2008 Royals - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Oh.. and I hate to say it.. but the Royals have lost 2 in a row now.
    So have the Red Sox, Tigers, Mariners, Nationals, Mets, Phillies, Astros, Giants and Rockies. You can't win the pennant in April, but you can lose it, and right now the Royals aren't losing it. Out of all those teams listed above, the Royals are still in 1st place in their division. Also, all of those teams are still on a losing streak, unlike the Royals. 8)
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
      Originally posted by SubGod22
      I got excited when I saw the game was supposed to be on this afternoon. Then I turned it over and saw Big 12 gymnastics..... Talk about disappointing
      yup thank worthless cox for that one
      I got to see most of it. Tomko wasn't great, but just good enough to be lucky, which I guess is what you hope to get from your #5 starter.

Soria was sick, sick, nasty in his inning. That was an absolute pleasure to watch. Ramirez looked pretty good. Mahay was decent.

Butler continues to look like a batting champion at the plate.

Comment

• Im getting to see Pettite and Bale.

I really wish it was either Banny or Prozack

Oh well at least I can ramble off a bunch of mis-spoke quips and it have some relevance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          The media ARE yankee fans.
          The media only covers what people want to see. Sorry.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
            Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Oh.. and I hate to say it.. but the Royals have lost 2 in a row now.
            So have the Red Sox, Tigers, Mariners, Nationals, Mets, Phillies, Astros, Giants and Rockies. You can't win the pennant in April, but you can lose it, and right now the Royals aren't losing it. Out of all those teams listed above, the Royals are still in 1st place in their division. Also, all of those teams are still on a losing streak, unlike the Royals. 8)
            My whole point is that it's a little too early to be getting excited about the Royals or any team for that matter, but especially the Royals because they they have proven over the course of two decades now that fast starts don't equate to much of anything beyond July.

My God.. I'll just stop raining on the parade already. I might be back later to let you know that I told ya so..

Go Royals! Wooo.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
              I got excited when I saw the game was supposed to be on this afternoon. Then I turned it over and saw Big 12 gymnastics..... Talk about disappointing
              Cox is only showing Tuesday`s game out of the 3 game series with Yankees. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                The media ARE yankee fans.
                The media only covers what people want to see. Sorry.
                The media only covers what it thinks the people want to see.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My whole point is that it's a little too early to be getting excited about the Royals or any team for that matter, but especially the Royals because they they have proven over the course of two decades now that fast starts don't equate to much of anything beyond July.

First the bold part is false.

The Royals started getting bad id say late 90's. So 1 decade would be correct.

Secondly the first before the bold is true/false. While it is only april ITS NEVER TO EARLY TO BE EXCITED ABOUT A TEAM THAT YOU LIKE/FOLLOW. Thats part of being a fan.

and the part behind the bold is true I cant really say much about it.

And if you dont believe the media has agendas on things they cover then you need to get out of the house more. Sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                    The media's sole purpose is to report on things people take interest in. If no one was interested in the Yankees, for example, they'd stop covering them. It's strictly their job.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      The media's sole purpose is to report on things people take interest in. If no one was interested in the Yankees, for example, they'd stop covering them. It's strictly their job.
                      Umm... No.

The media reports what they THINK we want to hear, or sometimes whatever the heck they want to talk about. Sports talk radio is especially bad at that.

If the media reported only on what people take interest in, Stephen A. Smith and Colin Cowherd would both be unemployed.
                      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                      Students > Alumni
                      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                        First the bold part is false.

The Royals started getting bad id say late 90's. So 1 decade would be correct.
                        I'll compromise. When the Royals became affiliated with the Wranglers, which I believe was in 1994 or 1995, they tanked. So we'll say a decade and a half.. even though they haven't made it to the playoffs since 1985.. I think.

Secondly the first before the bold is true/false. While it is only april ITS NEVER TO EARLY TO BE EXCITED ABOUT A TEAM THAT YOU LIKE/FOLLOW. Thats part of being a fan.
                        I guess.. but you're just setting yourself up. Until they can actually prove they can translate early success to later success, I don't see how you can be all riled up.. over and over and over and over again.. But I guess that's just me.

And if you dont believe the media has agendas on things they cover then you need to get out of the house more. Sorry
                        Agendas? Once again, the media only covers what the majority of people want to see. That's how they make their living. It serves them no purpose to cover something no one cares nothing about. They'd be out of business. I can't help the fact that you fall in the minority of something you don't like seeing. Sorry.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by fastbow
                          Umm... No.

The media reports what they THINK we want to hear, or sometimes whatever the heck they want to talk about. Sports talk radio is especially bad at that.

If the media reported only on what people take interest in, Stephen A. Smith and Colin Cowherd would both be unemployed.
                          But yet you continually listen to the sports talk radio and probably continually tune into Smith and Cowherd. You may not agree with them, but you continue to tune into them. And that's the point.

If no one listened or cared enough to watch or listen, they wouldn't be reporting it.

This isn't rocket science.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Man, i'd love to see the Johnson County Yankees Fan-club go home crying. I despise them.

Comment

• Comment

• A thing of beauty is a joy forever
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X