Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    California is (was) an absolute pandemic success story relative to Florida.

Dr. Fauci warned the nation plenty of times the danger of allowing such high baseline levels of infection to persist. Cali never had to happen. Hell, Florida and Texas never had to happen. The only region excused would be the NY/NJ/PA area, considering they had community spread months before even knowing the virus existed. Once it went exponential and the emergency wards began filling up, all they could do was react and bring in the refrigerated trailers. But thanks to the Covidiots running various states in the Midwest, we gave the virus a steady source of unmasked kindling to remain no less than 30,000 new infections burning daily. All it took was a little "wind" and the rest is history. The equivalent of a 9/11 attack pretty much every day through January. Absolutely unbelievable in a nation as advanced as ours. But we weren't acting very advanced last year now were we?

Viva La Logico!
    Logic indeed:

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

What kind of Dummy would say something so ridiculously unproven (either way)? Oh, wait...

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN26T2TR

Comment

• We are moving into the 3-mask era.......

Comment

• More ignoring of the science by Clod...

unplug

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Logic indeed:

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

What kind of Dummy would say something so ridiculously unproven (either way)? Oh, wait...

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN26T2TR
          The guy who said that is a skyscraper above your paygrade on the issue of infectious disease mitigation. His comments came at the onset of the pandemic in America and were carefully worded to balance political pressures from Trump (his boss), inconclusive science on the airborne behavior of the virus at the time, and a thorough understanding of our national healthcare support system, it's lack of PPE reserves, and the prehistoric **** show that would ensue if it failed due to a sudden decline in hospital worker availability.

When Fauci made those comments, there were 22 Covid deaths in the United States.

I'm not even going to suggest you attempt to find reality living inside Trump's arsehole; I'm simply going to suggest you start speaking in an intellectually honest manner. If you'll only do that, then a productive exchange of opinions can begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

A super-spreader would be a cluster of simultaneous infections that have exponential growth characteristics/potential due to multiple social circles involved.

Example: funerals, birthday parties, weddings, church services, etc.

Isolated, lone infections are theoretically easier to be tolerated in a community, but that's debatable when you figure in 40-50% asymptomatic spread. Such a devilish disease.

Another way to look at it would be to flick individual matches onto a pile of dry brush, one at a time, versus tossing the entire burning match pack. Much easier for the "fire" (out-of-control/exponential community spread) to start in the second instance.
            Superspreader = Trump White House for reference.....Just had to post that. Oh, and Wufan, there is plenty of information in the media to back that claim up. I'm not going to post supporting evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Superspreader = Trump White House for reference.....Just had to post that. Oh, and Wufan, there is plenty of information in the media to back that claim up. I'm not going to post supporting evidence.
              Wufan knows that 99.99% of what I've posted on the pandemic is 100% accurate and backed up by of the biggest names in epidemiology. He's merely playing the opposite side of the line of scrimmage reveling in the support of the local indoctrinates (a cheap thrill it must be). Either that or his brain is broke.

P.S. I say 99.99% because to err is human, and last time I checked, I can't fly... yet.

Comment

• Pfizer says new data shows 1 dose is 93% effective after 2 weeks, almost as good as 2 doses. They urge a change in policy to single dosing.

Comment

Superspreader = Trump White House for reference.....Just had to post that. Oh,
                  Or = Biden inauguration or BLM riots...err I mean protests.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Pfizer says new data shows 1 dose is 93% effective after 2 weeks, almost as good as 2 doses. They urge a change in policy to single dosing.
                    Contradicting Pfizer's findings... We'll need this newly released study to survive severe scrutiny before changing procedures.

Comment

• COVID Perspective
                      @covidperspectiv
                      Two letters to the NEJM just published: - Pfizer says new data shows 1 dose is 93% effective after 2 weeks, almost as good as 2 doses. They urge a change in policy to single dosing. - Moderna basically saying their vaccine is good against all variants except possibly S.A.

Comment

You got me! Make a statement of opinion with the express reason of being a dick, then say you can’t see why I think that! I already know what you think and why. You’re an elitist ideologue and marginally racist.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• We’ll Have Herd Immunity by April

Covid cases have dropped 77% in six weeks. Experts should level with the public about the good news.

An opinion article by Dr. Marty Makary Johns Hopkins

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-ha...il-11613669731

Comment

• A part of me wishes that as a society we had enough communal instinct to continue wearing masks in public after the coronavirus crisis ends. It is a small gesture that could save thousands of lives every year, along with helping the economy by keeping people from needing as many sick days. But I'm certain that for many the slight imposition to them outweighs any societal benefits, and the act of masking up is forever conflated with the bad feelings associated with lockdowns, remote schooling, and working from home.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              A part of me wishes that as a society we had enough communal instinct to continue wearing masks in public after the coronavirus crisis ends. It is a small gesture that could save thousands of lives every year, along with helping the economy by keeping people from needing as many sick days. But I'm certain that for many the slight imposition to them outweighs any societal benefits, and the act of masking up is forever conflated with the bad feelings associated with lockdowns, remote schooling, and working from home.
                              Wear a mask if you want. I believe that folks should be allowed to mask in public.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• The pandemic of 1918 lasted about 18 months. Every pandemic has had an end. I’m looking forward to the day when I no longer need to worry about whether I have mask or not. I don’t mind if you do though.

Comment

Working...
                                X