Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    But ... but ... Besler?
    Huh? My guess is that he won't start and JK will put Cameron in his spot, but who knows?
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Huh? My guess is that he won't start and JK will put Cameron in his spot, but who knows?
      Maybe. I'm a huge Besler fan.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It's a joke if Pulisic doesn't start.

Comment

• USA!!! Googogogo!! Matt Besler I looooove you! You too Dempsey and Guzan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            USA!!! Googogogo!! Matt Besler I looooove you! You too Dempsey and Guzan!
            It has been an entertaining tournament. Exciting back and forth action, especially from Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela among others, including the United States.

Bobby Wood terrorized Ecuador in that first half and Dempsey's goal was a thing of beauty. Great half of soccer.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              It has been an entertaining tournament. Exciting back and forth action, especially from Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela among others, including the United States.

Bobby Wood terrorized Ecuador in that first half and Dempsey's goal was a thing of beauty. Great half of soccer.
              Peru's handball. My goodness.

Comment

• This is getting ugly quickly. Dumbass Jones.

Comment

• It could be 2 you know....it could be two!

IT IS!!!!!

Comment

• Well. Here comes Messi and half our team is ineligible. Fun.

Comment

• I did not like our end game strategy of packing it in without leaving a token attacker deep. You can't delay the counterattack on a cleared ball. Someone call Jurgen and let him know I am not pleased with the last 4 to 6 minutes.

Comment

• But ... how sweet is this!?!? Bring on Messi! Gogogogo!

Comment

• Well if Pulisic has to come in, he has to come in... would enjoy seeing him out there, though I doubt that will be the case.

Either way, great win, even if we were sloppy in the second half and invited way too much pressure.

Comment

• I think the turning point was clearly the Valencia foul where Jones was a moron. We were about to be a man up for the match and instead both were a man down. Ecuador had more speed and the opened up field clearly favored them (combined with the score making them more aggressive to attack the ball). When it was 11 on the field the USA had more control.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• We played phenomenally in the first half. Passing was crisp and we were aggressive. Besler wasn't spectacular at left back, but he did the job well enough filling in for FJ. And Dempsey came up big again. @Steeleshocker: I think you're absolutely right. When both teams went down to 10 men, Ecuador's relative speed was a big factor in opening the game up.

I think the losses of Bobby Wood and Jermaine Jones will prove to be huge against Argentina, assuming we play them. We have a few different options at our disposal...Besler could continue at left back, Yedlin goes back to his right back role and Fabian Johnson (who is a midfielder, not a fullback) could go to left mid to replace Bedoya, while Zardes goes up top to replace Bobby Wood's role. Then Kyle Beckerman and Darlington Nagbe may come into midfield roles as well. I prefer this:

Go for it. You might not get a chance like this again.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Losing Bedoya and Wood is painful. VERY painful. I thought Besler was sharp last night. Certainly the ball he put on a dime to Zardes that led to goal was sweet.

Dempsey is a 10 every day of the week, not a 9, and I'm not talking about how good lookin' he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X