No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s the interesting thing. Biden says we will be back to normal by next Christmas. But first let’s spend another 1.9 Trillion dollars for a Covid bill when we probably need less than half that much.

I wonder if President Biden doesn’t want this pandemic crisis to continue.

Makary says ways that we probably have 180 million already immune with T cells that are already activated. I’ll let you read the opinion article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Here’s the interesting thing. Biden says we will be back to normal by next Christmas. But first let’s spend another 1.9 Trillion dollars for a Covid bill when we probably need less than half that much.

I wonder if President Biden doesn’t want this pandemic crisis to continue.

Makary says ways that we probably have 180 million already immune with T cells that are already activated. I’ll let you read the opinion article.
      He absolutely wants it to continue. It's good for his political career and it allows them to assert their power and control.

Comment

• Absolutely pathetic. This is proof of what school boards and teachers think is going on. The teachers union is the biggest racket and not to mention one of the biggest contributors to Democratic candidates. Hence, the administration reluctance to call them out for what is really going on. So glad my kids are home schooled anyway and I don't have to deal with this fools.

The head of a northern California school board has resigned her position after she and several of her fellow trustees were caught making disparaging remarks about district parents during a Zoom meeting that was accidentally broadcast to the public.

"They want to pick on us because they want their babysitters back," President Lisa Brizendine said during the Wednesday Zoom meeting of the Oakley Union Elementary School District Board of Trustees, a recording of which was posted to Twitter by NBC News Bay Area reporter Bigad Shabad.

Comment

• Dr Fauci says Trump did ‘terrible things’ to him and now has to live under armed security

Donald Trump would do "terrible things" anytime Dr Anthony Fauci disagreed with him publicly, the doctor revealed in a recently released interview.
          The Mr Trump's antagonistic behaviour towards Dr Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, inspired his supporters to do the same. Now, Dr Fauci has to live under the care of armed guards since last April.

During an interview with The Telegraph, Dr Fauci - who became a household name thanks to his press conference appearances in the early days of the coronavirus's spread throughout the US, often times looking dismayed by Mr Trump's comments - said the former president was vindictive and used his loyalists in other government offices to undermine him.

“Like he allowed [White House trade adviser] Peter Navarro to write an editorial in USA Today saying that almost everything I’ve ever said was wrong,” the doctor said. “He allowed the communications department of the White House to send out a list to all of the media, all of the networks, all of the cables, all of the print press, about all of the mistakes I’ve made, which was absolute nonsense because there were no mistakes.”
          Mr Trump's frustration with Dr Fauci quickly became apparent as the doctor regularly contradicted him and quickly became liberal Americans' preferred source of information regarding the pandemic. Dr Fauci became a minor celebrity, while Mr Trump faced mountain of criticism for his botched response to the pandemic.

Eventually, Mr Trump sidelined Dr Fauci, barring him from further public appearances, and replaced him with Dr Scott Atlas, who was loyal to the president.

Mr Atlas had no expertise in infectious diseases and often parroted whatever talking point Mr Trump was pushing at the time.

Dr Fauci - who has worked with six presidents - said Mr Trump was not the first president he struggled to work alongside.

In the 1980's, Dr Fauci was serving under former President Ronald Reagan, and recalled the Republican's reluctance to take the AIDS crisis ravaging the LBGT community seriously.

Even still, Dr Fauci felt his relationship with that president was significantly better than the one he shared with Mr Trump, claiming Mr Reagan "never did anything to obstruct what I was trying to do."

He said Mr Trump's reliance on bunk "science" and insistence on repeating conspiracy theories directly undermined his attempts to let facts guide the country's coronavirus response.
          “I was trying to let science guide our policy, but [Mr Trump] was putting as much stock in anecdotal things that turned out not to be true as he was in what scientists like myself were saying,” Dr Fauci said. “That caused unnecessary and uncomfortable conflict where I had to essentially correct what he was saying, and put me at great odds with his people.”

Mr Trump became fed up with Dr Fauci questioning and correcting him, and disparaged him both privately and publicly.

“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots,” Mr Trump said during a call with his staffers last year. “Fauci is a disaster.

The president also complained about the positive media attention Dr Fauci received.

Near the end of his time in office, Mr Trump - who was still convinced he would have a second term - openly pondered firing Dr Fauci.

Mr Trump's former strategist and ally, Steve Bannon, agreed with the idea and wanted it to be taken an extreme step further; he called for the doctor's head to be posted on a spike outside the White House.

