This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaand... we're off!

SB couldn't help himself from enjoying that dingleberry.

On another note, wouldn't a WSU football helmet with a black base and yellow/gold wheat (in similar design to the new WSU coporate logo) flowing from front to back - al la Michigan - be bad arse?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Aaaaand... we're off!

SB couldn't help himself from enjoying that dingleberry.

On another note, wouldn't a WSU football helmet with a black base and yellow/gold wheat (in similar design to the new WSU coporate logo) flowing from front to back - al la Michigan - be bad arse?
      That helmet logo would be bad.

Comment

FYI

@Joe_Kleinsasser: Don’t miss the Shocker Hall Dedication and Open House @WichitaState from 3- 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14. http://t.co/Yjqe8jsAA0
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          That helmet logo would be bad.
          Let's start a new thread about bringing back football!

Maybe we could get Mahindra to be the corporate sponsor?
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Dr. Bardo will discuss the Innovation Campus on Friday:

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...on-campus.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Dr. Bardo will discuss the Innovation Campus on Friday:

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...on-campus.html
              Locally in Omaha, years ago UNO undertook the same type of project on land that was the former Aksarben racetrack. The thing took off. It has led to increased enrollment, money and opportunities at the school. The thing is doing so well that statewide prospective engineering students choose UNO over Nebraska. Some on the Board of Regents are upset and want to roll all engineering back to the Lincoln campus.

With that, this project has great potential for Wichita State, and with my limited knowledge of what all Wichita State is planning, my opinion would be that the innovation campus is the single most important piece of your future plans.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I find this quote from Dr Bardo interesting and I think he kind of tips his hand concerning his vision for Wichita State.

" . . .and be part of a major, emerging national research university.”

I am really excited about the leadership and vision of the Bardo administration, and the trajectory of the university. I'm looking forwarded to hearing the update in the Innovation Campus this afternoon.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/edu...#storylink=cpy

Comment

You have to wonder if the KBoR is feeling the heat from other member schools for accidentally hiring a mover-shaker to the WSU helm, rather than just another status quo pet.

Comment

I was one of the people that didn't really like the Bardo hire.

I'm an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post

I'm an idiot.
                      I liked Beggs, but at this point, I'm starting to wonder what he was even doing. Bardo has made such a difference at WSU in no time at all. He's either over extending the university beyond belief or Beggs was holding the university back beyond belief.

I guess the third option is that both guys deserve credit... Like Beggs positioned the university for all this to happen but knew he didn't have the energy for carrying it all out so he stepped down and helped find the guy who did. I'll choose this perspective.

Comment

20-year master plan. A few highlights.

Within five years, Bardo wants to create an Experimental Engineering Building that will include engineering labs and “maker space” that will be open to paying members wanting access to technology equipment to hone ideas for innovation.

Bardo’s plan also calls for construction of a second on-campus residence hall to complement Shocker Hall, which officially opened Thursday.

All of this development is planned for areas along the eastern edge of WSU’s campus, an area that is now home to Braeburn Golf Course. The course will likely close as a result, although the university’ hasn’t committed specifically to the closure yet.

Read more:
                        http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...itter&page=all

Comment

I'm an idiot.
                          Sorry @Shoxfan11: - the devil made me do it. :redface:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm an idiot.
                            I'm with you. I admit I thought other candidates had stronger resumes. Couldn't ask for much more from Bardo, from his performance thus far. Dude is kicking arse and taking names.

Comment

If you want to watch Dr Bardo's presentation on the Innovation Campus live at 2 today here is the link:

http://wichitastate.tv/index.php?opt...d=3&Itemid=133

Comment

From the presentation: There were 5,000 applications for enrollment over the previous year.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X