2008 Royals - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
    I say we should start by giving Banny Soria Butler and Gordon NICE sized med to long term deals. Definently no less than 5 years.

"You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
      You must have only been following the Royals for the last 10 years or so.
      That was cute. :clap:

Didn't take me that long to figure out how to use spell check though.
      Im not sure what you needed spell check for.
      Either way you said short life. The Royals have only really been horrible since the late 90's to now. Iknow your not 10/11 years old haha
      The spell check statement was just a generalization, not for anything in that specific post.

They've been mediocre to horrible for a while now. When was the last time the Royals made the playoffs? How many winning seasons have they had since their last playoff appearance?

I know it's hard to believe, but I want the Royals to do good. Just after 3 games, well.. :roll: I think it's a touch premature.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
        Originally posted by Shocker85
        Did I just wake-up is some dreamworld? The Royals are UNDEFEATED!!!

--'85.
        The season is 1.9% over. Just saying..

Sorry for the negativity guys, but after following the Royals all of my relatively short life, it's just inevitable on what's going to happen. I just have to laugh at some of you, because only Royal fans would get this excited after the first 3 games of the season.

Nice sweep anyhow. I guess I can see you might as well get excited now before it all disappears.
        -Its 1.9% over, but the Royals are the only MLB team undefeated. Just saying...

-After seeing what the Rockies did last year after 7 years prior of terrible baseball it isn't inevitable on what's going to happen.

-I just have to laugh at you, because Tigers fans are worried about this season - after the first 3 games of the season. From their message board:

"Some major changes need to be made."
        "I have been trying to stay positive through the first week of the season but now I am beginning to worry."
        "I admit it. I'm concerned."
        "Wow. Tigs are just...BRUTAL." and a reply "Tough to argue with you there dude. You won't find anybody disagreeing with you."

-It was a good sweep, thanks for the congratulations. The last time the Royals started off 3-0 they finished 83-79 and were in the playoff hunt for most of the season.

Would you like to be Capitan Negative anymore? I'm sure I can counter everything you say with something positive.
        Was anything I said really that unreasonable? Is it really that hard to imagine this being a blur and the Royals take their typical April-May tank? Was I really being that out of line?

I summarized the jiff of my feelings in the post above this one. I want the Royals to do good, but I just think people are getting a little too exited over 3 games in a 162 game season. But then again, that's how bad and desperate most Royal fans have been that the first 3 games of the season and the 'Major League' leaders are actually meaningful to them right now. Would BoSox or Yankee fans be this wild about this kinda start?

Anyways, I'm just gonna play the wait and see game.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You must have only been following the Royals for the last 10 years or so.
          That was cute. :clap:

Didn't take me that long to figure out how to use spell check though.
          Im not sure what you needed spell check for.
          Either way you said short life. The Royals have only really been horrible since the late 90's to now. Iknow your not 10/11 years old haha
          The spell check statement was just a generalization, not for anything in that specific post.

They've been mediocre to horrible for a while now. When was the last time the Royals made the playoffs? How many winning seasons have they had since their last playoff appearance?

I know it's hard to believe, but I want the Royals to do good. Just after 3 games, well.. :roll: I think it's a touch premature.
          I think you're getting me all wrong here.

I dont think anybodys jumping overboard. theres still a 158 games to be played and currently the Royals 3-1. The last time that happend was in 03 and before that was the mid 90's.

Just no reason to go off the edge because people are happy about a 3-1 start.

Comment

Was anything I said really that unreasonable? Is it really that hard to imagine this being a blur and the Royals take their typical April-May tank? Was I really being that out of line?

I summarized the jiff of my feelings in the post above this one. I want the Royals to do good, but I just think people are getting a little too exited over 3 games in a 162 game season. But then again, that's how bad and desperate most Royal fans have been that the first 3 games of the season and the 'Major League' leaders are actually meaningful to them right now. Would BoSox or Yankee fans be this wild about this kinda start?

Anyways, I'm just gonna play the wait and see game.
            Well, I'm going to live it up. Royals 161-1!
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Back to reality:

Justin Morneau hit his first home run of the season and drove in four runs, and Livan Hernandez won his second straight start for the Minnesota Twins, a 6-4 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                Back to reality:

Justin Morneau hit his first home run of the season and drove in four runs, and Livan Hernandez won his second straight start for the Minnesota Twins, a 6-4 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday
                160-2!
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I blame this one on Hillman. Why would you put Olivo behind the plate over Buck to catch Meche? I bet we don't see that happen too often from here on out.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Would BoSox or Yankee fans be this wild about this kinda start?
                    Yes. We'd wouldn't hear the end of it until mid-season. I refer to last year's Yankees...

If their start was bad, we'd hear all season about it. If it was good, we'd hear how they've been on fire all season. If it started good and they collapsed, they'd drop a Royals-Twins midday game on ESPN for a Sportscenter special on the Yankees/BoSox collapse. If they start bad and end good, they're the amazing comeback team....

They might not be wild about it, but they wouldn't shut up about it either...
                    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                    Students > Alumni
                    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by fastbow
                      Yes. We'd wouldn't hear the end of it until mid-season. I refer to last year's Yankees...

If their start was bad, we'd hear all season about it. If it was good, we'd hear how they've been on fire all season. If it started good and they collapsed, they'd drop a Royals-Twins midday game on ESPN for a Sportscenter special on the Yankees/BoSox collapse. If they start bad and end good, they're the amazing comeback team....

No.. that would be the media, not the Yankee fans.

I can't help it that the media has an infatuation with them.

The only time Yankee fans would get riled up about a 3-0 record would be in the middle of a playoff series.

Oh.. and I hate to say it.. but the Royals have lost 2 in a row now.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        Originally posted by fastbow

No.. that would be the media, not the Yankee fans.

I can't help it that the media has an infatuation with them.

The only time Yankee fans would get riled up about a 3-0 record would be in the middle of a playoff series.

Oh.. and I hate to say it.. but the Royals have lost 2 in a row now.
                        The media ARE yankee fans.

And we are well aware of the 2 loses in a row. As they have already been posted about in this thread.

Comment

• I got excited when I saw the game was supposed to be on this afternoon. Then I turned it over and saw Big 12 gymnastics..... Talk about disappointing
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I got excited when I saw the game was supposed to be on this afternoon. Then I turned it over and saw Big 12 gymnastics..... Talk about disappointing
                            yup thank worthless cox for that one
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• wow looking at the stats, Tomko only allowed 6 hits in 5 shutout innings, i would take that anyday out of our 5 pitcher. Your next Yanks!
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Banny pitches Tuesday. Can't wait to see what he does against the Evil Empire
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X