Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State Poised For Massive Growth?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

    It does not. A new stadium would require a new track as well.
    Think the width is the big issue there. The minimum 115 yards length fits, but the minimum 70 yard width does not.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

      Think the width is the big issue there. The minimum 115 yards length fits, but the minimum 70 yard width does not.
      Correct.
      “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
      Isaac Asimov

      Comment


      • Looks like a lot of activity that started Monday on the innovation campus. Construction guys putting up new erosion ? barriers along Oliver and 17th streets. Tearing out trees along the entrance on Oliver. New Business school getting started?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

          Correct.
          oops

          Comment


          • Originally posted by pogo View Post
            Looks like a lot of activity that started Monday on the innovation campus. Construction guys putting up new erosion ? barriers along Oliver and 17th streets. Tearing out trees along the entrance on Oliver. New Business school getting started?
            Permanent NetApp Building going in that block.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Looks like a lot of activity that started Monday on the innovation campus. Construction guys putting up new erosion ? barriers along Oliver and 17th streets. Tearing out trees along the entrance on Oliver. New Business school getting started?
              Think they still need to raise more money since they decided after the fact that it needed to be LEED certified. Could be wrong but I think that pushed the cost from $50M to $60M.
              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
              - Ernest Hemingway

              Comment











              • Was the LEED certification decided by WSU for a reason or was it the BOR Also was under the impression that the additional funds were to come from the general fund ie all departments would have to take a cut in their budgets to make up the difference initially since the referendum to increase student fees failed.

                Comment


                • Possible answer to my own question. apparently when the new Dean when she arrived last June she and the staff did a comprehensive study of other business schools that have recently been built. It was felt that there was a need to be LEED-Certified and will be the first academic building at WSU to be so.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    Possible answer to my own question. apparently when the new Dean when she arrived last June she and the staff did a comprehensive study of other business schools that have recently been built. It was felt that there was a need to be LEED-Certified and will be the first academic building at WSU to be so.
                    Well they can pat themselves on the back after they burden either donors or students to enable their random inclinations to the tune of the extra $10M.

                    What a great time economically for that! The current b-school students no doubt are appreciative of the concession, as they see the timeline for construction be pushed off down the horizon, all the while going to the cramped hellhole that is Clinton Hall. Probably get to pay more now for the right to do so, as WSU struggled mightily to get the 50% donor match to even build the non-LEED building.
                    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; 2 weeks ago.
                    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
                    - Ernest Hemingway

                    Comment


                    • Wichita State’s engineering graduate programs are now the highest ranked in Kansas

                      https://www.wichita.edu/about/wsunew...rankings_3.php
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                      Comment


                      • It's stuff like this that make me as proud of my "U" as much as our successful sports teams. Go Shocks

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X