Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    When crude oil goes to $400, then all the renewables become cost-competitive. Otherwise they cost far to much to even day dream about.
    With 7MW wind turbines on the way, and 2.3MW turbines becoming the standard wind is very competitive already with Coal in some regions and will become even more competitive as time goes on.

You're right, there is no replacement for the efficiency and cheapness of Crude Oil.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I think the other issue that some have is that it's now Climate Change when a handful of years ago it was Global Warming. Once the numbers came out to show the earth wasn't continuing to warm like they thought they changed the terminology. And some 40 or so years ago these same people were claiming that Global Cooling was going to be the destruction of the planet and man was at fault.
      This is a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        With 7MW wind turbines on the way, and 2.3MW turbines becoming the standard wind is very competitive already with Coal in some regions and will become even more competitive as time goes on.

You're right, there is no replacement for the efficiency and cheapness of Crude Oil.
        It is all taxpayer-funded

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Serious. Gasoline and Crude oil is actually a pretty efficient fuel.

Comment

I'm for riding bicycles to work. But i'm sure as hell not in favor of the government forcing me to do so!

Comment

The main thing going for both sides of the climate debate is that if you pick a small or large enough time scale you can prove that Climate Change exists, or that Climate Change does not exist.

The majority of the general, uninformed public doesn't realize this (not you guys).
                Climate is constantly changing. The "average" climate is a fallacy. The "average" is made up of extremes and that "average" is constantly moving. It not like flipping a coin where if you flip it enough it going to come up 50/50 heads/tails.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Climate is constantly changing. The "average" climate is a fallacy. The "average" is made up of extremes and that "average" is constantly moving. It not like flipping a coin where if you flip it enough it going to come up 50/50 heads/tails.
                  I should have used the term warming in the last century.

Yes, climate is always changing. Heck we use 30 year normals to determine the average high/low for an area and those will change again with the newest normal of 1991-2020.

I don't have time to sit here and type everything that is on my mind regarding this topic, as I am sure I will type myself into a circle, but it's always important to place climate data in the right context regarding the forces on the climate.

A lot of these climate changes over time have to deal with extreme forcing mechanisms, and it's a good thing to ask if those same forcing mechanisms are acting on the climate now.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Nobody says climate change doesn't exist. Climates change, it's part of the natural evolution of things. The argument is if man is the cause or not. Some think we're the devil and others believe it's a natural cycle that we do very little or nothing to contribute to the effects on the weather.
                    There are some that will say there can't be climate change because they believe the Earth isn't old enough. These are the ones that believe in a Young Earth. I'm more of an Old Earth believer, so I think there's been plenty of time for the Earth to go through many cycles of hot and cold. Now whether humans are causing things to change faster one way or the other is anyone's guess.

There is one climate change that we can be sure would be caused by humans, and that would be Nuclear winter.

Comment

• My brain is heating up from reading all of these varying and constantly changing concrete facts causing me to dispel large amounts of methane gasses into the surrounding environment which of course as we all know today, but may not be true tomorrow, not only compounds the warming effect, but can result in serious irritation to nasal membranes.

Comment

• Scientists pushed to hide data
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Fox and their agenda,
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• They got it from the AP. Does that mean the AP has an agenda too?
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Climate Report: Heating of Earth's surface has slowed in the past 15 years. This, despite the fact that there are much more greenhouse gasses in the air...

Obama and the EPA are still about to force us to pay more for electricity with their new anti-coal plan to be announced today.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X