Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Oh my, Patty Beamer weighs in too…..picking a fight with Bob. 2 libtards arguing over who’s the bigger libtard. Delicious!
    That's Dr. Patty Beamer to you!
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I don't know if he's always been this way, but he's very closed minded and an angry person today. Nobody should be that angry. Not trying to be mean, but early onset dementia can't be ruled out as he seems to lack much of a filter. But I don't know what his baseline is, and he may have always been an arrogant ass.

And I love and appreciate what he's done and continues to do with League 42. That's wonderful work for a great cause.
      My father went to high school with Bob. He's always been an Eeyore. There's a place for that and some of those people I really like.

That said, there has been a dangerous undercurrent of anger flowing through certain professions today, all of which are dominated by college-educated liberals, especially journalism and education. These folks have gone their entire lives never having their beliefs challenged (or never having the threat of having them challenged) at the workplace. They feel free to speak openly to their colleagues about the rubes who don't believe in climate change, vaccine mandates, CRT, or whatever the Marxist cause du jour is. They've always been able to pop off about their beliefs, verbally or in print. Then, when they step out into the world, they are not only shocked to be confronted with an opposing viewpoint (or heaven forbid, alternative forms of media!), they also pitch a fit like a toddler who just spilled the milk carton.

I have a friend who falls under one of those categories, and we haven't spoken in over a year (and I don't foresee things changing) because he's one of the angriest people I know, angry about Trump, COVID, and everything mentioned above. It goes far beyond just benign political views and dictates how he sees the world. Nothing is free from politics anymore.

Also, Bob needs to cool it with the Don Henley look-a-like contest. He's...not succeeding.

lutz.jpg

henley.jpg
      Last edited by Kel Varnsen; December 14, 2021, 04:37 PM.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• These folks all talking about combatting climate change could help their cause tremendously if they could, just once, ever be right about their dire predictions.

I've never heard one pan out to be true. I've heard a bunch that weren't even close.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

My father went to high school with Bob. He's always been an Eeyore. There's a place for that and some of those people I really like.

That said, there has been a dangerous undercurrent of anger flowing through certain professions today, all of which are dominated by college-educated liberals, especially journalism and education. These folks have gone their entire lives never having their beliefs challenged (or never having the threat of having them challenged) at the workplace. They feel free to speak openly to their colleagues about the rubes who don't believe in climate change, vaccine mandates, CRT, or whatever the Marxist cause du jour is. They've always been able to pop off about their beliefs, verbally or in print. Then, when they step out into the world, they are not only shocked to be confronted with an opposing viewpoint (or heaven forbid, alternative forms of media!), they also pitch a fit like a toddler who just spilled the milk carton.

I have a friend who falls under one of those categories, and we haven't spoken in over a year (and I don't foresee things changing) because he's one of the angriest people I know, angry about Trump, COVID, and everything mentioned above. It goes far beyond just benign political views and dictates how he sees the world. Nothing is free from politics anymore.

Also, Bob needs to cool it with the Don Henley look-a-like contest. He's...not succeeding.

lutz.jpg

henley.jpg
          But Don Henley is his baby daddy.b
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            These folks all talking about combatting climate change could help their cause tremendously if they could, just once, ever be right about their dire predictions.

I've never heard one pan out to be true. I've heard a bunch that weren't even close.
            They banned CFCs and the hole in the Ozone quit growing. Not sure if that is causal, but that’s one win claimed.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Climate Change and Global Warming. Current news and data streams about global warming and climate change from NASA.

That thermometer is going straight the **** up!

I think all can agree that global warming is bad regardless of the cause.

It's gonna hit almost 80 on Christmas Eve in Wichita. May not have anything to do with the planet warming, but it's weird nonetheless.

And before anybody shrieks that "MOTHUR NATURRR CAN"T BEE STOPFED!1" Of course it can. Just trigger a sizeable volcano and the world will get cooler for a decade. ;)

Comment

• I actually don't believe that global warming is bad.

Global cooling is much worse for human beings. A warmer planet sustains life much better than cold. Plants thrive in warm weather not cold, (and higher CO2 levels as well)

And given a choice, I would rather have 80 degree christmas than 0 degree Christmas every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  I actually don't believe that global warming is bad.

Global cooling is much worse for human beings. A warmer planet sustains life much better than cold. Plants thrive in warm weather not cold, (and higher CO2 levels as well)

And given a choice, I would rather have 80 degree christmas than 0 degree Christmas every year.
                  Yes, given a choice between warming and cooling, cooling would be far more devastating.

General warming is good for some regions and bad for others. Climate changes and we have the ability to adapt. We should be adapting.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

It's gonna hit almost 80 on Christmas Eve in Wichita. May not have anything to do with the planet warming, but it's weird nonetheless.

And before anybody shrieks that "MOTHUR NATURRR CAN"T BEE STOPFED!1" Of course it can. Just trigger a sizeable volcano and the world will get cooler for a decade. ;)
                    Only got up to 72, 11 degrees short of the record, which was 83 in 1955.

1955? Didn’t realize global warming was so troubling way back then.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Only got up to 72, 11 degrees short of the record, which was 83 in 1955.

1955? Didn’t realize global warming was so troubling way back then.
                      If it doesn't fit the narrative, it's not brought up. Come on Fev, you know the rules!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

They banned CFCs and the hole quit growing.
                        My cousin Shirley stopped bangin the entire football team and she got the same results

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

My cousin Shirley stopped bangin the entire football team and she got the same results
                          Spiked Eggnog?

Comment

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

It was in the 50's for highs here in San Diego with rain. Should I be concerned about "global warming"?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

It was in the 50's for highs here in San Diego with rain. Should I be concerned about "global warming"?
                              I don't know, should you?

Comment

I don't know, should you?
                                The answer is not only no, but hell no.

Comment

Working...
                                X