Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More do as I say Dems not following their own lecturing:

Despite his own warnings about traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock reportedly boarded a plane to Houston Wednesday, as the Colorado capital sees a record spike in coronavirus cases.

Despite his own warnings about traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock reportedly boarded a plane to Houston Wednesday, as the Colorado capital sees a record spike in coronavirus cases.

Hancock first boarded a flight to Houston before heading to Mississippi to meet his wife and visit their daughter, according to local reporting by NBC 9 News.

Minutes before his flight, he posted a message on Twitter warning people to “Pass the potatoes, not COVID,” and advised them to “Host virtual gatherings instead of in-person dinners” and “Avoid travel, if you can.”

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      More do as I say Dems not following their own lecturing:

Despite his own warnings about traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock reportedly boarded a plane to Houston Wednesday, as the Colorado capital sees a record spike in coronavirus cases.

I’m sure he is a Trump supporter, right Cold?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The entire point of Trumpers scouring the earth for evidence of Democratic precautionary hypocrisy is to continue to support their delusion that the pandemic is not real but merely a vehicle by which the Dems will take away their freedom.

The reality is, the Dems make up the vast majority of Covid believers and the Trumpers make up the vast majority of disbelievers/conspiracy theory wackos.

Comment

• I don't know anybody who thinks it is not real

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I don't know anybody who thinks it is not real
            Exactly. Nobody in their right mind is saying it isn't real. That is just a myth perpetrated by the hyper hysterical people who think everyone who gets it will suffer and potentially die, when in fact the numbers now show that 99.8% of people will survive (for reference the flu is 99.9%).

Just like the myth that only 60% of people wear masks. Simply not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I don't know anybody who thinks it is not real
              Clearly the majority of Americans believe there is such a thing as SARS-CoV-2. But the vast majority of Trumpers, as does the man who bears the group's name, do not take it seriously. That is what I mean when I say, Covid is real. These people are easy to identify, they are constantly attacking science, methods of restricting transmission, and Covid-19 reporting. They will take every opposite side of reality (see: Trump propaganda) when the opportunity presents itself. More serious cases of delusionists will be found mask free and when questioned, will invoke "LIBERTY".

Comment

• Case in Point:

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                when in fact the numbers now show that 99.8% of people will survive (for reference the flu is 99.9%).
                The inference here frequently uttered by delusionists is that Covid-19 is 1/10% away from typical influenza in regards to impact on a community and thus should cause comparative civil disruption. The reality is, it is FAR worse than influenza in just about every metric with FAR worse non-death outcomes; i.e., Covid Long-Haulers. And we haven't even a partial grasp on the full complement of the long-term consequences that will eventually become known.

In summarium:

Covid is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  Case in Point:

The inference here frequently uttered by delusionists is that Covid-19 is 1/10% away from typical influenza in regards to impact on a community and thus should cause comparative civil disruption. The reality is, it is FAR worse than influenza in just about every metric with FAR worse non-death outcomes; i.e., Covid Long-Haulers. And we haven't even a partial grasp on the full complement of the long-term consequences that will eventually become known.

In summarium:

Covid is real.
                  And your intelligence and bravado is fake...

Comment

Case in Point:

In summarium:

Covid is real.
                    yeah, I dunno anybody who thinks it's not real

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

And your intelligence and bravado is fake...
                      I would agree that I'm wasting it on here.

But I'm still amused so I persist.

Comment

I would agree that I'm wasting it on here.

But I'm still amused so I persist.
                        You and 1976, two peas in a pod

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          It is indisputable that more people are masking up today than at any time since this began.

Yet it continues to spread.

Science.
                          Bingo. But I'd say masking up for the last 3 months rather than just today (but I know what you mean). I know, because I've had many headaches from wearing a mask up to 10 hours at work. I'm of course excluding people gettin' their freak on at pub crawls. You know, cold and his buddies.

Damn sure more masking up the last 3 months than the first 3 months of this pandemic, when most of the experts, of which fauci was preeminent, were asserting that masks aren't "necessarily" effective. If this topic continues in the basketball forum as it is I will provide many indisputable links too that point to just plain common sense. I will ask again, just in general, not to you Doc, has the median fatality age stayed at 78, or has it gone up? For the most part college kids are not in any kind of dire risk.

And as far as the party ( I know this isn't the political forum, but...) of science goes:

BLM.jpg

I'm guessing most of these people ain't Trump voters, and never will be.
                          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 25, 2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Clearly the majority of Americans believe there is such a thing as SARS-CoV-2. But the vast majority of Trumpers, as does the man who bears the group's name, do not take it seriously. That is what I mean when I say, Covid is real. These people are easy to identify, they are constantly attacking science, methods of restricting transmission, and Covid-19 reporting. They will take every opposite side of reality (see: Trump propaganda) when the opportunity presents itself. More serious cases of delusionists will be found mask free and when questioned, will invoke "LIBERTY".
                            There are so many instances of Democrat leaders caught without masks inside and outside. And that’s not discussing the hundreds/maybe thousand nights of night time riots seen on television in New York, Newark, Philly, DC, Minneapolis, Kenosha, Seattle, LA, SF, Portland, etc. just to name a few cities where riots, arson, and killings have taken place since June 1. Nonetheless, you want to ignore the lefty abuses and pin the blame on the people who support freedom/law and order punishing them by having extreme lockdowns that aren’t based on Science, and put the small businesses out of business and thousands of workers out of a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There are so many instances of Democrat leaders caught without masks inside and outside. And that’s not discussing the hundreds/maybe thousand nights of night time riots seen on television in New York, Newark, Philly, DC, Minneapolis, Kenosha, Seattle, LA, SF, Portland, etc. just to name a few cities where riots, arson, and killings have taken place since June 1. Nonetheless, you want to ignore the lefty abuses and pin the blame on the people who support freedom/law and order punishing them by having extreme lockdowns that aren’t based on Science, and put the small businesses out of business and thousands of workers out of a job.
                              The vast majority of Democrats take the virus seriously (including the protestors). A considerable number of Republicans (perhaps a majority) do not take the virus seriously and continue to consume mass quantities of propaganda in order to support their false reality. Being a Republican myself, I have to live with these unfortunate circumstances.

I don't support extreme lockdowns unless the hospitalizations rise so high that they threaten the stability of the local healthcare system. Then yes, you lock every ****ing thing down because people are going to be dying in the streets soon.

But this doesn't have to happen. Had Covid not been politicized by DONALD TRUMP, we could have fought this pandemic together as a united country and we'd be sitting in much better shape. Only a few months ago, it was a sign that you were a Democrat if you wore a mask. It may still be in some areas without mask mandates. It's absolutely sickening and makes me embarrassed to be part of the same political party that tacitly encourages that stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Cold likes to portray himself to be “independent” or “right leaning” but as he already just did, he ignores your basic points. Lots and lots of hypocrisy going on with the left “believer” side but does Cold call them out on it? Nope. Because it is political to him and no matter how many times he drops the “science” “independent” one-liners, it’s clear to everyone he’s just as hypocritical and biased.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X