No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda reminds me of Tremors, the only save place is to isolate on a rock in the desert.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Stop. The only patterns that matter are the up and down crayon doodles.
      Just a bit of advice... I play along with the "crayon smack" in a semi-self-deprecating manner. The origin of that story was one where I posted a simple graph, was roundly attacked, and then proven to be 100% correct. In fact, every crayon work-of-art I have submitted has been 100% accurate in "predicting" future infections/deaths. This is no big deal though as anybody with even a basic understanding of technical analysis knows, that higher lows and lower highs define a trend and trillions have been made in the markets for hundreds of years understanding that very basic concept. Coupling simple technical analysis with a serviceable understanding of the fundamental undercurrent influencing prices (or in this case infections and deaths), allows for a very consistent prediction of near to medium-term direction.

But the hubris in your post indicates you may be unwittingly plagiarizing their folly. This is what happens when you piggy-back on the intelligence of others. If you are not fully abreast of the facts, you best be careful when you start carrying their water lest you wind up sharing in the same fate. I mean, if wufan and SB are struggling to keep up, how on earth do you think you will? Better to just ask questions sarcastically or stick to reflexively liking everything they post.

Comment

• Amazingly good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

One governor was blindsided by the equivalent of a biological attack with no time to prepare. The only choice was to react. Another governor was given months to prepare and enjoyed cutting edge medicines and therapies specifically designed for said threat. Care to change your statement?

Not at all. There you go again defending the indefensible. Cuomo is a complete joke and for him to say that he has done a good job when his state has the highest or second highest deaths rate is inexcusable. How can it be Trumps fault that the US "handled" Covid so bad yet Cuomo gets a free pass Clod? He was lazy and did not react properly. He definitely could have and should have seen it coming but was slow to react. Hell, he failed to and actually resisted a stay at home order even when cases were skyrocketing and then ordered sick elderly Covid patients out of hospitals and back to nursing homes. Then he had the audacity to call his response "beautiful" and go on a whirlwind victory tour. As your boy would say, C'mon man!

Comment

https://www.statnews.com/2020/12/21/...t-coronavirus/

The looming questions scientists need to answer about the new variant of the coronavirus

STAT always has the best 'Rona articles. Lots more to read than what I quoted. Scary stuff.
            You do know that several doctors have come out to say that the variant in the UK and Europe really isn't that big of a deal right? The current vaccine covers that variant also. Stop fear-mongering Clod.

Over the weekend, medical experts sought to reassure the public that the variant virus, named VUI – 202012/01 (for “first variant under investigation in December 2020”), would not affect vaccination efforts, which began in the UK and the US this month. One reason is that the virus would have to change substantially to “escape” the current vaccine. Even if it does, vaccines can be adjusted to keep up with shape-shifting pathogens, as is the case with the annual flu shot.

On Sunday, US Surgeon General Jerome Adams said on CBS News’s Face the Nation that there are "no indications" the new variant will impede US vaccination efforts.
            The situation could prove to be a false alarm. Sometimes virus variants appear to seem to spread more easily but in fact are being propelled by luck, like a superspreader event.
            Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; December 23, 2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Oh certainly not. But perhaps now a few more than previously thought along w/ a higher share of children. I hope this isn't the case. An increase in infectiousness can be thought of as more deadly in the context of public consumption.
              50 million dead by the end of February...great. Way to go Trump.

Comment

• Must not be that serious if one of the supposed experts decided have herself a raging Thanksgiving get together right? Or is that just another example of the rules not applying?

Aw, we all feel so sorry for you Dr. Birx. Welcome to everyone elses world you out of touch libtard.

The Associated Press reported that despite her telling others to stay in their immediate household, Birx accompanied by three generations of her family from two households. Birx, her husband Paige Reffe, a daughter, son-in-law and two young grandchildren were present.

"Like many Americans, I am the sole caregiver for my parents," she said in a statement to Fox News. "They live with me in my immediate household in Potomac, where my daughter and her family reside as well. We are all supporting each other and providing for each other during this difficult time."
                "I will have to say this experience has been a bit overwhelming, it's been very difficult on my family, I think what was done in the last week to my family … these are all very difficult things." She said both her daughter and parents hadn’t left the house in 10 months.
                https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bir...nksgiving-trip

