Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Really want to know when the death counts and case numbers will return to CNN and MSNBC on a semi-permanent basis in their margin box of info, as they've been almost 24-7 for the last year.

I see they are down now. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt due to inauguration coverage today. We'll see if they return tomorrow.
    Not.a.chance! If they do, it will still be Trump's fault and Joe is just doing the best he can to overcome the "terrible" situation he was left in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I know Clod knows more than anyone else[/URL]
      You're on the right path friend...

An argument could be made that restricting outdoor dining has forced Californians into much less socially distanced house parties. I have no facts to back this up, but the premise is plausible.

My opinion on lockdowns, after taking into context the entire pandemic thus far, is that they are best used at the beginning - and they must be total. During this time citizens will not be socially fatigued and cheating will be minimal. Trying to lock down after almost a year of half measures is what is causing problems now. Most folks simply cannot endure any more isolation.

The mistake was made early on when only parts of the country was locked down and we were never able to gain a significant advantage on the community spread. The areas that locked down did, but then you had Texas, Florida, etc. acting as if nothing was going on. All the while you had scores of asymptomatic people from hot zones fleeing said hot zones to "wait it out" with family and friends unknowing doing the work of the virus by introducing it to new regions.

So all the progress that was gained by the early lock downs (mostly East Coast cities) was wasted as the virus travelled to the Covid Denying Midwest, and then recycled straight back to those original hardest hit areas once they started to reopen. The analogy of only partially putting out a house fire applies here. This is why firefighters stay at the fire site for days sometimes to monitor for flareups. They understand that only a small pile of embers can reignite the site allowing it to spread to new sources of fuel - exactly the same as what has happened in our country.

Poor leadership = poor cooperation = our results.

Comment

Really want to know when the death counts and case numbers will return to CNN and MSNBC on a semi-permanent basis in their margin box of info, as they've been almost 24-7 for the last year.

I see they are down now. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt due to inauguration coverage today. We'll see if they return tomorrow.
        It was said on here that Covid coverage would cease as soon as the election was over. That prediction was incorrect. I suspect predicting that Covid coverage ceasing after the inauguration will also be incorrect. But as I stated weeks ago, the models indicate that we will start trending down after the middle of January. This is no surprise. That doesn't mean we let our guard down. We won't be out of this mess until summer.

The media coverage of the pandemic is perfectly logical, it's literally the news of the century. Any reduction in news coverage over the next couple months could be attributed to viewer interest fading, improving conditions, and an underlying confidence that our government is doing what they should to combat this insidious, infector. The Covid news was fairly friendly toward Trump during the first few months when he acted like it was real. Only when he went FULL retard did they jump on his. They even used to call him a "wartime president". Early on it was all about the virus, then eventually it became all about Trump's incompetence in handling the virus - and they were SPOT ON!

Comment

• Germany kills your reasoning. A lot of things kills your reasonings.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The Covid crisis is gone from MSM. The new President is in. Now Covid facts will be manipulated the other way. The MSM and Dem. resistance to power is now over.

Comment

• Amazon jumped in to help offer distribution assistance on Inauguration Day. What a coincidence? They weren't patriotic the day before, but all at once they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                . But as I stated weeks ago, the models indicate that we will start trending down after the middle of January. This is no surprise.
                You almost sound bummed out to this news.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• One in three COVID vaccine doses *in the world* have been administered in the US If you take out China (which we should b/c their data is completely unreliable), then 42% of all COVID vaccinations have been in the United States...........THANKS TRUMP!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    One in three COVID vaccine doses *in the world* have been administered in the US If you take out China (which we should b/c their data is completely unreliable), then 42% of all COVID vaccinations have been in the United States...........THANKS TRUMP!!
                    Ya, it is certainly going to be interesting to see who shoulders the blame for the inept roll out of the vaccine in certain states. Here in CA it has been atrocious and you look at Florida where it seems to be very simple and going good. You even have people from CA flying to Florida to get it due to the ease. There isn't any Orange Man to blame now so let's see where it falls. Guessing it won't be on Hiden Joe.

Comment

• So OrangeMan, during his last days, lied to us about the availability of vaccines. And when Biden got in the cupboard was empty. Wufan, I told you there would be supply chain issues. Now we are seeing supply chain issues.

Damn, I don't miss OrangeMan at all! I wish he had been gone sooner!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                        So OrangeMan, during his last days, lied to us about the availability of vaccines. And when Biden got in the cupboard was empty. Wufan, I told you there would be supply chain issues. Now we are seeing supply chain issues.

A couple of things: That article is not calling out vaccine supply chain issues. It’s calling out the need for more vaccines. Not sure if you’ve noticed, but it’s ****ING JANUARY! The vaccines were approved for use 6 weeks ago today and 18 million people in the US have been vaccinated. It’s a damned miracle!

If you go back to the supply chain problems you so astutely pointed out, I said it will be March before it’s widely available. Looks like I’m tracking accurately. A single box appropriate for a medium pizza can administer over 1000 vaccinations.

You would ***** about Trump if you scuffed your $500 shoes.

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          A couple of things: That article is not calling out vaccine supply chain issues. It’s calling out the need for more vaccines. Not sure if you’ve noticed, but it’s ****ING JANUARY! The vaccines were approved for use 6 weeks ago today and 18 million people in the US have been vaccinated. It’s a damned miracle!

If you go back to the supply chain problems you so astutely pointed out, I said it will be March before it’s widely available. Looks like I’m tracking accurately. A single box appropriate for a medium pizza can administer over 1000 vaccinations.
                          Come on, man, stop using deep industry expertise to slam the door on the poor guy's political propaganda. He's naked without it.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So OrangeMan, during his last days, lied to us about the availability of vaccines. And when Biden got in the cupboard was empty. Wufan, I told you there would be supply chain issues. Now we are seeing supply chain issues.

The virus is Trump’s fault.
                            Not supplying 300 million people a vaccine shot in a months time is Trump’s fault.
                            Let me guess. Last night’s Chipotle discharge from the colon at 2 in the morning is also Trump’s fault?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You are so triggered. Here is what fauci said yesterday

Still, Fauci said the Trump administration had made some good headway in distributing coronavirus vaccine doses, disputing a CNN report that the Biden administration was starting over from square one.

"We certainly are not starting from scratch," Fauci said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Come on, man, stop using deep industry expertise to slam the door on the poor guy's political propaganda. He's naked without it.
                                hahaha Happy Friday to you, too, Kung!

Comment

Working...
                                X