Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

1-0 USA at half after this Golazo from Tyler Adams.

In case you would like something else to watch besides March Madness, turn to Univision or Paramount+.
    It's a cracker from 30 meters!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Dos a cero!!!
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• This game had everything you could want as a US fan.

- A golazo from Tyler Adams
        - Dos a cero
        - Santi Gimenez taking a dive, having a penalty called, and then rescinded, resulting in him getting a yellow card for simulation
        - Mexican fans not being able to control themselves and continuing to throw objects at our players and do their chant

It was perfection.
        Last edited by Kel Varnsen; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Relevent poses threat to MLS and USL after deal with FIFA (msn.com)

Although an agreement is in place with FIFA, Relevent’s lawsuit against US Soccer has not changed. The governing body of the sport in the United States has regularly attempted to block Relevent’s plan to schedule foreign games in America. The organization previously refused to sanction an Ecuadorian LigaPro matchup here in the United States

Nevertheless, the deal between FIFA and US Soccer could be a clue that meaningful foreign matches will eventually come to the States. If so, domestic leagues such as Major League Soccer (MLS) and the United Soccer League (USL) could very well take a hit.

There is no doubting the pull that major European clubs currently have across the globe, including in America. A recent report rated the 100 most popular soccer teams on American television in 2023. The highest MLS side in the list, Inter Miami, only managed to grab the 39th spot. Meanwhile, 18 English clubs ranked higher than Lionel Messi’s team.

US Soccer is certainly quite aware of the popularity of European soccer clubs. The organization maintains its stance in blocking Relevent’s plans. This comes down to the impending dip in MLS and USL interest with European leagues playing meaningful games.​
          Being someone who seems to be in the minority and doesn't really care about Euro soccer, this would have zero impact on me and my interest in MLS. But I seem to be the exception to the rule. I'd be curious what some of you who follow the sport more closely think on how big the impact to MLS could be.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Relevent poses threat to MLS and USL after deal with FIFA (msn.com)

Being someone who seems to be in the minority and doesn't really care about Euro soccer, this would have zero impact on me and my interest in MLS. But I seem to be the exception to the rule. I'd be curious what some of you who follow the sport more closely think on how big the impact to MLS could be.
            I can see why US Soccer (who is responsible for MLS) does not want it. Non-domestic league games are already a huge appeal to people and they don't want to cut into their market.

For me, it would be cool. I don't really follow MLS that much although I like when Sporting does well, but I care infinitely more about the USMNT than the MLS, and find EPL soccer more entertaining than MLS.

The puzzling thing for me that MLS did was the whole AppleTV deal. That's a disaster. Even if I wanted to watch it, I would need a subscription.

Comment

The puzzling thing for me that MLS did was the whole AppleTV deal. That's a disaster. Even if I wanted to watch it, I would need a subscription.
              That one never made sense. I'm sure Apple is paying MLS well, but the league was still growing and building influence and then it was taken off of the mainstream and hidden behind a paywall.

My nephew loves soccer so my sister pays for the channel. I have access, but I miss being able to just sit and watch nearly every SKC game on TV. I'm sure it's hurt viewership.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This game had everything you could want as a US fan.

- A golazo from Tyler Adams
                - Dos a cero
                - Santi Gimenez taking a dive, having a penalty called, and then rescinded, resulting in him getting a yellow card for simulation
                - Mexican fans not being able to control themselves and continuing to throw objects at our players and do their chant

It was perfection.
                I've watched it 100 times at least.....what a BOMBASSO from Tyler Adams.

Comment

Working...
                X