Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will they do with the Brennan hall area?

Comment

Wow! They're going to need sewer pipes the size of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.

Last edited by WstateU; May 21, 2014, 03:48 PM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        What will they do with the Brennan hall area?
        I think the plan is to raze the buildings. Not sure what they will do on that site. However, since it is not part of the master plan it would not surprise me if they sold those to a private developer for additional near-campus housing stock.

In the last year or so Varsity Manor Apartments on 17th Street were purchased and totally remodeled by a private developer. They are now called the Seventeen60 Apartments. Of course, that assumes they can find an interested private developer/investor.

We have no excess capacity with our on-campus housing at this point so additional privately-owned near-campus housing would be helpful.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

BTW, the master plan posted by @ShockBand was Phase 3. 10-20 years down the road.

Here is the article that accompanied the Master Plan link that @ShockBand: posted.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Some of it may never happened, but I like seeing big hairy audacious goals being set.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              Some of it may never happened, but I like seeing big hairy audacious goals being set.
              Ut oh you gave @WstateU: another visual. LOL
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                HBS believes in BHAGs

Comment

I am very excited about the future of the University. I really like Pres. Bardo's vision and leadership. I spoke to him and his wife briefly at a women's basketball game to thank him for what he is doing. He said two things that really stood out to me. First, it has taken an incredible amount of work in a short time to get this set in motion. Second, to him and his wife Wichita St is like "home" to them, so I think that they have a real passion for this University.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Five, ten, and twenty year plans are wonderful, but often they never come to fruition.

I, too, am very impressed with President Bardo's energy, leaderhip, and vision and fully believe that he will surpass all the goals he has set forward for the University's future growth and greatness.

Comment

I hope that Dr Bardo does well on the enrollment for the short term and foreseeable future. I was told by one of the Deans that a great number of the faculty are taking a wait and see attitude about Dr Bardo and his new administration. Apparently change does not go well even at institutions of higher learning.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        I hope that Dr Bardo does well on the enrollment for the short term and foreseeable future. I was told by one of the Deans that a great number of the faculty are taking a wait and see attitude about Dr Bardo and his new administration. Apparently change does not go well even at institutions of higher learning.
                        Most of the business school faculty seemed very excited about Bardo's vision. The student body doesn't seem on board because he takes away parking lots. They don't understand the concept of trying to change the university's image.

Comment

Global info tech company to work with Wichita State

It will be interesting to see how this program develops for Wichita State. It has the potential of providing a lot of benefit for the University, the community and the aviation manufacturing cluster.

"What we're announcing instead is that there's an engineering services company from India that wants a bigger presence in the U.S. They chose us. And now we're going to collaborate to grow hundreds of new engineering jobs here."

The company will help WSU train engineers, who will then live here and work for Tech Mahindra doing projects for local companies, including in composite materials manufacturing, advanced materials, aircraft certification and structural testing, WSU officials said.

http://www.kansas.com/2014/07/16/355...y-to-work.html
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Terrific!

Comment

Why am I skeptical?

Foreign company hires a bunch of Americans.
                              Foreign company lands major contracts with large aerospace firms.
                              Foreign company lays off Americans and uses offshore labor, cutting their payroll in half.
                              Rinse and repeat.

I'm not saying this will happen; maybe this is the greatest company on the planet and a true blessing for WSU -- but we have seen this tactic used before. Isn't there an American company that wants to do the same thing?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                It will be interesting to see how this program develops for Wichita State. It has the potential of providing a lot of benefit for the University, the community and the aviation manufacturing cluster.

"What we're announcing instead is that there's an engineering services company from India that wants a bigger presence in the U.S. They chose us. And now we're going to collaborate to grow hundreds of new engineering jobs here."

The company will help WSU train engineers, who will then live here and work for Tech Mahindra doing projects for local companies, including in composite materials manufacturing, advanced materials, aircraft certification and structural testing, WSU officials said.

http://www.kansas.com/2014/07/16/355...y-to-work.html
                                Aerospace hi-tech composites technology is generally ITAR/EAR controlled. So there will be significant hurdles for a foreign company to come in and effectively work in this area. Also, a foreign company has nothing to teach or help in aircraft certification process - that is just beuaracratic paper push excersise. Maybe this might make a difference if there was a significant market for US product in India, but there is not due to corruption and reality they want to design and build their own products, not import. This is really a disgused attempt to to try and transfer technology and information to India.

Comment

Working...
                                X