This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Nice to see that President Muma embraced Dr Bardo's vision for the Innovative Campus unlike the short termed previous guy who shall remain nameless.
    The amount of damage that clown did to WSU, in all facets, in such a short time, is truly remarkable. He should win a college president Darwin award or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

The amount of damage that clown did to WSU, in all facets, in such a short time, is truly remarkable. He should win a college president Darwin award or something.
      Where is that clown now? Working as a mucker at some stables?
      He’s pretty skilled at shoveling horse manure
      Worst WSU president in our history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Where is that clown now? Working as a mucker at some stables?
        He’s pretty skilled at shoveling horse manure
        Worst WSU president in our history.
        He's still working somewhere in academia, busy scratching his arse and keeping a chair warm, with a salary well into the six figures. He's part of a class of people that never fail, they are just re-born elsewhere after they get fired. Academics, government bureaucrats, law enforcement officers, etc.

Comment

• It looks like the douche keeps his own wiki page

He's currently employed by Syracuse.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The intentional focus on applied learning driven by Bardo and Muma is what I would see as a re-invigoration of the original concept of the school. One which I'm grateful they've been able to move forward. The superintendent of Fairmount Institute wrote to the Wichita Eagle in 1892 to describe it's purpose (taken from Uncloistered Halls):

"The Institute is founded in the conviction that the test of education is use. The young man or woman who cannot make an honest living, cannot fight the battle of life successfully, who is unfitted for or ignorant of his or her duties to home, neighbor, state, nation and God, is uneducated no matter what his scholastic acquirements. It shall be the constant endeavor of the faculty of the Institute to make use the test of its-training and discipline; to make its students not only good scholars, good men and women, but good for a great deal; to equip them for the work and warfare of the twentieth century."

Comment

• WSU - Army awards Wichita State $100 million contract for ground system digital transformation

The U.S. Army has awarded Wichita State University’s National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) a $100 million contract to advance and modernize the army’s ground transportation fleet.

The five-year Modernization of Integrated Technology for Ground Systems (MINT-GS) award comes from the Materials Division, Advanced Manufacturing of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC) at Detroit Arsenal, Michigan.

The mission of the MINT-GS program is to develop innovative tools, methodologies and qualification framework for advanced manufacturing processes and materials, allowing for the modernization and sustainment of ground vehicle and ground vehicle components. It supportsGVSC’s mission to provide the warfighter with enhanced capabilities and to ensure readiness.

In support of a path to delivery of advanced manufacturing parts, the MINT-GS program converges basic and applied research in four primary areas:
              • Development of ground vehicle parts for advanced manufacturing processes and material
              • Material development and process control for advanced manufacturing processes
              • Rapid qualification of materials and parts for advanced manufacturing processes
              • Implementation of an integrated digital environment for digital twin development and sustainment

The cooperative agreement includes nine potential sub-recipient universities, including Auburn University, which is focusing on materials, parts and process qualification. Rachael Andrulonis, NIAR director of advanced materials research, serves as principal investigator and director; and John Tomblin, WSU senior vice president for Industry and Defense Programs and NIAR executive director, serves as alternative director.

“Through this program, the U.S. Army GVSC will capitalize on multiple areas of expertise at Wichita State, including advanced materials development and qualification expertise,” said Tomblin. “It is a unique opportunity for the Wichita manufacturing industry and WSU students to connect with a new division of the U.S. Army.”
              HUGE
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Another monster contract!
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• AOL - Wichita State's Innovation Campus to add $75 million building to help combat gun crimes

A new $75 million building on Wichita State’s Innovation Campus will house a federal laboratory that will process shell casings to help law enforcement agencies across the country solve gun-related crimes.

The building also will house the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The opening of the lab in the new building will create roughly 100 new jobs, Republican U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran said a news conference Monday.

The expansion comes after the ATF announced the opening of a “first-of-its kind” Crime Gun Intelligence Center of Excellence in June on Innovation Campus. The new forensics lab will be constructed on Innovation Camus where the current center sits.

The new lab will be the home of agency’s National Integrated Ballistic Information Network correlation center that will expand the agency’s work on gun-related crimes.

An NIBIN correlation center “conducts ballistics image correlations and returns investigative leads” to thousands of law enforcement agencies in the U.S., according to the ATF website.

There are 258 NIBIN sites in the U.S., including 8 ATF sites.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Awesome. My only question, where does the Innovation Campus expand to next? They're running out of room very quickly.

Comment

• There's still some land between The Suites and AirBus that could be developed. There's also a little more land over by the ATF building that could be used. Probably at least another 5 buildings. Outside of that it would get complicated. There's still land over at Braeburn, but I believe and hope that's still for retail and living development.

This should be a link for a decent overview map
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        There's still some land between The Suites and AirBus that could be developed. There's also a little more land over by the ATF building that could be used. Probably at least another 5 buildings. Outside of that it would get complicated. There's still land over at Braeburn, but I believe and hope that's still for retail and living development.

This should be a link for a decent overview map
                        Thanks for the share. I've seen that map. The campus master plan map (below) provides what I feel is a better representation of now, and later. If my count is correct, there are only three partnership buildings that are either not under construction currently or have been announced (P5, P12, P10). Just announced was P3B and I assume P11 is under construction now and going to be filled with an as to yet announced partner focused on "digital transformation." With the NE corner being taken up by forthcoming apartments and retail, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room to expand at the going rate. If density is desired, parking lots south of the new NIAR building could be converted to combined parking structure/partnership buildings. But, beyond that - where? Serious question as I would hope the university is thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                          Awesome. My only question, where does the Innovation Campus expand to next? They're running out of room very quickly.
                          Northwest corner of 21st and Oliver.. a small lake is already there; we'll continue to march North until...
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I’ve wondered if there is a height restriction on Innovation Campus. May need to go vertical!

Comment

• I would love to see more development along 17th street and have more social spots for students and people in the area can go to to stay on close to campus.

The former Fairmount Towers land is being unutilized as we speak as well.
                              Last edited by Shock Top; March 18, 2023, 10:13 AM.
                              The Assman

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X