No announcement yet.

2008 Royals - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason we're so excited is that usually by this point we're already two games back and about two weeks from being effectively out of the playoff picture.

Back in 2003 we were wondering how, with the pitching (or lack of) that team had, they could be winning all those games.

This year, we know why. We actually have good front-of-the-rotation starters and a pretty solid lineup. And it was done against what is arguably the best offense in the American League.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Originally posted by Shocker85
      Did I just wake-up is some dreamworld? The Royals are UNDEFEATED!!!

--'85.
      The season is 1.9% over. Just saying..

Sorry for the negativity guys, but after following the Royals all of my relatively short life, it's just inevitable on what's going to happen. I just have to laugh at some of you, because only Royal fans would get this excited after the first 3 games of the season.

Nice sweep anyhow. I guess I can see you might as well get excited now before it all disappears.
      You must have only been following the Royals for the last 10 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        That was cute. :clap:

Didn't take me that long to figure out how to use spell check though.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          That was cute. :clap:

Didn't take me that long to figure out how to use spell check though.
          Im not sure what you needed spell check for.
          Either way you said short life. The Royals have only really been horrible since the late 90's to now. Iknow your not 10/11 years old haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
            Did I just wake-up is some dreamworld? The Royals are UNDEFEATED!!!

--'85.
            The season is 1.9% over. Just saying..

Sorry for the negativity guys, but after following the Royals all of my relatively short life, it's just inevitable on what's going to happen. I just have to laugh at some of you, because only Royal fans would get this excited after the first 3 games of the season.

Nice sweep anyhow. I guess I can see you might as well get excited now before it all disappears.
            -Its 1.9% over, but the Royals are the only MLB team undefeated. Just saying...

-After seeing what the Rockies did last year after 7 years prior of terrible baseball it isn't inevitable on what's going to happen.

-I just have to laugh at you, because Tigers fans are worried about this season - after the first 3 games of the season. From their message board:

"Some major changes need to be made."
            "I have been trying to stay positive through the first week of the season but now I am beginning to worry."
            "I admit it. I'm concerned."
            "Wow. Tigs are just...BRUTAL." and a reply "Tough to argue with you there dude. You won't find anybody disagreeing with you."

-It was a good sweep, thanks for the congratulations. The last time the Royals started off 3-0 they finished 83-79 and were in the playoff hunt for most of the season.

Would you like to be Capitan Negative anymore? I'm sure I can counter everything you say with something positive.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I bet if they had started 0-3 nobody would be on here saying it is just 3 games, most people would be like here we go again, so everyone should be excited about the 3-0 start. I don't really think the Royals are going to be playing the Nationals in the World Series, I was kidding. I really think the Royals will be playing the Pirates :D :D .
              THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

I think the saying goes, "you can't win a pennant in April, but you sure can lose one".

KC fans are used to being out of it by the end of April. And I like to break things down into smaller pieces. As such, I'm looking at this as 3 games out of 27.

If we haven't lost the pennant by the end of April, it means we're still in it.

Comment

A buddy of mine was in Vegas a couple weeks ago and put $100 on the Royals to win the Pennant...pays $10,000. His investment is looking a little better right now.

Comment

I think the Royals have enough young talent that it is not unreasonable to think they might contend in the next 2-3 years. The longer they can stay in the race in the season or two leading up to that point, the better experience they are going to get. My hope is to be in contention through June this year, August next year, and September the year after. With some good luck, and few more good moves by Dayton Moore, maybe we can dream about the post-season again.

Comment

The thing about baseball is that so much can happen over 162 games.

What if Detroit continues to struggle for a month or two and falls 12-15 games back by June?

What if Sabathia and Hafner or Sizemore get injured and miss a sizable chunk of the season?

What if KC stays relatively healthy and continues to get good starts from the rotation?

Is it then that outrageous to think KC could luck into an AL Central title?

I know it's not likely, but it's all of those "what ifs" that make at least the first half of the baseball season fun, even for a Royals fan.

Comment

Luck was agaisnt us a few years back when we had that nice start. We had to deal with a lot of injuries down the stretch and a number of them were pitchers. With the talent in the lineup I like our chances to be competitive and finish 3rd. That's what I'm looking for this year, but hoping for a lot more. I like our top 4 pitchers at the moment. Not so sure about the 5th spot. I think they should have left Hochevar there. But the top3 are definitely solid and can win games. There's no reason not to be excited about the season. Many of us were quite excited over the winter as it were.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If this 2008 team is going to be a team that can atleast win 3rd place in AL Central, are the Royals going to put up money to keep them in KC??? That`s always been an issue that`s turned me off about Royals. As an organization they get good draft picks & spend time developing talent. After that the player gets good then leaves for more money.

Comment

well i hope so, since the city of KC is paying for the renovations of Kauffmen stadium
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think one reason money wasn't spent was because of leadership and the lack of confidence. As soon as Moore was hired things have changed. They're not going to throw money around but I expect them to be more like what the Twins and A's have been. Draft well and keep the ones you can. If there's someone ready to replace them and they're gonna be way too expensive you deal with it.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I say we should start by giving Banny Soria Butler and Gordon NICE sized med to long term deals. Definently no less than 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X