• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by BA2929
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    6-5.
    :roll: You're a genius knowing the Royals would come back to earth. Wow. I wish I could see into the future like you, Miss Cleo.
    Thanks. I appreciate the compliment.

Seems like I was the only one feeling this way. Yay for me.

You are awesome. :sarcasm: :roll:
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
      6-5.
      :roll: You're a genius knowing the Royals would come back to earth. Wow. I wish I could see into the future like you, Miss Cleo.

Thanks buddy.

By the way, your avatar is awesome. Was that a quote by a Yankee?.. 8) :whistle:
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
        6-5.

Thanks buddy.

By the way, your avatar is awesome. Was that a quote by a Yankee?.. 8) :whistle:
        I have no problems with the Yankee players, I really respect them. Mantle, Ruth, Yogi, DiMaggio, Gehrig... all awesome players. I just hate the Yankee organization and I hate the Steinbrenner family.
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
          I hate the Steinbrenner family.
          I can attest to that. I'm not his biggest fan.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Royals win 5-1 with CG by Greinke. First back-to-back complete games by the Royals since 2000, when Blake Stein and Mac Suzuki did it.
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Is Greinke reallly Human? Who still throws a 96 mph fast ball after 100 pitches in the 9th innings. That is just insane.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Nolan Ryan...

Comment

• Randy Johnson...
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• As much as newshocks statement was kind of silly (we could all reply and get quite the list started), the two replies he got put Greinke in pretty good company. It really takes two things to throw that hard in the ninth: the arm strength and endurance to still be bringing it after 110+ pitches AND the ability to pitch effectively and efficiently throughout the game in order to still be in the game at the end. Anyone who watched the game last night would have to admit that he was very much effective and efficient. That is very encouraging. Hopefully, this is the year that he pitches like an all-star like we thought he would.

Comment

• How was my statement silly?

Comment

• Because we could add 10 pages to this thread with replies naming pitchers who could throw 95 in the 9th. The excitement over Greinke isn't silly at all. I think all Royals fans are excited about Greinke. There are, however, many humans who can and have thrown 95 in the ninth inning.

Comment

• Originally posted by McShocker
                          Because we could add 10 pages to this thread with replies naming pitchers who could throw 95 in the 9th. The excitement over Greinke isn't silly at all. I think all Royals fans are excited about Greinke. There are, however, many humans who can and have thrown 95 in the ninth inning.
                          I think he was being a little sarcastic with his first post...basically pointing out how good Greinke is. Then t7017s and SubGod22 threw out a couple names of all time great pitchers who could do it, to show the company he's in. Not a big deal.

As for the Royals, I'm happy to see they are continuing to play well. I could barely stay awake for the full game last night, I think it ended around 12:00. They aren't scoring a lot of runs, but have pitching to win it. They showed some signs of improved hitting last night, but it was dissappointing to see the bases left loaded twice.

Current AL Pitching Ranks:

Code:
                          ERA   BAA  OPS  SV   WHIP  QS 
                          2.46 .229 .633  5    1.10  7 
                          1st   1st  1st  2nd  1st   3rd

Comment

• This is the way the Padres have been winning for a couple years now. It wont win a world series, but pitching this good, will get you into the playoffs. Now the challenge is keeping it up.

GO ROYALS!!!!

Comment

• Royals getting destroyed 9-4 in the 5th. Bale was below average and Nomo was just terrible. Someone tell me again why Nomo is even on the roster?
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• I doubt Nomo sticks around very long. He has had 2 appearances so far and has been really bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X