No announcement yet.

Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should have just put on BLM shirts and it would have been ok. They can do whatever they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yes, wait til the mob strikes first. Good precedent being set here.
      Did you just attempt to formulate an argument about self-defense with the premise being that show of force can preempt a threat? What could possibly go wrong there?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Appropriate. Brandishing a weapon is illegal and should be prosecuted.

He could have sat on his front porch with the AR slung over his shoulder and received no reprimand. But you can't point your weapon unless you can make a credible claim that your life is in danger. He cannot.
        They are making the claim that they were verbally threatened. We will see if that holds up.

The “trespassers” have also been charged.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

They are making the claim that they were verbally threatened. We will see if that holds up.

The “trespassers” have also been charged.
          Is it a duty to retreat state? If so, he is screwed. He could have just popped inside and locked his door.

Also, I believe castle law is your home and your car, not your front yard, but they include yards in Texas I think. Or at least they used to.

Still... rich white dude on his porch, in front of his mansion, pointing an AR at colored people? In 2020? L M A O ! He'll get burned at the stake. And what's his old lady holding? A pistol? Hahaha. This is too much.

Now if they had thrown a rock through his window... NOW, we have something. And if they had started to beat on his front door with a crowbar he could have blown holes through the door AND them. The laws are fairly unambiguous.

I suspect this dude is a racist (big Trump fan also) and he just wanted to swing his big, fat, Liberty around a little bit. These are the guys that risk my right to keep weapons.

Comment

• Wrong. Hiden and Beto are the guys that risk your right to keep weapons, and a whole bunch of other constitutional rights. Not this guy.

Comment

Is it a duty to retreat state? If so, he is screwed. He could have just popped inside and locked his door.

Also, I believe castle law is your home and your car, not your front yard, but they include yards in Texas I think. Or at least they used to.

Still... rich white dude on his porch, in front of his mansion, pointing an AR at colored people? In 2020? L M A O ! He'll get burned at the stake. And what's his old lady holding? A pistol? Hahaha. This is too much.

Now if they had thrown a rock through his window... NOW, we have something. And if they had started to beat on his front door with a crowbar he could have blown holes through the door AND them. The laws are fairly unambiguous.

I suspect this dude is a racist (big Trump fan also) and he just wanted to swing his big, fat, Liberty around a little bit. These are the guys that risk my right to keep weapons.
              No, it’s a stand your ground state. Not sure on the specifics of house vs property in MO.

The pistol was not in working order as noted by the forensics lab.

They are republicans, but also are noted for their work against police brutality. None of that secondary narrative matters. It’s either legal to brandish a weapon when a group of persons (Some armed) walk on to your private property and some verbally threaten you, or it isn’t.
              Livin the dream

Comment

These are the guys that risk my right to keep weapons.
                I think your biggest risk is your mental state.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Wrong. Hiden and Beto are the guys that risk your right to keep weapons, and a whole bunch of other constitutional rights. Not this guy.
                  Actually, it's the reckless actions of gun owners that cause the non-gun loving folks to rise up and demand change. Hiden and Beto are merely instruments that can effect change.

Most gun owners are very respectful though and would never jeopardize their rights by breaking the law. It's always the fringe characters that ruin it for everyone.

Comment

No, it’s a stand your ground state. Not sure on the specifics of house vs property in MO.

The pistol was not in working order as noted by the forensics lab.

They are republicans, but also are noted for their work against police brutality. None of that secondary narrative matters. It’s either legal to brandish a weapon when a group of persons (Some armed) walk on to your private property and some verbally threaten you, or it isn’t.
                    If it's stand your ground and he had armed folk walking towards him in a threatening manner, he's as good as gold. He has a legitimate claim of fear for his life and should have started firing.

Comment

If it's stand your ground and he had armed folk walking towards him in a threatening manner, he's as good as gold. He has a legitimate claim of fear for his life and should have started firing.

Comment

That’s not what I said. Why won’t you just stick to the facts?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

That’s not what I said. Why won’t you just stick to the facts?
                          Are these not your words:

Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s either legal to brandish a weapon when a group of persons (Some armed) walk on to your private property and some verbally threaten you, or it isn’t.
                          And these are my words:

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

​​​​​​​

Comment

Are these not your words:

And these are my words:

On and towards are VERY different things in this context. I don’t believe anyone walked TOWARDS them. There is a different threat level between the two.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Is this still a thing or did the protests die down to nothingness?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Oof
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X