2008 Royals - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SekShocker
    What happens when DeJesus comes back? I know Gathright's average is a little low, but I really like what he brings to the table and the way it seems Trey is letting him run the bases, in fact I like the aggressiveness of this team as far as baserunning goes period. So does DeJesus automatically go back to center and Gathright gets spot starts and late inning pinch running or what? I know it might not matter for awhile if Guillen's suspension is upheld.
    I like what Gathright has been doing, but with DeJesus' ability to actually produce extra-base hits, I would think it's at least a wash offensively. And with how DJ showed more ability to take a walk in Spring Training he might be a big upgrade.

As for defense, again, probably a wash. DJ gets better jumps and reads on the ball, but JG's speed works well, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Originally posted by SekShocker
      What happens when DeJesus comes back? I know Gathright's average is a little low, but I really like what he brings to the table and the way it seems Trey is letting him run the bases, in fact I like the aggressiveness of this team as far as baserunning goes period. So does DeJesus automatically go back to center and Gathright gets spot starts and late inning pinch running or what? I know it might not matter for awhile if Guillen's suspension is upheld.
      I like what Gathright has been doing, but with DeJesus' ability to actually produce extra-base hits, I would think it's at least a wash offensively. And with how DJ showed more ability to take a walk in Spring Training he might be a big upgrade.

As for defense, again, probably a wash. DJ gets better jumps and reads on the ball, but JG's speed works well, too.
      What if they decided to trade one of them? Who would you rather see them trade? IMO DeJesus would bring more in a trade for the reasons you listed above, especially his ability to produce more extra-base hits.
      THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by SekShocker
        Originally posted by RoyalShock
        Originally posted by SekShocker

What if they decided to trade one of them? Who would you rather see them trade? IMO DeJesus would bring more in a trade for the reasons you listed above, especially his ability to produce more extra-base hits.
        Personally, I'd rather see Teahen move to 1st, DeJesus to LF and leave Gathright in CF, moving Gload to the bench. I know he's been decent so far this year (.345 ave) and has a pretty good glove but he doesn't hit for power (1 extra base hit all season) and he's never really walked much in his career. I think he'd be better suited to become a pinch hitter. I'm not much of a fan of Shealy either so this will keep him in AAA longer. Plus, I think DeJesus would be better suited as a 6/7 hole hitter and not a leadoff man.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• DeJesus makes a better leadoff man that Gathright in my mind. David does a better job of getting on base and runs the bases well. Gathright has great speed and is developing elsewhere.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Royals lose 6-1.. We definitely need a new back end of the rotation.
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
              Royals lose 6-1.. We definitely need a new back end of the rotation.
              Nomo was horrible. HORRIBLE.

Im in a hotel with nothing but Yankee fans.
              :shock:

Out of all the people who could sit by us at the baseball game the people happened to show up in Shocker colors and gear so it made it all bearable.

2-1 aint bad. still 6-3 so its all good.

more coming tomorrow.

Comment

• Sauce, how was that nice HDTV in center in real life?
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
                  Agreed, but doesn't help when you only score 1 run.

If someone had told me before the season started that 9 games in, we'd be tied for 1st and 5 games ahead of Detroit, I'd take it. Let's keep it up Royals!

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose
                    Originally posted by BA2929
                    Agreed, but doesn't help when you only score 1 run.

If someone had told me before the season started that 9 games in, we'd be tied for 1st and 5 games ahead of Detroit, I'd take it. Let's keep it up Royals!
                    Well yes, runs are always important and right now we're scoring only around 4 runs a game. Either we're need to start scoring more runs or our pitching is going to have to be fantastic for an entire season. But with Bale, Tomko and Nomo on the staff, we should probably plan on trying to score more runs.... :yes:
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Guillens suspension has been lifted. No worries. Now maybe he'll start hitting...
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Guillens suspension has been lifted. No worries. Now maybe he'll start hitting...
                        I wondered if the weight of an impending suspension might be affecting his game. I hope that was the case. From what I've seen of his at-bats, I'm a bit concerned.

Comment

• Me too. I'm hoping for the best.

And to be honest. I wasn't thrilled about his signing but was cautiously optimistic. I would have been just as comfortable with Teahen in RF, DeJesus in LF, Gathright in C and Maier or someone as the 4th. Teahen, Butler, Gordon in whatever order wouldin't be a bad 3,4,5 in my eyes. But we still might be a couple years from that...
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                            Sauce, how was that nice HDTV in center in real life?
                            I can write a nice fancy review on the new score board but it wouldnt do it any justice.

The board is massive a bright. Its one big massive LCD HD screen. I bow in its presence.
                            Basic low down of whats on there as follows.

Lineups
                            Player position *like they would show you on a telecast prior to a game starting*
                            player picture
                            Player AB outcome for game.
                            player stats for season. including HIT/AB counter,OBP AND OPS, career numbers *IE Carrer with runners in SP after 8th inning*
                            random fact of player.
                            box score including LOB
                            pitch count

THEN THEY SHOW REPLAYS! IN FULL 4 MILLION FOOT OF H EFFING D!!

One thing my friend and I left saying was instead of showing the players picture at the top of the screen they should have some sort of camera mounted showing live action. kind of like how Koch Arenas video board does. That would be BEYOND GRIT.

Comment

• and a bit more about the game.

Not only was I swarmed by Yankee Fans.
                              I was swarmed by CREIGHTON fans.
                              It was beyond disgusting.

I kept the "misspoke" jokes rolling all night.
                              One in particular was when Pettite just lost all control and his pitched just SAILED above everybodies head. I said " i bet hed like that one back apparently he mispitched I say he misspoke"

and to show my unbiasness of the whole MItchell Report situation I did yell that the HGH meters were going through the roof when Jose Guillen came to bat for the first time. Everybody seemed to like that one.

We also took the kids by the College Basketball Experience. Im telling you people right now even if you go up there for the day and drive back that night its so worth to go up there. That place was so freaking awesome. Difference activities to do such as how many FT's can you make, Make a buzzer beater, How many assists acan you get etc etc. It cost me 17 bucks for me and my 6 year old son to get in which was completley worth it.
                              On a side note and one of the most AWESOME things about it was while we were in the kids part downstairs I over hear Bruce Haertl talking. I look up and they were showing Wichita States 2005-2006 DVD WSU >>>>>

Indy when I was the gift shop I saw a Royals hat in Jayhawk colors. I might get slammed for it but oh well I WANT IT. I wasnt able to pick one up so if I cant find it online I might give you a holler.

and lastly. We stopped by Legends. The last time I was there was a few years back when they were still trying to develop it. They had some stores but nothing like what it is now. We at the T Rex cafe. Horrible food but it didnt matter as that place was so flipping awesome. Really its a kid place but adults cant go in there and be in awe then well you suck.

k thats about it. Hopefully I will have some pics of the scoreboard that I took on my friends camera soon so I can post em up here.

Also we stayed at the Sheraton @ the Truman Sports Complex. Great view of the stadiums from our room * we big timed it on the 14th floor*

However we were awakened by a alarm at 7am this morning telling us that there was an emergency and to get downstairs immediately that turned out to be a false alarm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                                THEN THEY SHOW REPLAYS! IN FULL 4 MILLION FOOT OF H EFFING D!!
                                There isn't an emoticon made to show you how hard I was laughing and how amazed I was by this description of the new scoreboard.
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X