This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I would love to see more development along 17th street and have more social spots for students and people in the area can go to to stay on close to campus.

The former Fairmount Towers land is being utilized as we speak as well.
    A little confused with the post. Fairmount towers land being utilized for what? And the only land not being used for new apartments on 17th is from Hillside east to Fairmount. There is a parking lot on 17th and Fairmount and another where the Gentry Shop and KMUW used to be, Kirby's and the building WSU currently owns at Hillside and 17th. The Fieldhouse and the coffee shop are still there so what areas were you thinking needed to be developed?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

A little confused with the post. Fairmount towers land being utilized for what? And the only land not being used for new apartments on 17th is from Hillside east to Fairmount. There is a parking lot on 17th and Fairmount and another where the Gentry Shop and KMUW used to be, Kirby's and the building WSU currently owns at Hillside and 17th. The Fieldhouse and the coffee shop are still there so what areas were you thinking needed to be developed?
      Sorry for the typo. UNUTILIZED.
      The Assman

Comment

• NIAR looking to help play a role in sustainable aviation with new partnership with a local company.

Linkedin - The AirCraft Company

The AirCraft Company and NIAR announce a new partnership for the future of aviation.

Wichita, 22 March 2023

Following the launch of the hybrid-electric SY30J Pangea 30 aircraft, The AirCraft Company (www.TheAirCraftCompany.org) and Wichita State University’s National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR, https://lnkd.in/gfPbY62p) will collaborate in the development of the Pangea family: a new class of hybrid-electric regional airliners and its associated technology.

This collaboration provides the AirCraft Company access to skilled aerospace engineers and researchers and multiple specialized R&D laboratories, for rapid development of the Pangea family.

The partnership of these two entities reinforces the recent “Power of Kansas” campaign launched by The AirCraft Company, highlighting the strength of the state to address the future of sustainable aviation.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

How hard would it be to make a 3D print version?
          Is a CAD version of this publicly available? Does anybody know anybody that could find a CAD version of this?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

For reference to my post above, I'm asking if anybody out there knows where we could source a CAD version of this statue?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

For reference to my post above, I'm asking if anybody out there knows where we could source a CAD version of this statue?
              Don't know, but I'd take the original version of Lily.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Don't know, but I'd take the original version of Lily.
                Mask, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Mask, too?
                  She could wear as much or as little as she wanted to.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• WSU - WSU lab that took off during COVID switches gears to microbiology

With the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic behind us, Wichita State University’s Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory will soon be expanding its focus to become a full microbiology laboratory.

The lab’s evolution will give students more opportunities for applied learning, boost research capabilities and help fill a gap for medical testing across the state.

“When COVID hit, we stood up the ability to do molecular testing, which is a specific type of testing where we look at DNA or RNA,” said Sarah Nickel, director of the MDL and assistant professor of medical laboratory sciences. “We can now use that technology to test for any bacteria or virus and any other thing causing an infection.”

In the case of bacterial infections, the MDL will also have the ability to analyze samples and determine which antibiotics will most effectively treat infections.

Wichita State University established the MDL in October 2020 in response to a statewide need for high-volume COVID-19 testing with a quick turnaround. At the height of the pandemic, the MDL was processing thousands of specimens per day with results in less than 24 hours, ensuring quick quarantine and treatment for those infected, and allowing hundreds of businesses, schools and state agencies across Kansas to stay open.

“It felt good to know we met a need,” Nickels said. “And right now, one of the needs is more micro-testing with better turnaround time.”
                    This sounds like a great plan to help better serve the state by trying to focus quick and accurate testing of specimens for smaller hospitals throughout the state that don't have the resources or connections to get timely results. It also allows students in the field to have more and better hands on experience to utilize heading into their future endeavors.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The additional articles within the link are just as equally impressive. I would have never imagined what our university would become . I really feel WSU will eventually become the state of Kansas Crown Jewel. K-who can keep the flagship moniker.

Comment

The additional articles within the link are just as equally impressive. I would have never imagined what our university would become . I really feel WSU will eventually become the state of Kansas Crown Jewel. K-who can keep the flagship moniker.
                        About Wichita State University

Wichita State University is Kansas' only urban public research university, enrolling almost 22,000 students between its main campus and WSU Tech, including students from every state in the U.S. and more than 100 countries. Wichita State and WSU Tech are recognized for being student centered and innovation driven.

Located in the largest city in the state with one of the highest concentrations in the United States of jobs involving science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), Wichita State University provides uniquely distinctive and innovative pathways of applied learning, applied research and career opportunities for all of our students.

The Innovation Campus, which is a physical extension of the Wichita State University main campus, is one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing research/innovation parks, encompassing over 120 acres and is home to a number of global companies and organizations.

For more information, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/wichitastate and Facebook at www.facebook.com/wichita.state.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The additional articles within the link are just as equally impressive. I would have never imagined what our university would become . I really feel WSU will eventually become the state of Kansas Crown Jewel. K-who can keep the flagship moniker.
                          When I think of KU I think of a school that is mostly known for KU med and their basketball. They really haven’t expanded beyond those two areas and don’t really seem eager to expand into other areas, which is strange. WSU has found ways to expand on stuff they always had, besides WSU Tech. I barely recognize the campus anymore, which is a good thing. Lots of progressive thinking going on at 21st and Hillside

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

When I think of KU I think of a school that is mostly known for KU med and their basketball. They really haven’t expanded beyond those two areas and don’t really seem eager to expand into other areas, which is strange. WSU has found ways to expand on stuff they always had, besides WSU Tech. I barely recognize the campus anymore, which is a good thing. Lots of progressive thinking going on at 21st and Hillside
                            … and even more at 21st and Oliver…
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lily or Frye would be a infinite upgrade over Whipnuts. Of course, that bar is so low a flea couldn’t crawl under it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Lily or Frye would be a infinite upgrade over Whipnuts. Of course, that bar is so low a flea couldn’t crawl under it.
                                You mean DOCTOR Whipnuts, I'm sure. Simple slip-up obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X