Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    He may be talented, but is he too toxic to have around because of his parents?
    Maybe, but my hope is this public of a display of their actions will be enough to prevent further issues like this from arising.

Danielle seems like a real piece of work.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Take some time and read this thread. Confirms what many of us have speculated...that Claudio and (especially) Danielle are entitled jerks who care only for themselves.
      I see "the independent" and immediately hear "Trent Crimm...The Independent". Cannot unhear it.

Comment

• If anyone wants to read the full report, you can find it here.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I sure hope not. Gio is as talented of a player as we have in the pool. Just have to keep his parents away.
          Team chemistry >>> Gio. As a coach you can never get rid of parents like that, if you keep their son on your team. They will ALWAYS have a voice to some journalist, and that will always filter back to you. Get rid of the toxicity.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Team chemistry >>> Gio. As a coach you can never get rid of parents like that, if you keep their son on your team. They will ALWAYS have a voice to some journalist, and that will always filter back to you. Get rid of the toxicity.
            That's what I was wondering. Culture and chemistry matter as much in sport as in business. Many successful businesses don't always hire the most qualified person for the job, but the one who fits the culture. There are some very talented athletes in all sports that I think a lot of teams choose to stay away from due to the issues they can cause within the team.

I don't know enough about Gio, but his parents are definitely toxic and even though this is all coming out and everyone knows what's going on, I'm not entirely sure if he's worth it. It also sounds like he himself has had some attitude issues and work ethic questions. I suppose if you believe he can get over those things and can somehow guarantee his parents will keep their distance then you can give him the opportunity. But as things sit right now, I think USMNT would be better off without him.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• In somewhat of a defense… Claudio doesn’t have a normal parent/coach relationship with 3GB.

He also is not what a normal parent/administrator relationship would be.

He seems to not have adjusted well and definitely hasn’t learned boundaries.

The conversations you have with longtime coworkers your conversations aren’t always work appropriate.

Comment

• The USMNT needs someone like Mourinho to be manger in this situation.

He'd lay down the law in the locker room and to the press.

"Don't **** with Mr. Zero".
                The Assman

Comment

• The Stryker Sports Complex is being renamed after a national sporting goods and entertainment chain that will open its first Wichita location this summer. The City Council voted Tuesday to rename the facility the Scheels Stryker Sports Complex in exchange for $625,000 that will be used to erect protective netting around its 11 fields and to expand the press box.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Do you like our chances to advance vs Uruguay tomorrow?

Comment

Whoa!

Comment

• U.K. Men’s Soccer Team Crushes U.S. Women (msn.com)

A professional men’s soccer team from the U.K. destroyed a U.S. women’s soccer team 12—0 on Thursday, illustrating in the process the profound physical advantage that male athletes have over their female counterparts.

Wrexham AFC, a professional soccer association based in Wales, took 39 shots in the match to USA’s five, CBS Sports reported. The Wrexham squad was composed of former, current and guest players and the U.S. squad was composed of former players including World Cup winner Heather O’Reilly. In the first 20 minutes of the match, Wrexham scored seven goals.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            [URL="https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fifa-world-cup/u-k-men-s-soccer-team-crushes-u-s-women/ar-AA1cagrh?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=abac21ae0cc34 f079ff13a1528cfdfdd&ei=12"]U.K. Men’s Soccer Team Crushes U.S. Women (msn.com)

[COLOR=#dddddd]
                            No, it wasn’t the women’s NT current roster. But it also wasn’t Wrexhams top squad, but their reserves.

The most surprising thing about that is it doesn’t mention Rob or Ryan.

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• OMG!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X