News on expediting the building of the second new dorm

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...+&t=1415745092
      Awesome.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        News on expediting the building of the second new dorm

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...+&t=1415745092
        This is good news on several fronts. Obviously the leadership is anticipating sustained growth in enrollment. More students living on campus continues the pattern of the campus transformation to a traditional campus environment. Also, as we saw with Shocker Hall, new and state of the art campus housing is attractive to prospective students.

It's a great day to be a Shocker!
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Besides the quick-pace development of the second on-campus dorm, there is also additional news on Innovation Campus.

Comment

Besides the quick-pace development of the second on-campus dorm, there is also additional news on Innovation Campus.

http://www.kansas.com/news/business/article3789472.html
            Wow! That is a tremendous development. I would think that Dassault would be a great addition and a good fit with WSU's core strengths. Things continue to move at a very brisk pace.

BTW, I saw a tweet earlier today that Wichita State continues to be the leading university in aviation R&D. It seems that these additions to the Innovation Campus will make it even more robust.

Every day is a great day to be a Shocker, but it really feels good today!

Comment

Besides the quick-pace development of the second on-campus dorm, there is also additional news on Innovation Campus.

http://www.kansas.com/news/business/article3789472.html
              The whole thing is moving so fast. In the span of a decade the campus is going to look and feel so much different.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                The whole thing is moving so fast. In the span of a decade the campus is going to look and feel so much different.
                You are absolutely correct. This is a very radical transformation of WSU at an accelerated pace. I'm just so giddy about all the good things that are happening right now!

Comment

• Cancer research at Wichita State could reduce side effects from chemotherapy

WSU researchers are using nanotechnology to develop a cancer drug magnetic-targeted delivery system that will reduce the suffering of patients.

“This research is vital because the side effects of the cancer drugs need to be reduced for the patients with bodies already weakened due to the disease,” Asmatulu says.

http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/stories/story.asp?si=2666

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    Physical Plant landscapers work to make first impressions into lasting ones

I am amazed how often I see tweets from visitors to WSU or new students about how they are impressed with the campus or comments about how beautiful the campus is. It actually happens fairly frequently. Here's one from just a few minutes ago

@madlizette2_7: Wichita State's campus is like
                    Pretty
                    11/16/2014

The article in the link below gives some information on the philosophy, planning, and effort that goes into the campus landscaping. Be sure to look at the photo gallery in the accompanying link to the article.

We have a lot to be proud about when it comes to Wichita State!

http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/stories/story.asp?si=2658
                    That was a terrific article. And I really love what the WSU campus has matured and morphed into. So much more impressive than we I attend in the late 1960's and early 70's. I did not know we had our own greenhouses.

I would encourage everyone to take every chance they get to walk the campus. The spring and fall, of course, being he best times.

I will often park across campus from Koch Arena or Eck Stadium just because I enjoy a good walk through the campus. And it is only getting better.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        That was a terrific article. And I really love what the WSU campus has matured and morphed into. So much more impressive than we I attend in the late 1960's and early 70's. I did not know we had our own greenhouses.

I would encourage everyone to take every chance they get to walk the campus. The spring and fall, of course, being he best times.

I will often park across campus from Koch Arena or Eck Stadium just because I enjoy a good walk through the campus. And it is only getting better.
                        Thanks for the beautiful campus pic you posted. Inspired by the article I really enjoyed my stroll on the campus last Saturday after the game. The wind had died down and it was absolutely a gorgeous fall day in a beautiful campus setting.

I did have to chuckle because I could overhear a couple of old nags behind me complaining that Shocker Hall was built where they used to park. They went on and on about it. I'm probably in the minority, but I think that Shocker Hall was a tremendous addition to the heart of campus especially in place of a parking lot, hands down. Yes, even if it means that I have to walk a longer distance for the games.
                        Last edited by Shocker-maniac; November 14, 2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          Thanks for the beautiful campus pic you posted. Inspired by the article I really enjoyed my stroll on the campus last Saturday after the game. The wind had died down and it was absolutely a gorgeous fall day in a beautiful campus setting.

I did have to chuckle because I could overhear a couple of old nags behind me complaining that Shocker Hall was built where they used to park. They went on and on about it. I'm probably in the minority, but I think that Shocker Hall was a tremendous addition to the heart of campus especially in place of a parking lot, hands down. Yes, even if it means that I have walk a longer distance for the games.
                          I agree 100%. Of course, not only do I enjoy the walk but I am badly in need of the exercise. Shocker Hall is a great addition. I have never used the Shocker Shuttles but that would seem to me to be a way to go if you can't or prefer not to walk. BTW, I think it takes me 10 to 12 minutes to walk to my car. I usually park in the lot just west of the original Pizza Hut. Sometimes on school nights I might have to park on the south end of that lot or in the lots along 17th street. If it is really cold you can often cut through the RSC if it is open. I come in from the Southeast so one benefit is the ease of getting out and getting home. I get to my car, get in, drive out with usually only a minor wait to get onto 17th street.

Now that the lot just South of the RSC is open I will park there if I get their early enough. It does fill up pretty fast.

BTW, if you don't think Shocker Hall is a good addition just ask any Shocker coach. They love that they finally have a residence hall and dining facilities they can showcase to recruits instead of trying to hide what we had from recruits.

Comment

• I graduated in May and will live outside of Wichita for a job for the next 3 years. By the time I come back the campus will be transformed. I couldn't be more excited for the direction the university is heading.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I agree 100%. Of course, not only do I enjoy the walk but I am badly in need of the exercise. Shocker Hall is a great addition. I have never used the Shocker Shuttles but that would seem to me to be a way to go if you can't or prefer not to walk. BTW, I think it takes me 10 to 12 minutes to walk to my car. I usually park in the lot just west of the original Pizza Hut. Sometimes on school nights I might have to park on the south end of that lot or in the lots along 17th street. If it is really cold you can often cut through the RSC if it is open. I come in from the Southeast so one benefit is the ease of getting out and getting home. I get to my car, get in, drive out with usually only a minor wait to get onto 17th street.

Now that the lot just South of the RSC is open I will park there if I get their early enough. It does fill up pretty fast.

BTW, if you don't think Shocker Hall is a good addition just ask any Shocker coach. They love that they finally have a residence hall and dining facilities they can showcase to recruits instead of trying to hide what we had from recruits.
                              Not only is the RSC open prior to games, the Shocker Sports Grill and Lanes are open the following hours till December 6th:

Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-10:00pm
                              Friday: 9:00am-12:00am
                              Saturday: 11:00am-12:00am
                              Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm

I plan on getting there early to park south of the RSC, go to the Grill and Lanes and have a beer, and then walk on to the game.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• My plan is to attend the VB match at 5:00 pm and assuming the Lady Shocks cooperate and make reasonable quick work of Evansville head over to either Shocker Hall or RSC for some dinner, then return to Koch for the men's basketball game.

Saturday I could either catch some lunch before the Lady Shocks play Creighton at 2:00 pm or perhaps some dinner before the VB match at 7:00 pm or maybe both. I would like to check out the Shocker Sports Grill.

Comment

Working...
                                X