Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Personally, I hope that Wales finds a way to qualify again. If they ended up in KC I'd have to strongly consider going. I might also make such an effort if Ireland was there. They're the only two countries I have any strong connections to outside of the US. I know neither our powers by any means.
    Jaysus, laddy! Nex' yer be wantin' Ayvansville to make the NCAA t'urny! The only gude futbol thing to ever come from Wales was Mike Dowler, and he was a psychopath goalkeyper. Oh and that other Bale sod. Now stop takin' the piss and kiss me blarney mate! Right spot on me arse! Off wit' ya!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The Dragon is in my blood
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Jaysus, laddy! Nex' yer be wantin' Ayvansville to make the NCAA t'urny! The only gude futbol thing to ever come from Wales was Mike Dowler, and he was a psychopath goalkeyper. Oh and that other Bale sod. Now stop takin' the piss and kiss me blarney mate! Right spot on me arse! Off wit' ya!
        There are locations in Wales with as many letters as this post has.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I believe it's Whales.

Comment

• Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­t ysilio­gogo­goch

Longest name of a city in Europe and second longest in the world.

It consists of 18 syllables
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Population: 7

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Population: 7
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Anyone catch the US v Mexico match last night? (Sorry, US Women's National Team)

(Just FYI, I know you didn't because most people DGAF because they've embraced only the DEI crowd but anyway)

This qualifier was available on the + and so popular, they only had it in Spanish.

Mexico crucified the US (and ok, I only watched about the last 20 minutes because I saw on the crawler they were behind) with superior speed everywhere. But if you can find it....the last Mexico goal (maybe in added time) was really special. Also, around the 73 minute mark, they peppered the US keeper with a couple of near goals, one of them a dipping shot from distance that really deserved to be a goal if not for a spectacular save. We're not beating Mexico any time soon based on that result.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Anyone catch the US v Mexico match last night? (Sorry, US Women's National Team)

(Just FYI, I know you didn't because most people DGAF because they've embraced only the DEI crowd but anyway)

This qualifier was available on the + and so popular, they only had it in Spanish.

Mexico crucified the US (and ok, I only watched about the last 20 minutes because I saw on the crawler they were behind) with superior speed everywhere. But if you can find it....the last Mexico goal (maybe in added time) was really special. Also, around the 73 minute mark, they peppered the US keeper with a couple of near goals, one of them a dipping shot from distance that really deserved to be a goal if not for a spectacular save. We're not beating Mexico any time soon based on that result.
                    Does this mean the best American women are no longer allowed on the team unless they agree with every single aspect of the "inclusive" team? Or have we just fallen off that much as a whole?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Does this mean the best American women are no longer allowed on the team unless they agree with every single aspect of the "inclusive" team? Or have we just fallen off that much as a whole?
                      Other nations who have a soccer infrastructure for training and development on the men’s side are finally starting to use it on the women’s side. Previously we’ve been able to coast because our talent pool was so large due to our population. Just my opinion though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Other nations who have a soccer infrastructure for training and development on the men’s side are finally starting to use it on the women’s side. Previously we’ve been able to coast because our talent pool was so large due to our population. Just my opinion though.
                        We just need to get Rapinoe out of retirement and everything will be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

We just need to get Rapinoe out of retirement and everything will be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I agree with this, and as is the case almost always these days, the United States leads the world in the development of women's opportunities, whether in sports or otherwise.

With the Mexican National team, a large plurality of the team is US born, attended college in the US or both. About 1/2 were born in Mexico, and maybe 1/5 didn't attend University in the US. So the training largely is still being done here. But there are better leagues all over the world now, better than the NWSL or whatever it's called today.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              But there are better leagues all over the world now, better than the NWSL or whatever it's called today.
                              What does the W stand for? Why is it necessary? SO rude to make assumptions.

Comment

• 1-0 USA at half after this Golazo from Tyler Adams.

In case you would like something else to watch besides March Madness, turn to Univision or Paramount+.

Comment

Working...
                                X