No announcement yet.

2008 Royals - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomo will either be optioned to Omaha or released. They won't let that stuff slide this year like has happened in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock
      Nomo will either be optioned to Omaha or released. They won't let that stuff slide this year like has happened in the past.
      'Released' would be the option I would select. No reason to have his washed up 38 year old body wasting space in AAA.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
        Royals getting destroyed 9-4 in the 5th. Bale was below average and Nomo was just terrible. Someone tell me again why Nomo is even on the roster?
        When I came back into the room and saw Nomo on the mound, I knew we were doomed.

He should be used in mop-up duty only.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Originally posted by BA2929
          Royals getting destroyed 9-4 in the 5th. Bale was below average and Nomo was just terrible. Someone tell me again why Nomo is even on the roster?
          When I came back into the room and saw Nomo on the mound, I knew we were doomed.

He should be used in mop-up duty only.
          He should be used as a novelty act for Kids birthday parties in Japan. He's useless to us. I'm positive we have someone in AAA, AA or even A that can do just as good of a job as Hideo.
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• What about Bale? Is three starts enough or do they give him a few more starts before dipping down and brining up either Davies or Hochevar?
            THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by SekShocker
              What about Bale? Is three starts enough or do they give him a few more starts before dipping down and brining up either Davies or Hochevar?
              Eh, give him another couple of starts. He got a little unlucky last game. See if he can improve in his next few starts, if not then we see if Davies can figure it out in the Majors.
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Bale didn't pitch all that poorly in his first game I believe. Run support is one reason it looks worse than it is. I believe the Royals are last in that at the moment. You have to give him a couple more starts though. Especially considering how well he pitched in the spring. That should give him a few more.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Tomko is far has been a pleasent surprise
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                    Tomko is far has been a pleasent surprise
                    I agree. So far he's been fine but I'm still more skeptical of him than I am Bale at the moment. Although at some point one of them are moving to the pen for Hochevar.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Nomo is as good as gone (IMO--maybe even today, or at least on this roadtrip)

Could we get some run support for Meche?

Bannister = Cy Young?

Comment

• Royals win 3-2 against the Angels. Meche looked great and Soria was dominate in the 9th. Completely fooled all the LAA hitters he faced. Nice win.
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• anybody know how well Hochevar is doing in Omaha?
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Damn good game by the Royals pitching staff. Angels are first in all but 1 offensive catagory in the AL and lose to the best pitching staff (for now at least). It's always nice to hold a team like that to 2 runs. Now time for bed...

Comment

• Code:
                              Player        W  L  ERA  G  GS  CG  SHO  SV  IP  H  R  ER  HR  HB  BB  SO  WHIP  HLD  GF  
                              Luke Hochevar 1  1  2.60 3   3  0    0   0  17.1 11 7   5   2  0   6   12  0.98  0    0

Comment

• John Bale placed on DL with a dead arm. Peralta called up. Hochevar expected to start sunday.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X