This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    So what is the steel going in the air north of the Jerry Moran Building and in front of the Hyatt? For awhile I thought is was just additional parking until the steel started going up.
    Looks like it's Partnership Building 11. Being built to house future partners interested in locating on campus and focusing on digital transformation.

WSU - Wichita State's growth reflects commitment to campus, workforce needs
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Also of note from the above link, NIAR will break ground this fall on its Technology and Innovation Building. 85,000 square foot research facility.

I believe I also saw mention of expectations of another apartment complex being built across the pond of Braeburn Square. But now I can't find it. Found it. It was in a Sunflower piece.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• So they're throwing in the towel on the idea of more retail on the other side of Braeburn Square? Original plan was basically east to be a mirror to the west side. That's too bad, but I understand as it appears demand was not as strong as hoped since the west side was built.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          So they're throwing in the towel on the idea of more retail on the other side of Braeburn Square? Original plan was basically east to be a mirror to the west side. That's too bad, but I understand as it appears demand was not as strong as hoped since the west side was built.
          I believe the west side of Braeburn Square is soon to be filled, so you make a good point. I do recall reading where three new restaurants will be opening soon. The east side development will now occur across the street from Braeburn Square (north) with a huge pedestrian bridge; it will be the 'gateway' to the new football stadium and athletic village near K-96 and Oliver.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            So they're throwing in the towel on the idea of more retail on the other side of Braeburn Square? Original plan was basically east to be a mirror to the west side. That's too bad, but I understand as it appears demand was not as strong as hoped since the west side was built.
            I'm not entirely sure that's the case, but I'd have to look more into it.

I think demand was more hampered by Covid than anything. I think the first part of Braeburn being 100% full finally is encouraging and I hope leads to phase two of that portion. It seems like in the latest release announcing the new businesses opening soon that there was mention or hinting of that meaning it was time to look into the next phase that would bring more restaurant/business to the Square.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• EDIT: I should really read the whole message.

Comment

• The latest WSU campus masterplan map shows the east side of Braeburn Square being planned for apartments, retail, and a "multi-use" building. I think those plans are an upgrade from what was planned a few years ago. Demand for apartment housing seems high in the area and that will bring more bodies to that part of campus to utilize the retail.

Comment

• Nice to see that President Muma embraced Dr Bardo's vision for the Innovative Campus unlike the short termed previous guy who shall remain nameless.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Looks like it's Partnership Building 11. Being built to house future partners interested in locating on campus and focusing on digital transformation.

WSU - Wichita State's growth reflects commitment to campus, workforce needs
                    Thank you for that link

Comment

• Just a comment on the success so far of the innovation campus. One of the original complaints of some in the media, and a vocal minority of students and faculty initially opposed to the innovation campus was how the site was being set up to be planned and developed through private interests with over site from WSU representatives and the KBOR. As opposed to a direct KBOR planning/over site model. This set up has allowed the innovation campus to thrive. Bringing industry and research to WSU and Wichita that wouldn’t otherwise have been here. I’m confident if those in the vocal minority had had their way, the innovation campus would still be nothing but an underutilized golf course.

The innovation campus is a catalyst and in my opinion is the greatest positive economic shift for Wichita since WWII and the influx of aircraft manufacturing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                        Just a comment on the success so far of the innovation campus. One of the original complaints of some in the media, and a vocal minority of students and faculty initially opposed to the innovation campus was how the site was being set up to be planned and developed through private interests with over site from WSU representatives and the KBOR. As opposed to a direct KBOR planning/over site model. This set up has allowed the innovation campus to thrive. Bringing industry and research to WSU and Wichita that wouldn’t otherwise have been here. I’m confident if those in the vocal minority had had their way, the innovation campus would still be nothing but an underutilized golf course.

The innovation campus is a catalyst and in my opinion is the greatest positive economic shift for Wichita since WWII and the influx of aircraft manufacturing.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                          Just a comment on the success so far of the innovation campus. One of the original complaints of some in the media, and a vocal minority of students and faculty initially opposed to the innovation campus was how the site was being set up to be planned and developed through private interests with over site from WSU representatives and the KBOR. As opposed to a direct KBOR planning/over site model. This set up has allowed the innovation campus to thrive. Bringing industry and research to WSU and Wichita that wouldn’t otherwise have been here. I’m confident if those in the vocal minority had had their way, the innovation campus would still be nothing but an underutilized golf course.

No doubt it's a 'game changer' like we've never seen before. The new downtown medical school collaboration will have a similar effect on WSU and the Wichita community.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            The new downtown medical school collaboration will have a similar effect on WSU and the Wichita community.
                            KU will bring their KU and NE Kansas-first liberal politics with them, slowly stack the management team with their own personnel, and then ultimately take it over.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

KU will bring their KU and NE Kansas-first liberal politics with them, slowly stack the management team with their own personnel, and then ultimately take it over.

Hopefully Muma won’t let them bend him over.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X