This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
    I'd be totally fine if Jim Schaus came back. What a baller.
    Yup. And my comment is not a knock on AD Sexton one bit. He's been a great steward of the program that was handed over to him. It's just that we need more than a steward at the moment. We desperately need a visionary at this pinnacle moment in WSU's history. The opportunity with campus expansion and top-5 rankings in a marquee sport won't last forever.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Yup. And my comment is not a knock on AD Sexton one bit. He's been a great steward of the program that was handed over to him. It's just that we need more than a steward at the moment. We desperately need a visionary at this pinnacle moment in WSU's history. The opportunity with campus expansion and top-5 rankings in a marquee sport won't last forever.
      The expansion of athletic facilities and possible renovations to Koch (including skyboxes) don't count in Sexton's favor? I think Bardo and the MBB team are doing just about everything they possibly can for WSU and Wichita at this point, and Sexton is doing everything he possibly can to keep Marshall. Seems like a good combo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        The expansion of athletic facilities and possible renovations to Koch (including skyboxes) don't count in Sexton's favor? I think Bardo and the MBB team are doing just about everything they possibly can for WSU and Wichita at this point, and Sexton is doing everything he possibly can to keep Marshall. Seems like a good combo.
        They definitely do count. ADES is doing a great job. We need a new conference though. Actually that's more in Bardo's court come think about it.

Comment

• When is the first ground to be broken for the Innovation Campus.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
            So which dorm planned is the next to be built?
            I believe it is the one on the west side of the golf course. This will provide housing for those students in the proposed new buildings of the innovation campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              When is the first ground to be broken for the Innovation Campus.
              They have started removing the old WheatShocker apts and that will be the first building built in the new Innovation Campus. Spring is the start date with completion the following year.

Comment

• Not massive growth but at least in the right direction:

What will be interesting will be to see how the Technology and Innovation additions and the addition of Shocker Hall II will impact enrollment in the not too distant future.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Not massive growth but at least in the right direction:

What will be interesting will be to see how the Technology and Innovation additions and the addition of Shocker Hall II will impact enrollment in the not too distant future.
                  I guess we can count on KSN being last to the news party. Those enrollment figures were released in September.

BTW I'm not fact-ing you, or calling you out at all. The news you reported just seemed old to me, like I had heard it before - which I had - 2 1/2 months ago. I'm not sure why it is making the rounds again, but it is a testament to the incompetency of the press.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    I guess we can count on KSN being last to the news party. Those enrollment figures were released in September.

BTW I'm not fact-ing you, or calling you out at all. The news you reported just seemed old to me, like I had heard it before - which I had - 2 1/2 months ago. I'm not sure why it is making the rounds again, but it is a testament to the incompetency of the press.
                    They actually weren't late to the party. I don't know why they put out the story yesterday when they had a story about it back on September 26, the same dday the regents put it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      They actually weren't late to the party. I don't know why they put out the story yesterday when they had a story about it back on September 26, the same dday the regents put it out.

http://ksn.com/2014/09/26/board-of-r...lment-numbers/

Ummm, guys, slow news day. Filler. If it bleeds it leads, if it's slow, you get the squirrel on water skis. If it's slow and you live in Wichita, you get a rerun on enrollment figures. No big deal.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Ummm, guys, slow news day. Filler. If it bleeds it leads, if it's slow, you get the squirrel on water skis. If it's slow and you live in Wichita, you get a rerun on enrollment figures. No big deal.
                        You saying we don't have squirrels that can water ski?!?! You shut your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

http://ksn.com/2014/09/26/board-of-r...lment-numbers/
                          Because they were beside themselves that WSU had 2.5x the KU numbers and nearly the same compared with K-State and wanted to thoroughly fact check it. That's why the original article doesn't mention KU or K-State at all and makes you dig into the numbers to compare. After thorough fact checking, there was nothing left that they could do to obfuscate the truth, so they reported it as quietly as possible on a Monday late in the afternoon when people are winding down their day, going home and not at their computers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            You saying we don't have squirrels that can water ski?!?! You shut your mouth.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If this thread doesn't have a contextual update by lunchtime tomorrow, I will be quite disappoint. Big news on the morrow.

Comment

• Josh Heck @ICTBiz_jheck
                                Wichita State is announcing a major gift this morning. Press kit includes a CD with the Fred and Mary Koch Foundation printed on it.
                                Bobby Gandu @wheatweet
                                Packed house for an announcement regarding a major gift to @wichita:State. Drumroll, please...

Comment

Working...
                                X