Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I said more than that. The extremists are saying that in a decade, we will not be able to come back from the climate crisis. They are drinking the koolaide. Are you? If you are not drinking the koolaide, what are you saying? That article you quoted was pointing to doom. Are you?

i don’t think that man has that much control over global warming. The world has warmed in the past, and it will warm again in the future. Maybe that’s too simple, but it’s the best I can do.
    I only posted the article for yours and anyone else's viewing pleasure, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I only posted the article for yours and anyone else's viewing pleasure, nothing more, nothing less.
      It’s the same article every year. We’ve passed the point of no return annually for a generation and will continue to do so for the next ten years.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• I'm the guy you need to thank for this cool morning. I sent ten bucks to Paris yesterday..............

Comment

• I recently heard that China has the market cornered on lithium mining (shocking I know). So what is the US response? Lets build our own gigantic lithium mining operation in the Oregon and Nevada desert to offset this. I am guessing this mining operation will be 100% carbon neutral and won't use any fossil fuels right??

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            I recently heard that China has the market cornered on lithium mining (shocking I know). So what is the US response? Lets build our own gigantic lithium mining operation in the Oregon and Nevada desert to offset this. I am guessing this mining operation will be 100% carbon neutral and won't use any fossil fuels right??
            You forgot about they will have to also protect the Utah prairie dog and the dwarf bear-poppy.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Maybe the funniest gif you ever posted! :)
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Don't worry boys, the national oil companies of Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Venezuela will keep the fossil fuels flowing even if we tax our fossil fuel companies out of existence in the West.
                  Norway going all electric is a bit of hypocrisy given that their North Sea fields are still producing all out.

Comment

• Is it hypocrisy or just good business? Norway is a smaller country that may be able to meet the needs of its people in greener ways. Good for them. That doesn't mean they should completely end their oil revenue as others still need it.

I don't see the US ever being able to go completely off of fossil fuels unless we stop blocking/restricting new nuclear options or other green avenues become insanely more efficient.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Fossil fuels are powering the lifesaving generators in Louisiana right now. Not wind turbines or solar panels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Is it hypocrisy or just good business? Norway is a smaller country that may be able to meet the needs of its people in greener ways. Good for them. That doesn't mean they should completely end their oil revenue as others still need it.

I don't see the US ever being able to go completely off of fossil fuels unless we stop blocking/restricting new nuclear options or other green avenues become insanely more efficient.
                        I think that most of us agree that there are better, more thoughtful, and less painful ways to ween Americans off of fossil fuels (although it might be a little bit slower), than to force $3.50-$5.00 per gallon gas pump prices (maybe higher than that before Biden's done), and take away good paying fossil fuel jobs by stopping the pipeline, and seriously curbing small oil companies from making a living, while in the meantime, the U.S. economy becomes dependent on foreign oil once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I think that most of us agree that there are better, more thoughtful, and less painful ways to ween Americans off of fossil fuels (although it might be a little bit slower), than to force $3.50-$5.00 per gallon gas pump prices (maybe higher than that before Biden's done), and take away good paying fossil fuel jobs by stopping the pipeline, and seriously curbing small oil companies from making a living, while in the meantime, the U.S. economy becomes dependent on foreign oil once again.
                          I don’t think we need to ween off of fossil fuels. Energy is a great place to instill diversity! Lots of energy anyway you can make it is the key to human prosperity. Human prosperity is the cure for human suffering.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Fossil fuels are powering the lifesaving generators in Louisiana right now. Not wind turbines or solar panels.
                            This is a very true story. Luckily mine is natural gas or I would have to be in line like so many filling gas cans.

Comment

• Comment

• There are tons of graphs that correlate controlled burns to less overall burned acreage in the last 100 years.

Someone needs to start teaching science in California.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X