X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And here you go:

Roy Wenzl @RoyWenzl
    Koch Industries and Koch foundation giving 11.25 million to Wichita State U for academics and athletics.

Comment

• Linkies:

Koch gives $11.25 million to Wichita State

Koch's $4.5 million gift begins fundraising toward athletics

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        And here you go:
        Nice pocket change!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Moving at the speed of Bardo!

Comment

• Luxury boxes here we come!

Comment

• Incredible.

Comment

• First things first. This is awesome news! Another step forward in cementing ourselves as a leader in the ranks of the non-P5. As much flak as Koch gets nationally (irrationally, I might add), the company and family really do "pay it forward" back into the Wichita community.

That said... the conceptual designs for the suites are actually even worse than I imagined. I kind of figured there was no way to make their addition a positive step forward aesthetically for CKA, but alas stacks of greenbacks do win most wars. But look at this mess - a miscarriage of architecture. Part of the same team that brought us the steaming pile of unsymmetrical design that is IBA, stands ready, willing, and able to work that same magic on our jewel CKA. No, no, NO! Please make it stop, and then kill it with fire!

I understand final design and construction can and will differ from what is seen above, but the fact that the unbalanced mess above even got out of someone's mind during the morning bathroom download is terrifying. At a minimum, the powers that be at least find the below to be reasonable and palatable.

Do it right, or don't do it at all. PLEASE!

Comment

• n/m... my screw-up

Comment

• If you're a praying man, ask for this as a best case scenario:

Just 8 suites, but at least they'd be symmetrical and aligned with the court.

Comment

• Very impressive. I believe HCGM and CK have a good relationship too. Kudos to Bardo and ADES as well.

Great timing on the announcement. Smart!
                      Last edited by Veritas; December 16, 2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Nice pocket change!
                        Funny, but true!

Too bad there wasn't a zero before that decimal ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• I get where you're coming from @SHOCKvalue:, however:

1. Eight suites probably aren't worth the cost.
                          2. Blame whoever originally situated Levitt at such a weird angle, which led to how the practice facility was added, which now limits how those suites can be added without being cost-prohibitive.

I like a symmetrical look, too, but this may be the price we have to pay to take CKA to the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I get where you're coming from @SHOCKvalue:, however:

1. Eight suites probably aren't worth the cost.
                            2. Blame whoever originally situated Levitt at such a weird angle, which led to how the practice facility was added, which now limits how those suites can be added without being cost-prohibitive.

I like a symmetrical look, too, but this may be the price we have to pay to take CKA to the next level.
                            Sure, I understand, revenue is king. It just hurts my eyes, and honestly I'm afraid the design on the renderings - should it actually happen - will make our classic, old school barn the butt of jokes both near and far.

Comment

• Good article from a national trade publication on what WSU is doing with tech startups. The article states that WSU through its Cisco Technical Research Center has the potential to be at the forefront of research on the "Internet of things."

Wichita State University Takes the Lead in Tech Startups

WSU funded more than $50 million in research in 2012, ranging from bioscience, chemistry and engineering to mathematics, physics and ancient civilizations. Additionally, the university ranks third among all U.S. universities in aeronautical research and development expenditures and first in industry funding for aeronautical R&D.

Under new president Dr. John Bardo, Wichita State University has taken a leading role in spurring innovation among local entrepreneurial firms, as well as among faculty and students with research and development ideas. Bardo recently established a new tech transfer office with a goal of launching more tech-driven startups from the university.

WSU's initiative is already working. Two Wichita State researchers developed the heart rate app and have filed a patent for it. The consolidated communications device will be marketed by Ulterius Technologies, an information technology startup cofounded by Alex Cavgalar, a WSU graduate from Turkey and a 2013 fellow of Pipeline, a program that supports entrepreneurs in Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri.

Another invention is brewing in the Advanced Networking Research Institute's Cisco Technical Research Center at WSU, which focuses on researching, designing and improving networks.

The center is working on the Internet of Things, billions of wireless sensors connecting people and machines in a constant flow of information. Students are experimenting with water sensors in plantings around campus that are designed to signal how much water each one needs. Volunteers from a variety of disciplines are working on the project, which is funded through federal grants and support from the Cisco center, as well as local data storage provider NetApp.

The project has the potential to position WSU at the forefront of this research, building on its strong graduate computer science program as students present the technology to attendees at industry and academic conferences.

http://www.businessclimate.com/wichi...-tech-startups
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post

Another invention is brewing in the Advanced Networking Research Institute's Cisco Technical Research Center at WSU, which focuses on researching, designing and center is working on the Internet of Things, billions of wireless sensors connecting people and machines in a constant flow of information. Students are experimenting with water sensors in plantings around campus that are designed to signal how much water each one needs. Volunteers from a variety of disciplines are working on the project, which is funded through federal grants and support from the Cisco center, as well as local data storage provider NetApp.

The project has the potential to position WSU at the forefront of this research, building on its strong graduate computer science program as students present the technology to attendees at industry and academic conferences.

http://www.businessclimate.com/wichi...-tech-startups
                                This probably isn't highly thought of in the Manhattan region of the state.

Comment

Working...
                                X