• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 ERA in MLB baby!!!!
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
      I've got 98.7 on and am enjoying every minute of it. Than Yanks are on their 4th pitcher for some reason. I didn't join the game until sometime in the 3rd inning and they were on pitcher number 2.
      Here's the reason: With rain expected in Kansas City, manager Joe Girardi decided to use relievers to start the game in hopes of bringing in starter Ian Kennedy after what he thought was an imminent rain delay. The rain materialized, but the delay never did.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Yeah but then they turn around and through Ian Kennedy in there in relief.

Oh well.

Im going to stop by dollar general or soemthing and pickup a broom for tomorrows game.

Should be fun.

6-2!!

Comment

• Originally posted by McShocker
          I almost hate to say anything for fear of jinxing them, but the pitching staff has been incredible so far. We are 5% of the way through the season and we have had the best staff in the majors up to this point. I am pretty confident that Bannister, Greinke, and Soria can be really good all year, but I really hope the rest of the guys can at least approach their current level for the rest of the year. If (really big if) the pitching staff keeps their collective ERA around 4, we might contend this year. BTW, the team ERA is currently around 2.5.
          I guess I wasn't giving them enough credit. The team ERA is actually 2.25.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by martymoose
            ooops... How's that ride as a Yankee fan going right now?
            8 games in. Season's over. The world should end now.
            Only 9 games into the season and they worst team in MLB has won at least 2 of 3 from the best team of all time. Is the world ending yet...? I love Yankee fans. :yahoo:

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose
              Originally posted by ShockerFever
              ooops... How's that ride as a Yankee fan going right now?
              8 games in. Season's over. The world should end now.
              Only 9 games into the season and they worst team in MLB has won at least 2 of 3 from the best team of all time. Is the world ending yet...? I love Yankee fans. :yahoo:
              Perhaps you may have quickly forgotten how bad April and May was for the Yanks last year, and then seeing the end result.

The Royals are gonna win the pennant. No doubt about it.

I love Royal fans. :yahoo:

(The funny thing is I don't hate the Royals. I just know what's gonna happen. Enjoy the early ride. To true Royal fans: congrats on the two wins.)

Marty, you should at least pick a team to represent so you don't look so weak. You're obviously not a Royals fan, but just a Yankee hater. At least man up, and claim a team, so you don't look like a pansy.. :good:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Yeah, you're right...LOL Actually, I probably saw more games at Kaufman Stadium in the last two years than you'll see at Yankee Stadium in your life time.

Most Yankee fans hop on the band wagon at a young age, so it's hard to blame them. Or, maybe you grew up in New York, in which case I apoligize for busting your chops.

Every single post of yours in this thread has been trashing the Royals or posters who support the Royals in some way or another.... Give it a rest, start a Yankee thread and leave everyone here alone, you're getting rather annoying. BTW, there isn't such a thing as a "True" Yankee fan outside of NY, just front runner fans, and it seems you're leading the pack.

Comment

Yeah, you're right...LOL Actually, I probably saw more games at Kaufman Stadium in the last two years than you'll see at Yankee Stadium in your life time.
                  You're probably right. I've been there 3 times and hope to make it a 4th before it gets shut down.

You may have the slight advantage though being a fan of a team who's a 2 1/2 hour drive away as opposed to me being a fan of a team who's around 2000 miles away.

Most Yankee fans hop on the band wagon at a young age, so it's hard to blame them. Or, maybe you grew up in New York, in which case I apoligize for busting your chops.
                  Nope.. didn't grow up in New York. I've been here all of my life.

Do you watch the NBA at all? What's your favorite NBA team?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So far, you're two posts in this thread haven't even been about the Royals, or baseball in general, but about me and the team I have a rooting interest in.

I think you care more about my team than you do for yours.. :clap: :yes:
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by McShocker
                      Originally posted by McShocker
                      I almost hate to say anything for fear of jinxing them, but the pitching staff has been incredible so far. We are 5% of the way through the season and we have had the best staff in the majors up to this point. I am pretty confident that Bannister, Greinke, and Soria can be really good all year, but I really hope the rest of the guys can at least approach their current level for the rest of the year. If (really big if) the pitching staff keeps their collective ERA around 4, we might contend this year. BTW, the team ERA is currently around 2.5.
                      I hope we can find a 4th/5th starter. Maybe Hideo Nomo is the answer..... But seriously, we need a 4th/5th starter. I don't trust Bale or Tomko in the long run. Or even in the short run.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
                        I hope we can find a 4th/5th starter. Maybe Hideo Nomo is the answer..... But seriously, we need a 4th/5th starter. I don't trust Bale or Tomko in the long run. Or even in the short run.
                        hopefully Hoechever does well in Omaha and we can bring him up in like June or so.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          You may have the slight advantage though being a fan of a team who's a 2 1/2 hour drive away as opposed to me being a fan of a team who's around 2000 miles away.
                          So I call your bluff and now you make excuses... :good:

Do you watch the NBA at all? What's your favorite NBA team?
                          Sorry, don't much care for the NBA. Some times I'll watch the playoffs and maybe pick a team to cheer for, but I really don't have any favorites.

So far, you're two posts in this thread haven't even been about the Royals, or baseball in general, but about me and the team I have a rooting interest in.

I think you care more about my team than you do for yours..
                          Actually I just noticed this thread yesterday, hence my first post in it. I got tired of reading your crap a couple pages in... which was well before KC's series with NY began.

I think this picture pretty much hits the nail on the head... Read it carefully, because it sums you up perfectly.

Comment

So I call your bluff and now you make excuses... :good:
                            LOL.. How silly of me? I mean since I'm a 25 year old loaded with all kinds of cash, I should spend the five grand or so in airfare to make 10 or so games in NY. But since I'm selfish with my finances, I should not be called a fan.

I think you care more about my team than you do for yours..
                            Quoted again for emphasis.

I think this picture pretty much hits the nail on the head... Read it carefully, because it sums you up perfectly.

That was cute Marty. Do you have a stockpile of anti-Yankee images loaded into your computer? Does your jealousy/hatred for them really motivate you that much in life?

I bet you couldn't even name half of the Royals' starters. All you are is a person with the holier than thou attitude who's only argument is hating a team just because. Period. You've swayed on both sides of the fence with KU and their fans and now here with the Royals and Yankees. Make up your mind already. You're portraying the face of a two-faced willy-washer.. :clap:
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Why does shockerfever seem to have personal issues with a bunch of us?

Seriously. It's just baseball. Not even Shocker baseball...
                              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                              Students > Alumni
                              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by fastbow
                                Why does shockerfever seem to have personal issues with a bunch of us?

Seriously. It's just baseball. Not even Shocker baseball...
                                Who says I have personal issues?

Oh ya.. you did.

Maybe you should be lecturing Marty McFly on it 'just being baseball'.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X