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not at all. There you go again defending the indefensible. Cuomo is a complete joke and for him to say that he has done a good job when his state has the highest or second highest deaths rate is inexcusable. How can it be Trumps fault that the US "handled" Covid so bad yet Cuomo gets a free pass Clod? He was lazy and did not react properly. He definitely could have and should have seen it coming but was slow to react. Hell, he failed to and actually resisted a stay at home order even when cases were skyrocketing and then ordered sick elderly Covid patients out of hospitals and back to nursing homes. Then he had the audacity to call his response "beautiful" and go on a whirlwind victory tour. As your boy would say, C'mon man!
                  He did a good job all things considered. His state was one of the first major epicenters of the global pandemic. Most of the deaths in NYC really were China's fault. Regardless of Cuomo's decision-making, he never took the virus lightly. Trump on the other hand mobilized an entire army of deniers and is responsible for 10's, maybe 100's of thousands of deaths because of his poor example. I mean, the entire nation embraced Cuomo during the worst parts of the NY pandemic as the man in charge. Meanwhile Trump was Tweeting pure insanity in hopes of steering the attention back to him. It's all about Trump, always has been, always will be. And now his clown show is over.

Comment

He did a good job all things considered. His state was one of the first major epicenters of the global pandemic. Most of the deaths in NYC really were China's fault. Regardless of Cuomo's decision-making, he never took the virus lightly. Trump on the other hand mobilized an entire army of deniers and is responsible for 10's, maybe 100's of thousands of deaths because of his poor example. I mean, the entire nation embraced Cuomo during the worst parts of the NY pandemic as the man in charge. Meanwhile Trump was Tweeting pure insanity in hopes of steering the attention back to him. It's all about Trump, always has been, always will be. And now his clown show is over.
                    Wrong. He took it extremely lightly and that is why it spiked so hard. He resisted everything until he was forced by the PR machine to act. He was slow to act and there is no denying this. Just look at your grid, it tells the tale.

Btw, if he did such a fantastic job, why are people fleeing NY in droves?

Comment

• This is leadership in hard times. Once Nancy and her trolls got off their butts and actually did something, which was full of fat, Trump tells the house and senate that the stimulus bill doesn't do enough for people and they need to amend it to provide $2,000 rather than the $600 they originally approve and get rid of the pork. Will he get any credit? Doubtful...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ia-senate-race

Comment

But of course it does. You swung and missed... again.
                        Nope.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Just a bit of advice... I play along with the "crayon smack" in a semi-self-deprecating manner. The origin of that story was one where I posted a simple graph, was roundly attacked, and then proven to be 100% correct. In fact, every crayon work-of-art I have submitted has been 100% accurate in "predicting" future infections/deaths. This is no big deal though as anybody with even a basic understanding of technical analysis knows, that higher lows and lower highs define a trend and trillions have been made in the markets for hundreds of years understanding that very basic concept. Coupling simple technical analysis with a serviceable understanding of the fundamental undercurrent influencing prices (or in this case infections and deaths), allows for a very consistent prediction of near to medium-term direction.

But the hubris in your post indicates you may be unwittingly plagiarizing their folly. This is what happens when you piggy-back on the intelligence of others. If you are not fully abreast of the facts, you best be careful when you start carrying their water lest you wind up sharing in the same fate. I mean, if wufan and SB are struggling to keep up, how on earth do you think you will? Better to just ask questions sarcastically or stick to reflexively liking everything they post.
                          Can you post a crayon drawing of the latest Kansas trends just for good measure?

And my God with the like envy.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Wrong. He took it extremely lightly and that is why it spiked so hard. He resisted everything until he was forced by the PR machine to act. He was slow to act and there is no denying this. Just look at your grid, it tells the tale.

Btw, if he did such a fantastic job, why are people fleeing NY in droves?
                            You're bringing strawmen to the party. Most of the urban flight happening right now is because people have been freed from their office prisons.

The virus was circulating in NY for potentially several months before it went parabolic. He had no instruction manual. He attempted to minimize panic at the beginning. But eventually he learned and learned quickly that everything needed to be shut down. Trump never learned.

When you have the kind of population density that NYC "enjoys", it is very hard to stamp out an infection fire once it's widely spread. It's very hard to socially distance when you are living in an old apartment building with hundreds of other families. It's the worst of all scenarios. You'll notice from my diagram (in crayon) that it took roughly 8 weeks for control to be restored. This is the scientifically agreed upon time period necessary for lock downs to take effect and pending deaths to flush out of the infection cycle.

Despite our best efforts in the Midwest to thumb our nose at the virus, we eventually got ours. We should have never gotten ours though. We have all the geographic advantages. But one major obstacle was the clown in the Oval Office who contradicted the advice of the experts on a daily basis.

Comment

• Considering in April when the experts expected 5 million Americans dead by the end of the year, I'd say Trump did a pretty good job.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Stop. The only patterns that matter are the up and down crayon doodles.
                                He wants you to believe the "science", but ignores all scientific norms on how to present data or the math behind it, thus ignoring science.

Comment

Working...
                                X