This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    This is badass. Wish it was closer to the heart of campus, but it's badass.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Indeed!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Actually with the enlarging of the campus from Hillside to Oliver it is pretty close in the Heart of campus. Just not the campus most of us are familiar with. One thing I have noticed in the old vs the new campus is that the old road ways have been turned into pedestrian walkways with traffic pretty much limited to perimeter roads while the new campus has a main road bisecting it from north to south and one east to west. Just wondering if in 20 years those will also become walkways.

Comment

• WSU in the running for a share of $400M on Air Force drone program

"Wichita State University is among 13 companies and organizations that will compete for $400 million in contracts to help develop combat drones for the U.S. Air Force.

WSU is the only university among the selected vendors on the Skyborg program as part of its prototyping and development stage.

According to a notice of the award from the U.S. Department of Defense, the school is being joined in the competition by:"

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...ZIMllXMVFoNCJ9

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Had an opportunity to view the WU close up after the Memorial 70 ceremony last week. It has a few small items that were incorporated into the art work. A small bird nestled on the handle of the scythe. A frog within the wheat and a spider which I never saw. Also the sweater WU is wearing has a hole in it on the back of WU. A friend of mine that was with me was asking if the University ever intends to market smaller versions ie desk top size. I would buy one of those. Think Shocker decanter but cooler.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Had an opportunity to view the WU close up after the Memorial 70 ceremony last week. It has a few small items that were incorporated into the art work. A small bird nestled on the handle of the scythe. A frog within the wheat and a spider which I never saw. Also the sweater WU is wearing has a hole in it on the back of WU. A friend of mine that was with me was asking if the University ever intends to market smaller versions ie desk top size. I would buy one of those. Think Shocker decanter but cooler.
                How hard would it be to make a 3D print version?

Comment

• I wonder where we could get out hands one one

Comment

• I like the WU, and this is a cool keepsake in any collection. But I'm not sure that the WU is going to bring the University massive growth.

Comment

• AFLCMC, Wichita State University creating digital copy of B-1

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Disp...l-copy-of-b-1/

Comment

• An Inconspicuous Midwestern State School May Play A Key Role In Building The Air Force’s Wingman Drones

Comment

• How cool is it to have a write up in Forbes.

Comment

How cool is it to have a write up in Forbes.
                            Better than a write up in Stadium

Comment

How cool is it to have a write up in Forbes.
                              How cool to see an article based on facts. About anything, not just us.

Comment

Won’t lead to explosive growth, but it’s pretty flippin’ cool for the university...

Comment

Working...
                                X