Another Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    There was a 2.7 magnitude earthquake recorded by the KGS this morning at about 4:20 AM (south of 13th and east of Greenwich). The USGS doesn't have any report yet.

KGS Earthquakes (ku.edu)
    Yeah, I felt that one and it woke me up in the 29th and Rock area. Located where most of the recent quakes have been centered. In fact this one is 2 house south of where I used to live.

Comment

• 12-1.jpg
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Holy Crap. Maybe the biggest shake yet at my house. 5:05 am, Wednesday morning. Loudest and longest shake. I could do without that.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 30, 2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Oh yeah. 3.8, strong in Andover. Others have just been loud, this one was shaky too.

Comment

• Yep. We live in Andover as well. Woke me up.

Comment

• Andover area as well and I'm a sound sleeper, but woke up on that one.

Comment

• KGS called one at 5:23 AM. Well, I know they're full of crap, unless there was a second one that I didn't feel and are not listing the bigger one yet. Strange.

USGS says 3.8 at 5:04 AM as @ Triticum aestivum L. said.

Add: KGS has 17 quakes in Wichita since this started. USGS has 22 just over the last 30 days.
                Last edited by ShockTalk; December 30, 2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• According to USGS a 3.8, 5km deep located on Rock Road, a quarter mile south of 13th street (east edge of Wichita Country Club). About 3 miles from my house.

KGS not reporting this one yet. Right now showing a 2.0 on the north edge of Town East about 20 minutes after the aforementioned shake. I did not feel that. Not sure how they could miss the much bigger shake 20 minutes earlier.

Comment

• Woke me up way over on the westside 29th and Ridge area.

Comment

• Biggun.

Comment

• KGS is now showing it on there website as a 3.9.

However, they are showing it centered about 1/4 mile east of Greenwich Road and 1/4 mile South of Central.

Magnitude wise KGS and USGS seem to always vary a few miles in location. Not sure why that is.

My colleague at work said she felt the quake in Rose Hill.

Comment

• Woke me up at 13th and Maize

Comment

• Didn't have Taco Shop last night, so I can't take the blame for this one...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Didn't have Taco Shop last night, so I can't take the blame for this one...

Comment

• By far the strongest one I've felt at 13th & Greenwich. If a 3.9 is that much stronger than a 3.7...I'd hate to experience something in the fours centered so close.

Comment

Working...
                                X