that COULD be fixed, like putting an officer into a situation like that early in his career, with lethal weaponry. Perhaps better rules for when an officer's gun can be drawn and fired. Maybe not sending new officers alone. Plenty of real world problems that need better answers. BUT, apparently there was a need to bow to the mob, and a total false narrative was built and sold to the world. And nothing is fixed except there's another dead teenager that clearly was an awful individual, a cop that was called to protect the public has to live with killing him, doesn't have a job and likely won't get another one, and the taxpayers are out $2 million in the civil lawsuit.

Oh, and all cops are racists.

Comment

• As much as it pains me, I have not watched one single minute of any NBA or NFL game since politics have been inserted fully into the equation. For me, it’s not even about that I agree or disagree with a stance.

I DONT WANT TO BE SWOONED INTO POLITICAL BS WHEN WATCHING A SPORTING EVENY.

I think it’s safe to say that I and lots of others turn to sports to escape the political BS that is constantly being thrown around. Of course, not anymore.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        As much as it pains me, I have not watched one single minute of any NBA or NFL game since politics have been inserted fully into the equation. For me, it’s not even about that I agree or disagree with a stance.

I DONT WANT TO BE SWOONED INTO POLITICAL BS WHEN WATCHING A SPORTING EVENY.

I think it’s safe to say that I and lots of others turn to sports to escape the political BS that is constantly being thrown around. Of course, not anymore.
                        The ratings show that you are not alone. I have watched Fred and Landry, but not much else.

Comment

• Outstanding video on "white privilege" ...

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Outstanding video on "white privilege" ...

True, but...the woke don’t believe in objective reality. It’s a dogmatic religion.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

True, but...the woke don’t believe in objective reality. It’s a dogmatic religion.
                              Trump drove 'em nuts didn't he? No?

Comment

Working...
                              X