No announcement yet.

Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black man in Rochester NY dies while being arrested by cops back in March: https://apnews.com/5c2f0cf366e560b7f41ebb3c964b099c

An absolute tragedy for everyone involved.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Black man in Rochester NY dies while being arrested by cops back in March: https://apnews.com/5c2f0cf366e560b7f41ebb3c964b099c

There was a peaceful protest that ensued. Good on them!
      Livin the dream

Comment

Black man in Rochester NY dies while being arrested by cops back in March: https://apnews.com/5c2f0cf366e560b7f41ebb3c964b099c

Why is this news now and not back then?

Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why is this news now and not back then?
          The family only very recently received the body cam footage.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

The family only very recently received the body cam footage.
            Gotcha, thanks
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Masks have almost become as symbolic as they are utilitarian.
              I couldn't agree more. About as symbolic as

or even

Comment

• America is a values based culture. We are not a caste system, or a race based system. We have American Family values. Those values are liberty and equality. Although we often don’t live up to the virtues we espouse, we thrive to do better. There is nothing about BLM that upholds those values. We must dispose of them and work to make this nation better for all citizens!
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  America is a values based culture. We are not a caste system, or a race based system. We have American Family values. Those values are liberty and equality. Although we often don’t live up to the virtues we espouse, we thrive to do better. There is nothing about BLM that upholds those values. We must dispose of them and work to make this nation better for all citizens!
                  Obviously.

But, did you listen to any of the democrat convention 2 weeks ago? They need to learn to love themselves more. Then they will comprehend the true meaning of "Love thy neighbor..." You know the rest of it...

Comment

• So the Antifa guy that shot the Trump guy in Portland did an interview with Vice. He said that he killed the MAGA guy in self defense because the MAGA guy was going to kill black people. I didn’t see the interview, so there’s probably more to it.

After the interview four US Marshall’s went to arrest him and he opened fire on them with a defensive rifle and was killed in the shootout.

This dude was obviously nuts. He was estranged from his family because he stole from them and was arrested for three prior gun incidents. Some Antifa are calling this an assassination. We will see if there is any kind of tit for tat or if they recognize he’s a loon.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      So the Antifa guy that shot the Trump guy in Portland did an interview with Vice. He said that he killed the MAGA guy in self defense because the MAGA guy was going to kill black people. I didn’t see the interview, so there’s probably more to it.

After the interview four US Marshall’s went to arrest him and he opened fire on them with a defensive rifle and was killed in the shootout.

This dude was obviously nuts. He was estranged from his family because he stole from them and was arrested for three prior gun incidents. Some Antifa are calling this an assassination. We will see if there is any kind of tit for tat or if they recognize he’s a loon.
                      Can loons recognize loons? My guess is yes. Loons flock together.

Comment

• Sorry if has been posted before. It's the 30 minute video of the arrest of George Floyd. Pretty eye opening on just how high Mr. Floyd was before any interaction with police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkEG...ctr=1599262897

This is Tatum's synopsis of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFe...re=emb_rel_end

I'll not make any other comments at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Sorry if has been posted before. It's the 30 minute video of the arrest of George Floyd. Pretty eye opening on just how high Mr. Floyd was before any interaction with police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkEG...ctr=1599262897

This is Tatum's synopsis of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFe...re=emb_rel_end

I'll not make any other comments at this time.
                          Tatum was spot on. He was high on multiple drugs and acting erratic and not complying with the officer's requests. He resisted and fought going in the police vehicle. He then requested to be laid down, which they did. He continued to fight. Chauvin should have had the decency and thought to move the knee from the neck and give Floyd the opportunity to comply once he indicated he couldn't breathe. One of the officers did try CPR on Floyd, contrary to what was reported.

Bottom line: Chauvin deserves to be charged and tried. The other officers, I do not think so. It was a colossal tragedy that Floyd died and it most likely could have been avoided if he wasn't on drugs and if Chauvin had followed training protocols and moved the knee to his back once he indicated he couldn't breathe. Floyd clearly was messed up and does not deserve the martyrdom he has received. My conclusion is that Mr. Floyd ultimately died due to complications from the drugs he was on that caused his heart rate to spike and then crash (Excited Delirium). What role the knee to the neck played will be left up to the jury to decide.

I see this in so many conflicting ways and it is truly a major and utter tragedy. This video shows (a) the sadness of drug addiction and (b) the extremely difficult job that police officers have in today's society.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Tatum was spot on. He was high on multiple drugs and acting erratic and not complying with the officer's requests. He resisted and fought going in the police vehicle. He then requested to be laid down, which they did. He continued to fight. Chauvin should have had the decency and thought to move the knee from the neck and give Floyd the opportunity to comply once he indicated he couldn't breathe. One of the officers did try CPR on Floyd, contrary to what was reported.
                            Yes, but he could have done that without Floyd's "I can't breathe". To me, Floyd's statement wasn't taken seriously because he had said it so often well before ever being laid on the ground as he asked to be done. Mr. Floyd couldn't breathe because of the drugs in his system. After seeing this full video, I'm not sure I even believe it was Chauvin's actions that caused Floyd's death, although the the police could have changed their actions sooner once he seemed to lose consciousness. If they had, the outcome may still not have been any different, but the "appearance" would have been different.

Comment

Yes, but he could have done that without Floyd's "I can't breathe". To me, Floyd's statement wasn't taken seriously because he had said it so often well before ever being laid on the ground as he asked to be done. Mr. Floyd couldn't breathe because of the drugs in his system. After seeing this full video, I'm not sure I even believe it was Chauvin's actions that caused Floyd's death, although the the police could have changed their actions sooner once he seemed to lose consciousness. If they had, the outcome may still not have been any different, but the "appearance" would have been different.
                              Good point. He did say that he couldn't breathe at one point prior to being laid on the ground.

Comment

Actually, I counted at least 9 times he said he couldn't breathe, starting before they put him into the car until he pushed his way out on the other side. He also said he wanted to lay on the ground. He continued to say that he couldn't breathe for at least another 20+ times as they got him on the ground and while on the ground along with saying he now wanted up. The whole time he was struggling to get up until exhaustion took over.

Comment

Working...
                                X