2008 Royals - Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Royals - Spring Training

I figured we could just put all the 2008 Royals news in one thread to keep it simple:

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Royals general manager Dayton Moore said the team is likely done making roster moves until spring training begins in mid-February. "As spring training evolves, I'm sure there will be more things that we try to do," Moore said. "But right now I look for us to be pretty much set as we go into spring training."
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

AL Central outlooks:

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Royals open up at home against the Yankees.

My best friend is from New York life long Yankee fan so we are both planning on making the trip and taking our kids with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

My best friend is from New York life long Yankee fan so we are both planning on making the trip and taking our kids with us.
          Crap! We never catch a break on opening day.

Couldn't we get Tampa Bay or Texas? Just once?

Comment

No, we never can, because Tampa Bay and Texas get to play teams like the Red Sox and Rockies on opening day.

The Royals suffer similar fates, sadly....
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Crap! We never catch a break on opening day.

Couldn't we get Tampa Bay or Texas? Just once?
              If it makes you feel any better before we take on the Yanks we open up on the road against Detroit and Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                I just saw that. Wonder how it will work out?

Comment

Tomklo=Mark Redman 2.0

Comment

If it makes you feel any better before we take on the Yanks we open up on the road against Detroit and Minnesota.
                    At Detroit?

Nope. Now I feel worse.

Thanks, ASM. You're a real pal. ;-)

On a more positive note, the Royals caravan is in Hutch today. I'm thinking I may take the family and give Billy Butler some encouragement!

Comment

At Detroit?

Nope. Now I feel worse.

On a more positive note, the Royals caravan is in Hutch today. I'm thinking I may take the family and give Billy Butler some encouragement!
                      HAHAH Im going to try and make a Tigers game this year mainly because that lineup is so stacked.

Im actually peeved Butler and some guys were at Heroes from 7-8 on Friday night and I was not able to make it.

Comment

At Detroit?

Nope. Now I feel worse.

I think they're stopping at Heroes in Wichita today too. Around 7pm.
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

We always open with Detroit

8)
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We made it to the caravan at 5pm and the line was LONG! They were only supposed to be there until 5:30 but they said they would stick around until everyone made it through. My son got autographs from Joey Gathright, David DeJesus, Billy Butler, Dennis Leonard, Al Fitzmoris and some guy named Steve Spencer (broadcaster???).

I jokingly asked Dayton Moore, "Hey, do you have a contract ready with Bartolo's name on it?" He smiled and shook his head and asked me if I thought signing him would be a good thing and how many innings I thought Colon would pitch this year. I said "200 would be good!". That got a laugh out of DeJesus and Butler.

A moment later Moore came over and talked to me a little about it (DM is a friendly guy!). He didn't think BC would command a high dollar but he sounded very concerned about BC's health and weight (278 lbs!!!). I got the distinct impression DM didn't think Colon would stay healthy.

So I think it's safe to say that Bartolo Colon will not be a Royal in 2008.

Comment

I have wondered why we haven't gone after Kyle Lohse. He is young and a good pitcher. The only thing I can think is b/c he is a righty and he have enough righties, but we keep signing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X