“Now I actually want to go a step farther, but I realize the president is a kind-hearted man and a good man,” Mr Bannon said. “I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England, I’d put the heads on pikes, right, I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you’re gone – time to stop playing games.”

Dr Fauci called the comments "very unusual."
          We dodged a bullet November, 3rd. The sheer irresponsibility of that man continues to amaze me.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Stop talking like a dummy.

You can take off the mask in public around the end of summer.
            Oh, I guess you haven't heard the new statement from your supreme leader and God, dr. Fauci. He said we will be still wearing masks into 2022.

Maybe you will, not me. I'm done with them.

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1804862.html

We dodged a bullet November, 3rd. The sheer irresponsibility of that man continues to amaze me.
              The shear lies of media and power grab of democrat leaders , and the fact that some people still believe that garbage, amaze me.

Comment

• So Biden, Dems and some Republicans wants an income limit for folks to get the wonderful covid stimulus money. Does that not qualify as redistribution of wealth? The biggest tax payers don't get it but the lesser tax payers and non tax payers do.

I'm hating the new world I live in right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Oh, I guess you haven't heard the new statement from your supreme leader and God, dr. Fauci. He said we will be still wearing masks into 2022.

Maybe you will, not me. I'm done with them.
                  I don't think he made the definitive prediction, just that we "could be". I'm with you though, I doubt I'll be wearing one in 2022 unless this pandemic takes a terrible turn for the worst. I'm liking the current trend and hoping with all hope that it continues. We need to get the infections down to a trickle so this bastard alien scourge has fewer opportunities to evolve.

I plan on being mostly mask free by the summer.

Comment

The shear lies of media and power grab of democrat leaders , and the fact that some people still believe that garbage, amaze me.
                    I don't think there are any lies in that article. They may have been presented in a sensationalized manner, but the core message is the same: Trump is/was/will continue to be... nuts.

Comment

So Biden, Dems and some Republicans wants an income limit for folks to get the wonderful covid stimulus money. Does that not qualify as redistribution of wealth? The biggest tax payers don't get it but the lesser tax payers and non tax payers do.

That is how the others worked. I haven't seen a single cent of Covid stimulus money.

Comment

So Biden, Dems and some Republicans wants an income limit for folks to get the wonderful covid stimulus money. Does that not qualify as redistribution of wealth? The biggest tax payers don't get it but the lesser tax payers and non tax payers do.

That isn't stimulus money. It's just handing out money. Most save it and don't run out and spend it. True stimulus might be an infrastructure bill but with all of the money wasted, I'm not for that. If they did it right, they would open up small businesses, target some relief to lower middle class workers and other targeted groups who have been harmed, and maybe a targeted infrastructure bill. But no money to schools who aren't open, governments who closed down, and other democrat hand outs. The Democrat handouts and blue states are where most of the money is going to.

Comment

I don't think there are any lies in that article. They may have been presented in a sensationalized manner, but the core message is the same: Trump is/was/will continue to be... nuts.
                          Its the standard media bias type story that is common in the liberal media.
                          Fouci doesn't have a good record and frequently changes his opinions. Does the article report that, no. Instead they make it sound like "poor dr. Fauci" having to endure " mean Donald Trump"

Is lack of information a lie? I can't answer that myself, but it is definitely biased with a defined target.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

That is how the others worked. I haven't seen a single cent of Covid stimulus money.
                            I've heard that from others as well. But a few of them would have been well below any income limits. One of the reasons I don't want the government taking control of anything other than national and border security, is their records of performance and inflated costs to get anything done. They always spend too much and always under perform.

But this stimulus has tax payer money going out to local and state programs that have nothing to do with covid, but cuts out those who pay 90% of the us taxes collected.
                            To me that redistribution. And finding this new method of redistribution in the name of a pandemic, makes me believe that we will see a pandemic frequently from this point forward.

Comment

Its the standard media bias type story that is common in the liberal media.
                              Fouci doesn't have a good record and frequently changes his opinions. Does the article report that, no. Instead they make it sound like "poor dr. Fauci" having to endure " mean Donald Trump"

Is lack of information a lie? I can't answer that myself, but it is definitely biased with a defined target.
                              You're confused. My prescription for your condition is to take an extended break from wherever you're getting your daily dose of propaganda. Once your head clears a little you may begin to sense the puppeteer, elbow deep inside your arsehole...

Comment

• I’d love to hear Cold’s thoughts on the great Andrew Cuomo.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X