This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Innovation campus partnership #2 announced.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/edu...e24851605.html
    :good:

Comment

• Shouldn't this be partnership #3? I thought they announced that WSU Innovation Campus and Wichita Police Department agreed to partner.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• President Bardo's motto...

When I see what President Bardo has done in such a short amount of time, I’m reminded of the “I am Wichita State” marketing campaign featuring “Thinkers, Doers, Movers and Shockers.” He exemplifies all of the above. It’s interesting to see some of the people in the 2001-2002 marketing campaign:

Last edited by WstateU; June 18, 2015, 04:20 PM.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          President Bardo's motto...

When I see what President Bardo has done in such a short amount of time, I’m reminded of the “I am Wichita State” marketing campaign featuring “Thinkers, Doers, Movers and Shockers.” He exemplifies all of the above. It’s interesting to see some of the people in the 2001-2002 marketing campaign:

http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=tdms&p=tdms
          A young Dr. Pendse and Dr. Sexton and wow look at Bobby Gandu's baby face.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            Shouldn't this be partnership #3? I thought they announced that WSU Innovation Campus and Wichita Police Department agreed to partner.
            Plus NetApp, right? Or is the NetApp partnership not 100% set in stone as of yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Plus NetApp, right? Or is the NetApp partnership not 100% set in stone as of yet?
              I must have missed the NetApp announcement? Got a link or anything? That'd be awesome though if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                I must have missed the NetApp announcement? Got a link or anything? That'd be awesome though if true.
                On the heels of the Kansas Legislature's approval of $2 million to help fund a new Innovation Campus, Wichita State University announces that NetApp is the first partner for the Innovation Campus and new tech cluster.

I'm sure it is also posted somewhere earlier in this thread. Not sure if any of the NetApp/WSU articles or stories details how the new partnership directly impacts future construction of the Innovation Campus, or employees working on campus.

Like I was trying to say with the question marks in my earlier post, I don't know much about the deal, and I'm not necessarily interested enough as of right now to pour over google search results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Curious as to whether work has started on the 17th / Oliver intersection.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article11332934.html
                  Infrastructure work grant :

Comment

• Brookings: WSU among top collaborative R&D and innovation environments

The strong collaboration between Wichita State University and the business community is highlighted in a new Brookings Institution analysis of research and development spending in the United States.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Are they constructing a large mast as part of the new projects?

Gonna need someplace to fly the flag on this ship.

Comment

• Pres. Bardo is spending a lot to boost enrollment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          Pres. Bardo is spending a lot to boost enrollment.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article28720096.html
                          I think it is a stupid complaint myself, but I think the parking situation has hurt retaining and attracting the casual part-time and/or evening class non-traditional student. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the gross numbers show a more substantial increase in the traditional student pool (to be blunt - the subset WSU is looking to attract with the marketing) being offset by the losses in the non-traditional student pool.

Total speculation on my part, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            I think it is a stupid complaint myself, but I think the parking situation has hurt retaining and attracting the casual part-time and/or evening class non-traditional student. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the gross numbers show a more substantial increase in the traditional student pool (to be blunt - the subset WSU is looking to attract with the marketing) being offset by the losses in the non-traditional student pool.

Total speculation on my part, obviously.
                            The funny thing is the chatter about parking turns perception into reality. Is it really there is no parking available, or is it no parking available within 50 steps of your classroom building? Perhaps it is more of a walking problem, not a parking problem. And then I can also say, in my best old geezer voice, "back in my day we didn't have shuttle buses on campus!"
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I last took classes at WSU around 2002. Just a few classes in the afternoons. I had a 1/4 mile walk (both ways). I was parking where the baseball indoor practice facility now sits. Take out that parking and the 700 spaces lost right next to the main campus and I don't know where a part-time afternoon student would park.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I last took classes at WSU around 2002. Just a few classes in the afternoons. I had a 1/4 mile walk (both ways). I was parking where the baseball indoor practice facility now sits. Take out that parking and the 700 spaces lost right next to the main campus and I don't know where a part-time afternoon student would park.
                                This. I've been done since 2011, and I'm thankful I don't have to deal with the parking situation, now.. I usually parked near Eck and walked, but dealing with the shuttle all the time and parking off campus sounds annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X